Print

Author Topic: Pokemon, is it really as dumb as you think?  (Read 4497 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: June 02, 2000, 07:25:01 AM »
I thing the game Pokemon is not so bad. It's very addictive and sort of fun to kick the crap out of all those monsters! Even though this site is dedicated to Mario, I think that you should pay a little respect to Pokemon too, since they're the ones who made Nintendo and Game Boy so popular over the past few years!!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2000, 04:23:58 PM »
Oh yeah? well did you ever stop to think
about all the Nintendo greats that have
actually WORKED HARD to get where they are?
Mario, Luigi, DK, Fox, Samus, Link, Kirby...

Now, I will admit one thing: In Pokemon, they
should have at least had the guts to make
Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander the star
instead of using the show as a basis to put
Pikachu on top! Pokemon hasn't worked as hard
as the other characters, and combined, the
Mario, Zelda, DK, and StarFox games have made
more dough then Pikachu and his gang!

Remember, the mood is about to change....

He couldn't last for two darn
minutes before caving in! -Me.
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2000, 05:35:00 PM »
Why even bring it up? I mean this is a MARIO message board!!!! (Notice that came from the keyboard of the guy who posted a message just to be number 900) Pokemon and Mario are both awesome!!! I think in the Pokemon Credits, there is under Special Thanx, some sort of Mario club or sumthin (it may have ben somthin else, but I swear the word MARIO was in there!) And a Mario Cameo (Copycat's House -- Saffron City -- SNES -- "A game with MARIO with a Bucket on his head" or somethin -- Mario and Wario -- Japan Only)
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2000, 01:23:34 PM »
If you look in the credits, Shigeru Miyamoto helped. Enough said. And yes, Mario did make a cameo. I put that as a triva quiz on my PokEman site, and nobody got it right for like two months. I finaly put up the answers myself. It's good to see some people who stop to look at details.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2000, 02:45:29 PM »
I don't like most things about Pokemon, but I like playing the Game Boy game! The cards are sorta ok, but not really.

By the way...I would of gotten that Miyamoto question right. I noticed that too.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2000, 11:39:47 AM »
The Game Boy games are great, but I don't really like the cards and stuff all that much.  I HATE FREAKACHU!!!!  They should have made Mewtwo or somebody the mascot, darnit!

I'm the Flamin' Red Yoshi!
(no, that doesn't mean I flame people, it just means I'm a red Yoshi on fire!)
I'm the Flamin' Red Yoshi!
(no, that doesn't mean I flame people, it just means I'm a red Yoshi on fire!)

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2000, 02:00:33 PM »
I think Pokemon is great! lately, i'm doing everything thats related to Pokemon. but, Mario is a memory of fun, childhood.........
Mario for me is still in the first place. Pokemon is second.
Ori Porath

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2000, 09:25:39 PM »
I liked "Pokémon" before it became a "phenomenon."  When I was really in to it, about half the people you'd ask wouldn't know what "Pokémon" was, now that it's (over)popular, I don't like it so much.  It's still good, just "Metroid" or "Mega Turrican" good, not "Mario" good

I do get annoyed when people mispronounce "Pokémon."  I keep hearing people say it like "Pokëmon" or "Polka-Man."
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2000, 10:40:30 AM »
How about we stop insulting Pokemon for awhile. I'm sick of hearing everyone whining about Pokemon all the time. Be glad Nintendo didn't use, eck, Digimon instead. I mean, just thinking about Digimon makes me want to hurl.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2000, 08:19:35 PM »
Shigeru Miyamoto was the producer of the Red/Blue Pokemon game and helped the creator A LOT with the game. As a joke, the creator (Satoshi somethin`-or-other) named the bad guy (Gary in America) Shigeru. I`ve liked Pokemon since I read about it in my Nintendo Power three months before the show launcehed in America. Why does everyone say that Pokemon doesn`t work hard? The reason is because it`s new and hasn`t had enough time to. When the first few Mario games came out, he was doing as big as Pokemon is now and at that point in time, he didn`t work enough yet.
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2000, 06:07:20 PM »
Pokémon saved Mario, so they went and put that loser Pikachu in the game Super Smash Bros. I like pokémon, and If you haven't played the game, then you haven't got the right to say it sucks. Pokémon is a great hobbie for everyone from 3 years of age to 300.
Uh... Hi!

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2000, 07:49:15 PM »
I like pokemon every now and them. The cool thing about it is...well...I can actually sound like Jigglypuuff. Now, most of you are probably thinking who cares, or yeah right. Well, if you ever heard Jigglypuff sing, that's exactly what I sound like! I would show you, but that would be kind of hard because this is a computer, thing!
I like cheese!

Print