Print

Author Topic: My GameCube's [messed] up!!!  (Read 3249 times)

« on: July 28, 2002, 02:59:55 PM »
Whenever i have my GC hooked up thru an RF switch, the picture (during game) is wavey.I've had it since Nov.18 and went thru 6 switches. What the hell do I do?

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 03:45:29 PM »
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2002, 03:59:14 PM »
Hi! why don't you get an audio video cord for it and hook it up to your VCR maybe that might help out plus I think it's cheap they didn't include a audio video cord for the system after paying 200 bucks for it.
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2002, 06:33:57 PM »
I did. It's still f$#ed. It's not my tv, either.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2002, 06:40:29 PM »
to Robo I know GameCube is a "rip off! thats why i never bothered with one I just stick with my Nintendo Gameboy advance Super Nintendo and N64 because there wasn't many familiar games for that system either

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 01:19:44 PM »
You know, that happened to me, too. See, once, I decided to take my GameCube to my friend's house, because he REALLY wanted to play SSBM. Well, it turns out that his bedroom TV (the only set we were allowed to play on) had no A/V inputs. Luckily, I had brought along an R/F switch for that very reason. When we powered up the GCN, I noticed a sort of "wavy" noise pattern that should not have been there.

Maybe it's because the R/F modulator produced static during the RF/RCA conversion. Of course, it could also be an aftereffect of poor craftsmanship. I just don't know!

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 09:09:57 PM »
OK, I got a GCN RF modulator switch and the exact same thing happened. It also happens with all my friends RF switches. I called Nintendo about it and they said that it's supposed to look that way normally. They said there are some ways to fix it. They will not always work but here they are.

1: Try to change the channel you play GAMECUBE on. Sometimes what channel you use effects. Try to switch between 3 and 4.

2: If you have a cable wire screwed in to that side of the RF switch, try to unscrew the cable wire while you play GAMECUBE. Sometimes the cable interferes with the game signal, sometimes it's a cheap wire.

3: If you are using one from the SNES NES or N64, try to buy a GCN RF switch.

4: Just break down and buy a TV with A/V plugs. Then use what they give you in the box. Or put a VCR on the TV and run the  GAMECUBE through the VCR.

That is all I can say. Was it any help? Also remeber, sometimes you have to accept that RF switches make the game look crappy.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2002, 12:07:00 PM »
yeah, same thing happened to mine, but shortly the rfu broke off.

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 12:15:56 PM »
i dont get it my gc works just fine its all clear

So theres sonic running at full speed blue blur right behind him he remembers that he left his chili dog at the hot dog stand so he runs back and all he sees is the blur in his face he finds his way out and a poll shows up out of no where and so sonic is left with a long red mark going straight down his face
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2002, 11:35:09 PM »
That happened a long time ago when we hooked up a WebTV unit to our 16+ year old tv. It required an RF modulator, and the picture was wavy whenever we had it on. It's something with the coax cables, is my guess. Maybe you can just tell more with an on the fly signal.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2002, 09:17:26 AM »
Slickarm, are you using A/V cables or an RF set?

If the picture is wavy unscrew the cable cord. That helps about %74 of the time.

Print