Print

Author Topic: Gamecube's Dying  (Read 5831 times)

« on: August 13, 2002, 02:33:23 AM »
For those of you that haven't heard, (those of you who won't say, "We already know" that is) There was a recent news report from the head of Nintendo saying that the Gamecube would probably be the last system they would make, because the system didn't sell as well as expected. Probably because everyone has to wait so long for their games. And, there's only a handful of good titles for it. I think they should have stuck with N64. Everyone was used to the cartridge format from Nintendo, and they came out with more familiar titles for it. Oh well, I guess they've still got GBA to fall back on....

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 10:10:31 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(gasp)OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 10:25:19 AM »
Now, will you actually believe these people? It took them over 6 1/2 years to make the GameCube after they made the N64.

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 11:31:27 AM »
Gamecube's been dead. That's because nintendo is full of morons who delay games and can't learn that in the entertainment buissness it's "Quanity over Quality." They're too nit-picky at nintendo. The days when Nintendo wasn't dying have been over ever since the end of Super Nintendo. Let's just watch nintendo relese it's good games and then delay some more games while ps2 and x-box are throwing out games like they're pennies.

I hate you.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2002, 01:54:09 PM »
Vegeta, YOU ASS. OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO DUMB. If you'd payed any attention to the pros, then you'd know he was simply saying that the Gamecube would have a longer run than, say, the n64 and Snes. Expect a new console around 2008.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2002, 04:59:45 PM »
Ok, that was uncalled for. there's no reason to call me an ass, I was just reporting waht I happened to see on another site, that's all. I didn't think the Gamecube was going to last long anyway. It, and the discs are too small to be worth the price they're asking. End of story. I'll stick to my good old standby systems, even though they may be extinct. At least those lasted longer than the Gamecube.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 05:15:16 PM »
There you go again...
I'm sorry I called you an ass.
But Gamecube may be small but THAT'S FOR CONVIENIENCE!!! It's the 2nd most powerful console ever, and you think £130/$150 is too much?!
THE N64 WAS £250/$250 ON RELEASE!!!
And anyway, the only systems that lasted as long as the Gamecube's expectancy are NES, PSX, and Gameboy.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2002, 02:27:48 AM »
Apology accepted. By the way, why would Nintendo want to make another system later on if the Gamecube's not doing so well? Look what happened to Sega. They tried again and again, and nothing did well after the Genesis. So Nintendo might be going the same route if they don't shape up and stop being so nit-picky with the game graphics and delaying them for eons....

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2002, 11:21:55 AM »
At least Sunshine hasn't been delayed once.
But don't expect Zelda: Reborn until 2005.

Kai

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2002, 12:22:22 PM »
Glad to see you working out your problems. But I don't think Gamecube's dying just yet. Let's see what happens when games like Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures, Mario Kart GC, Zelda, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Doshin the Giant and of course Animal Crossing.

-----------------------
-LET IT RIP! (beyblade)
-------------------------
-Dude, I Rock! (Medabots)

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2002, 12:27:33 PM »
Yeah, GAMECUBE is about dead right nw, but after Star Fox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, The Leend of Zelda, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, and 007-Nightfire come out, GAMECUBE will be a hit.

I forgot to mention Resident Evil 0.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2002, 04:50:27 PM »
An interesting poll taken from my class (of 2005) at high school:

What system is the best?

34% PS2
11% Xbox
4% GCN
51% None of the above.

Of course, you have to consider that Nintendo is not aiming for the High School audience (though really should be) and that I think my class is shallow. This proves it:

What do you find most important in a game?

35% Graphics
33% Variety
18% Cost
14% Other

So, according to the plurality of my class, even if a game is boring, can be beat in 1 hour, and cost $100, it is awesome if it has good graphics.

So, that doesn't really say much for my class. Still, the numbers don't lie, Nintendo needs to broaden its audience, and cater to the shallowness of society *shudder* today if they wish to sell more games. Today's people will buy any crap offered to them if it is hyped enough. Take the Anna Nicole Smith Show, for example. The mere concept of it makes you want to puke, but because of the way they pressed it (You couldn't go 2 minutes without seeing some kind of ad for it on E! every day for about 2 months before its release) People were still STUPID enough to watch it. I didn't though, thank God, cause if I did, I'd be a hypocrite, and even worse, I'd be acting in conformance with our society *shudder*.

Point is, Our society *shudder* is so stupid, shallow, and gullible that they'll buy just about any crap offered to them if pitched well enough. There are a few exceptions, but not enough for this to be a problem. Nintendo must realise this to get ahead.

(Sorry to anyone I offended my my views in this post. I wasn't insulting anyone in paticular, only humanity in general.)

Once again, that was an opinion. You may not agree, and I accept that. I do not, however, wish to be flamed for my views. Thank you in advance.

Cuando yo me siento aquí, reflexionar lo que aconteció exactamente con mi vida, yo me dí cuenta algo. Algo interesar. ... algo que no era bastante correcto... algo que pareció hacer mi vida incompleta... algo que hizo mí se siente vacía adentro.. ¿Tan, usted sabe lo que hice? Absolutamente nada. Era el mejor desicion de mi vida. Mi vida no bastante correcta vacía.
~I.S.~

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2002, 05:49:06 PM »
Once again Insane Steve, our schools are exactly alike. Are you sure you don't live near me? In other words, I agree with you. Don't have much to say other than that.

I hate you.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2002, 08:06:11 AM »
Totally different here.
Pre-release comments:
"Gamecube is so s**t"
"Ha! It looks like a girls console!"
"It will only have about five games this year, and they'll all be Mario and Pikachu"
"The graphics suck"
"It's a kiddy console"
"It's too big"
"It looks rubbish"
"The discs are so small, they only hold 100 MB."
"The controller is a disfigured Dualshock"

But after it was released, well...
"Woh! This rocks!"
"This is a great console"
"It's a lot better than the Xbox. At least I can fit this in my house"
"I love the Gamecube"
"It's even better than the ps2"
"The whole experience is amazing"
"The pad is so comfy!"

-See? In England it's a whole different story. Note that I didn't say any of the above myself.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2002, 04:04:05 PM »
I'll agree with you to some extent, there - the Cube's been surprisingly well-received over here. But I must admit I've never heard any of those positive comments you mentioned, or any comments to that effect.
The GameCube isn't dying. Nintendo are making their money, and it's popular enough. It just happens that the PlayStation 2 is more "fashionable". And, I'm sure you lot can all agree that what's fashionable isn't necessarily what’s quality.
Now I've finished stating the blindingly obvious, I'll sit in some... I don’t know... Custard.

~Waddle Dedede
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Print