Print

Author Topic: The "Phantom" game system...  (Read 2277 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: August 01, 2003, 10:11:55 AM »
...I just went to the website www.phantom.net and it seems that the Phantom system is real. The company Infinium Labs is going to unveil it at this year's Ultimate Gamer's Expo (whatever that is).

I could really care less about this Phantom gaming system. It is said to support PC games, other console games, and is able to connect to the internet and download extra games to it's hard drive. Can anyone say "copyright infringement"?

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 05:50:18 PM »
At first, I thought it was a hoax. But, like you, I did research and it does seem true...
 n/a

Yos

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 07:02:50 PM »
Three words: "What the heck?"

Edited by - Yos on 8/1/2003 6:03:09 PM

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 06:24:01 PM »
That's probably illegal, and it sounds like a system more based on gimmicks than actual substance. other systems of that type have been known to fail miserably.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 10:33:20 PM »
Atari, Sega Saturn, Sega GameGear, Sega Dreamcast, 3DO, Nintendo Virtual Boy, etc... All good examples of why systems that have good potential end up failing due to poor marketing and/or crappy software.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 8/2/2003 9:33:54 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 03:42:45 PM »
I saw that in Popular Science like, six months ago.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 11:02:13 PM »
Atari didn't fail, foo'.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 02:11:21 AM »
OMG! In my opinion, i think if that curton is open, it will look bigger then the Xbox! Noooo! I want it the size of a SNES!
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

Print