Print

Author Topic: Beware EA sports games  (Read 1829 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« on: September 20, 2005, 08:36:40 PM »
I just bought a used copy of Madden 2005.  I was shocked because the box said the game required 167 blocks of memory.  I figured, well, if I move some stuff aroung I can fit it onto my 251 card.  WRONG!  The 167 blocks of memory only store a single franchise file.  Other game files require additional ridiculous amounts of memory, and to fit everything for the game onto one card I would need to go out and buy 1019 card, which would offset the money I saved by buying a used, outdated title.  Here's waht pushed me over the edge: after reading the manual, I discovered that many of the game's unlockables can only be accessed my reaching a high level in an "EA Sports Bio", a file that keeps track of your accomplishments and gameplay hours on various EA Sports games.  So to get all the unlockables, I would have to rent/buy several other EA Sports titles.  It's not worth it!  The game isn't even that fun!  I was annoyed at having to rent Pikmin to get the last trophy is Super Smash Brothers Melee, one of my favorite games.  There's no way I'm going to rent a bunch of other titles to get everything in a single game I don't even like that much.  I bought it used and I'm selling it back.  BEWARE!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 03:59:20 PM »
Bummer. I've played a few EA sports games. They do kinda suck......

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 07:20:24 AM »
Now normally, most people would reply:

lol i hate ea cauz they suck and they suck and cuz they own evry snignle compny and stuf cuz they suck lol.

And, well, I agree with them. So there.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 09:21:06 AM »
Please tell me you actually played Pikmin instead of just renting it for the trophy.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 06:00:25 PM »
Yes of course I played Pikmin.  It was quite fun.  But I was still annoyed at having to rent it to get the last trophy.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 06:57:46 PM »
Yeah EA games are fun and all, but they take up wicked space...and time. In MLB 2004 or 05 or some year of that sort, you can play over 120 years of baseball, it's not literally 120 years but it would take like 10 years to finish anyway.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Print