Print

Author Topic: Playstation recommendation  (Read 5374 times)

« on: August 13, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »
I just got a Playstation from my friend when he came back from Florida.  He "aquired" it from his uncle down in Florida, so there are only a few games, most of which are Tomb Raiders.  I want to know what other games I should add to the collection.  So far I only have
  • Tony Hawks Pro Skater
  • Tomb Raider 1, 2, and Last Revelation
  • Dead in the Water, some boat racing game kinda like Hydro Thunder, though not as good.
  • Army Men Air Attack 2
Note that I want any games you think I should get, in any genre.  Thanks
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:26:26 PM »
- We <3 Katamari
- Guitar Hero
- DDR Extreme 2
- EyeToy Play 2
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 04:22:05 PM »
Is it a PS2 or a PS1? Regardless, I suggest the Crash series, Spyro series, FIanl Fansies VII through X, all of Capcom's fighting games, any Mega Man games (X or Legends), the Kingdom Hearts series and  the Ape Escape series.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »
Oops, sorry, but I got a PS1, not a PS2.  Should have put that in there.

Oh, and I was never a huge fan of the Crash games, though I think I will get at least one of the Spyro games, those were really good, I thought.  The others I haven't really played too much, so I'll take a look.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »
METAL GEAR SOLID
Get it, you won't regret it at all.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 08:51:16 PM »
I'd suggest the very first Spyro if you haven't played it.  The later ones weren't very good to me.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 09:14:32 PM »
Yeah, the first Spyro is the one I was thinking of getting.  I liked the other ones, though after the second game, they kinda got blended together in my mind.  Now I just need to find these games...guess that's what I get for waiting more than a decade to get a system.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 09:16:35 PM »
Darkstalkers 1 or 3. I heard they're extremely hard to find though but if you find do not pass it up. They're both great but underrated fighting games by Capcom.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 09:39:55 PM »
Castlevania Symphony of the night is really good.
Try Mega Man Legends too. Ape Escape isn't bad either. Of course Metal Gear Solid is [IMO] The 2nd best game ever. Blood Omen: Legacy of kain is a cool game, but it has really REALLY hard puzzles. Resident Evil is really hard to control, but worth checking out. Spyro 1-3 and Crash 1-3 are also great games. Tekken 3 is decent too, as is Final Fantasy VII. Still you won't regret getting Metal Gear Solid. It's a must play for everyone that owns a PS1.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 10:26:42 PM by solidmushroom »

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 12:20:40 AM »
- Dead or Alive 2
- Crash Bandicoot: Crash Twinsanity
- Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
- Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 12:00:03 PM »
Resident Evil 2. You can play as a giant Tofu in a hat!
every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »
 RPG Department:

-Valkyrie Profile
-Xenogears
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Vagrant Story
-Breath of Fire III / IV
-Suikoden
-Suikoden II
-Dragon Warrior VII
-Star Ocean: The Second Story
-Final Fantasy Origins

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 11:42:22 PM »
... and Final Fantasy IX!

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 05:15:46 PM »
I would definitely recommend both Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics, I would also recommend Star Ocean 2.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 10:08:43 AM »
Without a doubt I'd recommend Thrill Kill if it had been released, becuase it involved, and I quote...someone, "lewd acts with a midget on stilts".

But I'd also recommend Ultimate Doom, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Bug! (don't really know why), Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy Tactics and Grand Theft Auto, as well as its add-on, GTA: London 1969.
every

Print