Print

Author Topic: The Metroid Series  (Read 14935 times)

Game Over

• Banned
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:45:34 AM »
Does anyone else here agree with me that Metroid games get really boring really fast?

I mean they are alright sometimes, and there are some people I know that say they like them, but while playing Metroid Prime at a friends house, I fell asleep at 4 in the afternoon, with a group of people around, and they were all talking pretty loud.

I don't know what everyone else thinks of the game, but if you can fall asleep while playing a game in that situation it has to be boring to somebody other than me...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:27:43 AM »
Yes, I think that enough Metroid Prime games have been made (*cough*Metroid Prime Pinball*cough*). I think that more games need to be made that take place after Metroid Fusion.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 11:09:11 AM »
I only hate the fact that they get really repetative, soo much backtracking. I hate backtracking.
"Get the power! Nintendo Power! Get the clues you can use! Nintendo Power!"

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 11:37:14 AM »
Playing Metroid with a group of friends is like playing Mario Party alone.  It's unnatural.  The strength of the Metroid series has always been in its single-player experience.  Metroid Prime is one of my favorite games, if not my single favorite game, of all time.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »
I've played Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2. I never beat the original Metroid, but I think it's really fun for a really difficult game. I have Fusion and Prime, and used to have Zero Mission and Prime 2, but I lost Zero Mission (someone may have stolen it) and I got really bored with Prime 2. It didn't draw me in like the first Metroid Prime game did, and the multiplayer was terrible. I might buy it back to give it another chance, though. Sadly, I have yet to play Metroid 2 and Super Metroid, but alot of people I know claim Metroid 2 is the best game in the series.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »
I got real bored with Zero Mission. It's sitting on my desk, collecting dust as we speak.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
I only like the original 2-D Metroid games. I'm usually not that Yoshi55-ish, but I was playing Metroid Prime multiplayer with my friend, and I thought what is this? I hated it.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 03:53:31 PM »
I agree. I think that, for at least one Revolution game, Metroid should be 2D. And just think - How awesome would that be?! You could control Samus' aim, fire and switch weapons with the remote thing, and move with the analog stick! It would rock even harder than a new Metroid Prime with the same control scheme.
every

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »
My brother and I had  MP 2, and the multi-player games......sucked.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 06:52:46 PM »
I like Metroid Prime, I have had some fun playing it so far.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 06:59:35 PM »
I like the original on the NES from 1986.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 07:02:39 PM »
Super Metroid(SNES) was very scary and freaky the first time I played it. The main reason was the music... *shivers* I kind of agree on Metroid games being repetitive, but it gets very exciting.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 07:04:55 PM »
The NES version will pwn any other Metroid game.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 08:01:03 PM »
Thankfully with the upcoming Revolution, we can all enjoy those classice games via backwards-compatibility! Downloading classic Nintendo games through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection will be awesome!

Anyways, I loved Metroid Prime. I only played a demo of it, and I thought it was sweet! I owned Metroid Fusion (the first Metroid game I played), and Metroid: Zero Mission. Both Fusion and Zero Mission were very hard, and the backtracking could get annoying. But the boss battles were spectacular!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 02:42:34 PM »
DISAGREE

Every single Metroid title released is top-quality and not boring. Every single one has been about the greatest title released on its respective system. I played Zero Mission about 15 times in a row, beating it once per day. A 2D Metroid on Revolution before Prime 3 would be a travesty, considering the controller's potential for FPS.

Metroid. Rocks. The House.

Print