Print

Author Topic: This makes me mad... (Extremely Biased Article)  (Read 10753 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2003, 07:29:00 PM »
Well sure GameCube sales are disastrous, Trainman. What is there to argue?

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2003, 07:41:58 PM »
Actually, I just read what Wanwan wrote, and that was the only really mean thing.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2003, 08:09:55 PM »
Gamecube sales may have been low, but they rose greatly in the past month or two due to the price drops and bonus offers. Also, combined with Game Boy Advance sales, Nintendo is leading the Video Game race. Nintendo's main system may not be leading, but Nitnendo has a TON of other things that they can make money with. This is one of the main reasons why Nintendo is a better system in my opinion.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2003, 08:24:43 PM »
LD, why have I heard about sales quintupling due to these price drops then?

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.

Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2003, 11:58:59 PM »
I don't think what I wrote was mean; it was true, and that's the kind of criticism you get when you put your work out there on the Internet for others to read and agree or disagree with as they like.  My comment was meant to be constructive, and I'd have been more than willing to help Trainman edit his post as well as I could (he obviously has much more knowledge than I do about the hardware comprising the systems, and I salute him for that) if he hadn't already sent the letter.

Sorry if I offended you Trainman, but I don't think my comment was excessive or out of line.  I've gotten much worse from professors.

And angry letters aren't "supposed" to be long; if you want to get your point across to someone, it's supposed to be clear and concise.  An editorial, that's different.  (Although it's still poor writing to repeat yourself using different words that many times.)
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2003, 07:34:18 AM »
I'm soooooooo mad that I could kick some random PlayStation owner in the nuts right about now...!!

There is something interesting to be said, in the article they mention that Nintendo will fall one day like SEGA (I wish that never happens) if they keep on like they are now, and they article also mentions that this will cause Nintendo to go software-only...
Howvever, I don't think that will ever be the case, because once I read that Satoru Iwata once said,"...If our company goes down like SEGA, then that's it!"
What he meant that if we assume that both Nintendo's current console and GameBoy failed, then the whole company will fall and will be gone...
i.e. if Nintendo stops making hardware, Nintendo will also stop making software just like that, which is unlike SEGA had done Nintendo will do! Furthermore in meaning, no Nintendo hardware, no Super Mario game at all! Not even on Sony's, Microsoft's or even Nokia's systems like we now see Sonic the Hedgehog games on all sytems!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2003, 04:19:01 PM »
"Sorry if I offended you Trainman, but I don't think my comment was excessive or out of line."

Oh, no, WanWan, I'm not offended at all. People said your statement was mean, which isn't true, and probably make you think that you were being mean to me... or something...

Yes, I noticed "funner" right after I sent the letter; a few people have been bothering me about like I don't know what words I use... so please stop with it.

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2003, 04:56:38 PM »
That article is completely ignorant, stupid, and a whole bunch of other things I can't say, like cuss words. The guy who wrote that is obviously a gamer who only like violent games. And besides, no one can say anything about PS2 sales over GC sales. PS2 has been out much longer in case people didn't know that! For some reason, a whole bunch of people like all these violent, bloody gore games for some reason. I guess they don't realize thats whats making the world so corrupt now a days.

Nintendo owns you.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2003, 05:36:22 PM »
I agree with what nintendofreak said earlier.  These self proclaimed "experts" have never touched a video game controller in their lives.

<P>What I would like to say, is that I agree with LD, but those idiots didn't have to bash a great VG company!
<P> And another thing, uh, oh yeah!  I thought Time Magazine was one of the most popular magazines in the world.  Only to write a Nintendo bashing article like this!
You've gotta be kidding me!  Why does an international magazine feel the need to bash Nintendo?  It makes me sick.  It makes me absolutely sick, like Meow man was.
   <P>Oh man, I lost all track of time!  I went on and on right there.  And here I go again!  This ends an ultra long rant by me on the worst Time article ever! <p>

Proud to be an American!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 03:43:06 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2003, 05:46:07 PM »
"Time Magazine just posted the worst article in its long and illustrious life."

<sarcasm>Yeah, I know, it's as if they published the article so they could state their opinion.</sarcasm>

BTW, Trainman, what you've said doesn't make sense to me.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?

Edited by - Markio on 12/12/2003 3:52:55 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2003, 07:29:52 PM »
Most of the above post are from Nintendo fan boys.  I think you guys need to lighten up.  Most of the artical was/is true.  Yes, the GameCube has done well 'recently', but over all it is hurting.  I hope Nintendo has learned that in the US video gaming is an adult market.  I know most of you are under 18, but most of you had parents buy your console(s) too.  I don't like 'mature' games, but my wife likes the PS2 because of the DVD she say it is a better deal for the money.  A lot of American would agree with her.  Now that DVD player price have fallen that may change some.  I have a PS2 and a GameCube, but greatly prefer the Cube.  Not because of the console itself, but because of the game Nintendo makes for it.  So, I agree with LD.  Anyway, not all of the article was Nintendo bashing:

Despite its troubles, no one is seriously suggesting that Nintendo is going to be squeezed out of the hardware business almost overnight, as Sega was. Nintendo is sitting on $6 billion in cash and carries no debt, which could provide a war chest with which to outsource a competitive next-generation hardware system. The threats to its Game Boy monopoly are, at this point, hypothetical; and it does have a core excellence in producing seductive software, which makes it (still) one of the largest game publishers in the world.

Nintendo having "$6 billion in cash" and "a core excellence in producing seductive software" are very positive to me.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2003, 09:07:27 PM »
Killa, you think MA-rated games are the reason the world is so "corrupt" nowadays?  I don't really see the logic there, enlighten me.

Rolling over in his grave . . . fweeeheeheehee.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2003, 11:42:03 PM »
"but over all it is hurting."

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but what does this mean exactly?
Deezer was here.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2003, 12:21:00 AM »
"BTW, Trainman, what you've said doesn't make sense to me."

What part, Markio?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2003, 01:24:20 PM »
http://nintendo.com/mediaFiles/f74f1ba6-a3f8-49da-b86c-a032762608fe.jpg>

Nintendo GameCube Hits No. 1

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print