Print

Author Topic: Donkey Konga  (Read 2442 times)

« on: October 01, 2003, 01:06:11 PM »
w00t w00t! Finally a rhythm game for GameCube. It uses a bongo drum-like controller. This had better come to the US. Scheduled Japanese release: Spring 2004.

Thoughts?

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 03:40:12 PM »
I'm not into rhthm games(because I have no rhythm peroid). But I like your new(new to me anyways) signature.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TheEggMan on 10/1/2003 2:40:54 PM

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 04:21:22 PM »
Intriguing.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 04:59:33 PM »
I hope it brings back the flavor of the Donkey Kong Country series. You see, I am (or at least was) a big fan of the DKC series. Sure, the characters were kinda strange looking, but the gameplay was awsome. But when DK64 came out, I was one of the most dissopointed fans. It was basically a lame, rip-off of Banjo-Kazooie. I wanted it to be like Mario 64, but no, Rare just had to make into a DK version of Banjo-Kazooie. Plus, Lankey, Chunkey and Tiny were a little way too much for me to handle. They were some of the most annoying side-kicks ever. I know Donkey Konga is really a spin-off, but who cares? This hopefully WILL put the Country back in Donkey Kong Country. Also, it just might be the next Samba De Amigo!

---------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 05:01:40 PM »
Donkey Konga is gonna suck!Namco jacked it up bad!Im new and hate PS2!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 05:04:57 PM »
Excuse me for saying so, but Donkey Konga is going to literally rock the house.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 04:23:12 PM »
I agree with Lizard Dude...
 n/a

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 05:28:40 AM »
Speaking of Donkey Konga, if the DKC series is not part of The Mushroom Kingdom Universe, how come screenshots of this game were shown? Is it all of a sudden part of TMK Universe now that Rare is gone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You messed up my moose!-Rabbit
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 07:37:41 PM »
Pretty much, yeah.
Plus, this game has Mario music in it.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »
I was wondering the same thing.  I didn't realize it had Mario music in it but I don't know much about it at all.  I wasn't a big fan of the DKC games although I have them all.  I never got use to DK on N64 though.  I hope this game is cool, although the screen shots look very simplistic.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2003, 01:06:40 PM »
That's how rhythm games had better look, or they're in trouble.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Print