Print

Author Topic: Sega - A traitor to their own company?  (Read 1858 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 10, 2001, 01:38:17 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa... this is getting really wierd. If Sega is switching to 3rd party games, then why are they still making Dreamcast games? Are they going to be making both Dreamcast AND 3rd party games?

I have always liked Sega for their courage to try something new... But as I have always said, I am a Nintendo fan, I have always been a Nintendo fan, and I will always be a Nintnedo fan! GO NINTENDO!

~Opens up a box of Super Mario Bros. Cereal- "Congratulations! You have just won a Sony PlayStation, courtesy of your friends at Nintendo!"
"Huh? Am I reading this right?"~
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2001, 04:16:29 PM »
The idea is, Sega has stopped producing consoles, and are now 100% dedicated to making their own games.

The whole third/first party concept is throwing you off a little. One part of the Sega company makes consoles and another part of Sega makes games. It is only because they're working under the same company that Sega is considered a first party company, when in fact they're quite different sections.

I s'pose you could say that Sega is becoming a third party developer for their old console, as well as other consoles ^_^

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2001, 05:28:22 AM »
Oh, so it's kind of link how Nintendo liscenses their characters to 3rd party developers... In order to make games like Mario Party or Pokemon Stadium 1...

~Opens up a box of Super Mario Bros. Cereal- "Congratulations! You have just won a Sony PlayStation, courtesy of your friends at Nintendo!"
"Huh? Am I reading this right?"~
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2001, 10:32:56 PM »
There were no Nintendo characters in Pokemon Stadium!

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

Print