Print

Author Topic: Next-generation system ideas...  (Read 1823 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 27, 2003, 01:02:09 PM »
Post your ideas for what the next-generation systems from Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony should be...

Microsoft's next system should be backward's compatible with existing Xbox software and hardware. That's one thing that made the PS2 so popular, it was backwards-compatible with previous PlayStation software and hardware. There are much improvements to be made to the Xbox, so Microsoft should get things right with their next system. One HUGE complaint is the Xbox's massive size. The existing Xbox system is twice the size of a PS2 (not that big, but it's still too big to carry around). Microsoft has hinted that they will make their next system much smaller. Hopefully a bit bigger than the GameCube, but still small enough to carry around without breaking your back trying to lift it... Microsoft already addressed consumer's complaints regarding the size of the controller, making the redesigned Controller-S much smaller and having an improved button layout. The Controller-S should be the primary controller used for the next Xbox system; kind of like how Sony reused the same controller design for the Dual Shock 2. The Xbox 2 should be DVD-playable right out of the box, like the PS2, with no annoying adapters or remote controls to buy seperately...

Sony's next system should be about the same size as PS2. It should be backwards-compatible with all existing PlayStation software, and should include extra DVD features like the PS2 and Xbox. The PS3 should be DVD-playable right out of the box, like the PS2, with no annoying adapters or remote controls to buy seperately... Sony should keep the same controller design for the Dual Shock 3. The PlayStation controller is a great controller, and I love the simple, yet easy-to-use design.

For both the PS3 and Xbox 2, they should use the new mini-DVD 3-inch disk format that originated with the GameCube. I heard a rumor in PSM: 100% Independent PlayStation Magazine that the PS3 will use Sony's new BlueRay disk technology that has a DVD housed within a small plastic case, to prevent scratches on the disk. Xbox 2 should use a similar format...

Nintendo's next system should be about the same size as the GameCube. It should be backwards-compatible will all existing GameCube software and hardware. Nintendo should keep the GameCube's controller design, since it is one of the best controllers I have ever used! Nintendo's next system should also be DVD-playable right out of the box, since Nintnedo needs some sort of extra features on their next system to ensure a good success... Look at PS2 and Xbox, they're popularity is mainly based on their DVD features as well as their games.

Any comments/complaints you need to adress, you can reply here. You may even post your own ideas if you want!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 11:46:47 PM »
All I want in Nintendo's next-gen system is no stupid gimmicks like DVD players and junk. I hate that.

As for Sony and Xbox, all I want in their next systems is for them not to exist.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/27/2003 9:47:22 PM
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 06:24:10 AM »
Umm... What's so bad about Sony's systems? Sony has revolutionized the technology used for video games! Without PlayStation, we probably wouldn't have GameCube! Xbox, well...that's another story.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 11:40:52 PM »
I don't follow your reasoning. Why wouldn't we have GameCube if not for PS2? It would keep going... 8, 16, 32, 64, 128...
I dislike Sony's systems for a few reasons:
For one thing, Sony has tried to completely take over the console business. I wouldn't mind so much if they hadn't tried to crush everyone else, as well as betray Nintendo and steal the development stuff for PSX.
Another thing, the PSX and PS2 are substandard. The textures for the "mighty" PSX were not only terribly low-res, but the polygons weren't even solid like they should have been. One thing that comes to mind is Dave Mirra's foot continually falling through his bike pedal, only to reappear back on the pedal a frame later. Not only that, but most games that were previously on Nintendo (such as Mega Man) were pretty bad on PlayStation. As for PS2, they released it much too soon and gave it terrible graphics, (for a system of today) but that doesn't really matter, but there are hardly any games worth playing on the darn thing. Most of it is stupid fighting games and mediocre sports games. I rest my case.
I challenge you to name one thing about PlayStation that is better in any way than Nintendo. Nintendo's games are infinitely better than any PlayStation crud. And the technology CERTAINLY isn't up to par with GCN, as PSX wasn't as good as N64.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/28/2003 9:45:07 PM
That was a joke.

Print