Print

Author Topic: I'm bored... any challenges to unboard me from a game?  (Read 2436 times)

« on: March 13, 2005, 10:34:21 PM »
This topic is about making challenges for a game. Pretty much its making things up that weren't already in the game, just fun things to keep you occupied with the game even longer.

Well, I first occupied my time by playing SSBM and beating classic mode on hard with every character (I beat it on very hard with Link & Roy). I just think it would be cool if the great people of TMK would come together and think of new ways to entertain yourself on a game.

Any game would work (just keep it to the GameCube). I recommend Mario games or its relations (SSBM), but any game would work.

-----------------------------
"Mrs. Techer! If we''re all created equal, then why is your desk bigger?"
-Bart Simpson (quate taken from a Simpsons valentine)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 10:46:13 PM »
MKDD Time Trials.  While it's not exactly new, I know the original SMK time trials kept me occupied more than most games.  I haven't the time to put that kind of time into MKDD, though.  It's too bad more games don't have point systems anymore as those are always the source of replay value.  The thing I really like about the Bonk remake for GameCube is that is has multiple difficulty levels and keeps stats for best score, best time to complete the game, etc.  I think SSBM is one of the most replayable games as far as different challenges are concerned because of the large number of modes and characters.  One thing that could be interesting is to see if you can find and reliably reproduce game glitches.  This has the potential to be a great topic.  I was just reading this article, and thought it made some great points.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 10:53:17 PM »
Play with your feet.

Play with the controller upside down or backwards.

Turn your TV upside down.

Play by looking at the screen in a mirror.

Wear drunk goggles.

Play with one hand.

Wear mittens.

Put colored platic wrap over the screen.

Ajust the horizontal and vertical of your TV.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:59:29 PM »
Say, I've been working on my MK:DD time trials. But I'm not going to look at other people's times. I remain proud through ignorance in this way... But seriously, when I learned of other MK64 time trial times, I felt very sick. My best scores were absurd in comparison.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 11:03:23 PM »
If there was interest, not from Suffix obviously ;-), we could start a MKDD records page.

Another thing you can try is to try to beat some of the speedrun records for any game.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 3/13/2005 9:05:01 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 11:07:53 PM »
Mß, I would be interested in that.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 03:58:02 PM »
I'd be interested also, but it was the Mario Kart 64 and Super Circuit time trials that I've spent the most time perfecting.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 04:34:11 PM »
Try to find glitches for your games. Do the glitches, see if they work. Once I've got everything I like the glithes better then the cheats.
I am Doc. Cann.E.Bol. I am a cannibal?! Huh! Who knew?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 05:18:03 PM »
Actually, I'd like an MK:DD time trials page. The problem that I had concerning the MK64 records is that I had been working on them for a long time without a specific goal. Luigison's SM64DS page really motivated me (but not in the minigames section).

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 11:43:58 PM »
Thanks, but we're trying to focus on more than just MK:DD here. Glitches seem hard to find out on your own.

-----------------------------
"Mrs. Techer! If we''re all created equal, then why is your desk bigger?"
-Bart Simpson (quate taken from a Simpsons valentine)

Print