Print

Author Topic: Did you Know...?  (Read 5689 times)

« on: December 25, 2000, 12:44:17 AM »
In SMB3 cartoons (translated to Spanish for Latin America)...

Bowser was called Koopa.
Toad was not called Toad... He was called Little Mushroom! yes! It´s true! It´s just one word in Spanish!

And... the best of all... the most confusing... the BIG one!

Princess Peach Toadstool was called... Princess Zelda!!
YES!
IT´S CRAZY!

p.s. : What´s the meaning of ´stool´? because toad is, you know, a frog (likely), but stool? It isn't in my Spanish-English dictionary! And, you know, Peach and Toad's surname is 'Toadstool'.
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2000, 08:24:18 AM »
Stool means both "doo-doo" and a chair sort of thing.  Toadstool is another word for mushroom, because toads supposedly use them as stools (not doo-doo).  Get it?
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2000, 12:37:21 PM »
THANKS! Thanks A LOT! Now I understand it all.

Talkin' 'bout names, I realized that peach is a fruit and it ALSO means... er... Well, a word wich I can translate, or exactly remember. Something about "being trapped". It´s like... you know, serves to atract an enemy.

Thanks!

p.s.: Is Goomba an English or a Japanese word?
Is "Para" like "fying" or somethin'? (you know, Koopa ParaTroopa, Para-Goomba).

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2000, 01:34:35 PM »
Well, in the U.S "Peach" is also slang for something a little racier. . .

I think goomba is slang meaning the same as thug or goon, which makes sense when you think about it.  Para (as in Para-troopa) is French (I think) for "flying" or "flight" or something similar.  Like PARAchute.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2000, 06:09:56 PM »
Again, thanks.

Couldn't find 'goon' on the dictionary.

Oh, in my last posting, I put CAN meaning CAN'T.
---------
Well, let's go back to our bussines.
'Bob-ombs' were not translated, but it means 'dumb-bombs' in Spanish (and I think that´s pretty close to what they are).

Does 'bobo' have any sense in English? (that's Burns' teddy bear name in The Simpsons)

Do all 'Mario names' have any sense in English? (except, of course, for Kuribo's Shoe and Tanooki).

Thank you anyway.
Merry X-mas.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2000, 06:22:17 PM »
Again, thanks.

Couldn't find 'goon' on the dictionary.

Oh, in my last posting, I put CAN meaning CAN'T.
---------
Well, let's go back to our bussines.
'Bob-ombs' were not translated, but it means 'dumb-bombs' in Spanish (and I think that´s pretty close to what they are).

Does 'bobo' have any sense in English? (that's Burns' teddy bear name in The Simpsons)

Do all 'Mario names' have any sense in English? (except, of course, for Kuribo's Shoe and Tanooki).

Thank you anyway.
Merry X-mas.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2000, 05:32:05 PM »
A lot of the Koopa names are unchanged Japanese, and some have meaning in English (or occasionally Latin), but most are just jibberish dreamt up by people at Nintendo of America that sounds neat phonetically but has no meaning in any language.  Bob-omb is the American name for the Japanese Bomhei, and it's set up to be like the name Bob and the English word bomb.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2000, 05:34:34 PM »
A lot of the Koopa names are unchanged Japanese, and some have meaning in English (or occasionally Latin), but most are just jibberish dreamt up by people at Nintendo of America that sounds neat phonetically but has no meaning in any language.  Bob-omb is the American name for the Japanese Bomhei, and it's set up to be like the name Bob and the English word bomb.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2000, 05:37:14 PM »

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2001, 02:29:10 AM »
Doesn't goomba mean Idiot or stupid- I mean,
there I.Q isn't even a .5!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2001, 10:43:04 AM »
My grandma is French and she said that Goomba means cute! Example: "Oh my little goomba!" That's what she told me...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2001, 06:44:38 PM »
Woo-hoo! My second topic!
Woo-hoo! I brought it back!

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2001, 07:42:33 PM »
My italian friend calls stupid people goombas.
Sig...
------------------------------
Small Console = Big Ballz

Link

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2001, 09:07:03 AM »
I think Peach came from Japan. I think there she was called Peach and here she was called Toadstool. When Yoshi's Safari came around, they decided to give Toadstool a first name and they chose Peach.

------------------------------
The Game Master.

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2001, 12:19:09 AM »
Wait...
Both Peach and Toad have the last name Toadstool...
...sooo....
That could (and likely does) mean they're related!?

*retch*

so, to recap:
Toad Toadstool is a Living Mushroom and not a frog, but yet is a toad.

Princess Peach Toadstool is a human (?) from the Mushroom Kingdom, also not a frog.

Mario Mario is an italian plumber living in Brooklyn, NY

Luigi Mario is Mario Mario's brother, also living in Brooklyn.

Yoshi has no last name. He is a dinosaur-like creature belonging to an intellegent or semi-intellegent race known as... Yoshis.

Goombas are goombas. Maybe some kind of deranged, psychotic mushroom or something.

King Bowser Koopa is a large turtle like creature who is larger than conventional Koopas, but has a spiked shell and has hair. Can speak english (and japanese too, I suppose), but when he plays sports, most of his speech is limited to a series or snarls and roars.

Koopa Troopas and ParaKoopas are a speecies of intellegent turtles that, after fifteen short years have learned to walk upright and build houses. Koopas typically have colored shells and no specific loyalties as a whole. Koopa names usually contain the letters 'Koo' or 'Ko' as the first 3 (or 2) letters; eg: Koover, Kooper, Koopa Koot, Kolorado.

Some Koopas train as either Ninjas, known as Ninjakoopas, in the art or magic and called Magikoopas, or as Bowser's elite guard called the Koopatrol.

Some Koops breeds grow to several times the normal koopa's size, in common are King Bowser Koopa and Kent C. Koopa. Their paratroopa equivalents go by two different names; Tub-O-Troopas (greeen shells) and Heavy Troopas (red shells).
*note* shell colors may have been reversed.

Is that correct?
-----

~Just another pisanno.

Edited by - Mauser on 8/30/2001 11:22:18 PM
 ~Just another pisanno.

Print