Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power  (Read 4621 times)

« on: September 01, 2003, 07:02:12 AM »
Who reads Nintendo Power?

PS Sorry Chupp, Sapph and Lizard. NP doesn't like Jar Jar Fans. Your still free to write on this subject.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Die, father, die!

Edited by - Alucard on 9/1/2003 6:03:15 AM
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 10:12:42 AM »
Me.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 10:27:42 AM »
I read it every now and then but I'm not subscribed.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 10:49:28 AM »
I don't like horribly biased magazines so I don't read it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 01:35:32 PM »
How are you classify Nintendo Power as Highly Biased?! It doesn't even mention Playstation or X-Box in it! I subscribe to it and I have since I was 6 years old. Don't be dissing Nintendo Power!

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 01:39:07 PM »
It is affiliated with Nintendo, a company that makes the games they review and preview. That is not my idea of journalism.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 01:47:54 PM »
Jeeze Lizard Dude. The name of the magazine is Nintendo Power! Why do you think they only review their own games? They make it because Nintendo makes it! What's biased about that? Oh I'm sorry is it because they're not sharing? Psh. They're their own magazine. THey don't have to review other systems. That's why it's called Nintendo Power. Not Video Game Power. Jeeze.

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 02:01:22 PM »
I've been an NP subscriber for almost 2 years now. My first issue was 150, I believe--the one with SSBM on the cover.

(Edit--Gah! Can't a girl who happened to win the "Best Grammar/Spelling" award get away with a few typos? XD )

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 9/1/2003 5:55:41 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 02:01:36 PM »
A recent report by the government says that the government is doing everything just fine.

Get my drift? I have no problem with the magazine, but it's not my kind of thing. The only magazine I personally subscribe to is Computer Games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 06:38:55 PM »
WHAT IS SSMB? Super Smash Mario Bros.?!

I like NP for the previews but that's really all it's good for, in my opinion.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2003, 05:53:04 PM »
A bit of knowlege for you Lizard Dude...

The motto of Nintendo Power is: "The only OFFICIAL source."
Nintendo Power is an official magazine made by Nintendo, so of course they are going to review their own games first!

It's just like how Official PlayStation Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine are affiliated with Sony and Microsoft respectively.

None of these official magazines would talk about the games of rival systems. It's simply bad publicity for them to do so.

=============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2003, 06:54:37 PM »
 To be perfectly honest, Lizard Dude isn't the one in need of knowledge. It's the lot of you.

Nintendo Power is a biased magazine. It doesn't even make sense to say otherwise. Namely for the exact reasons you guys have already mentioned.

"It's just like how Official PlayStation Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine are affiliated with Sony and Microsoft respectively."

Exactly, those both are biased magazines as well.

Seriously, that shouldn't need any explaining. Lizard Dude's "example" should have cleared everything up.

I'm not saying it's a bad magazine because it's biased, but that's exactly what it is--biased.

Nintendo Power was what got me through Elementary school. I started on issue 16, I think it was, and had subscribed up until 2 years ago, maybe? So, don't think I'm "bashing" it.

Bah, it's just annoying when you're arguing against something that's obviously true. Although, I'm not one whom should speak, I guess.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2003, 07:26:26 PM »
NP is biased, but that is why I like it.  I don't play games on Playstation, Xbox, or PC.  NP only list games for Nintendo even if they are not made by Nintendo.  The only other game mag a subscribe to is Game Informer.  I get GI because it comes with my 10% off card at GameStop stores.

Besides, there is no such thing as anyone who is truely not biased in anyway.

Edited by - Luigison on 9/6/2003 6:34:21 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2003, 07:58:20 PM »
"Bah, it's just annoying when you're arguing against something that's obviously true. Although, I'm not one whom should speak, I guess."

:)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2003, 10:37:57 AM »
I think you all need knowledge of when an argument is worth arguing. Just kidding.   ANYWAY, I used to buy Nintendo Power every month from blockbuster, but now I just subscribed.

I never lie.  AND I DO NOT HAVE ANGER PROBLEMS!  And I''m never sad*sniff*.  And I''m perfectly *cough* healthy.  I never lie.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print