Poll

Yes or no?

Yes
3 (33.3%)
No
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Print

Author Topic: Rayman Raving Rabbids  (Read 7983 times)

« on: August 13, 2006, 09:50:33 PM »
Do any of you plan on get this Wii exclusive game?

From what I've read about the game and from screenshots that I've seen this game is going to be hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 12:49:09 PM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 09:51:08 PM »
I've never seen it, can I get some links please?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »
Yes. Rayman 2 and 3 were awesome.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »
I'm not sure if I am going to buy it.  I've never been more than a passing fan of the Rayman games.

Also, it's not exclusive to the Wii; it's coming to the X-Box/360, PS2 and PC as well.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 10:21:02 PM »
Yes it is exclusive to the Wii!!I just read an article about in my Nintendo Power magazine!

Michel Ancel(Rayman's creator)said so himself that Rayman:RR is Wii exclusive.This game is taking advantage of the Wii remote.

It's not coming out for any console except the Wii.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/821/821585/imgs_1.html

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 10:39:44 PM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 10:22:32 PM »
I pre-ordered it today.  I traded in several games I didn't realy like or need.  I got $20 for Nintendogs Lab.  Since I'm getting the Best Friends Edition I don't need Lab anymore.  I also traded in all my Pokemon videos, Tetris GBA (I have Tetris DS), and a few other things for a total of $70.00 credit.  I put $5 on all of the following except TLoZ:TP which was already ordered.

Wii:
- Rayman Raving Rabbits

GCN:
- Star Wars Trilogy
- Super Paper Mario
- Zelda Twilight Princess (ordered about a year ago, but plan to switch to Wii)

DS:
- Mario Basket Ball
- Mario Vs. DK 2
- Pokemon Recue Team Blue
- Yoshi's Island 2
- Zelda Phantom Hourglass

GBA:
- Pokemon Recue Team Red

I'm not sure if I'll get all of those.  I've still got forty-something in credit and $5 per game that I don't end up getting when Wii overshadows them. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the Rayman series, but I own Rayman advance. It was pretty fun. I wasn't very interested in this game at first, but after reading an article about in Nintendo power, I'm convinced it will be a solid title. The Rabbids are probably the coolest Rayman enemies ever.

Yes it is exclusive to the Wii!!

Actually, I beleive The game will be available for all current-gen systems as well as all next-gen systems. But the Creators are focusing alot of their attention on the wii version of the game, due to the innovative controller. This supports the theory that Ubisoft loves the Wii.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 05:32:44 AM »
Apparently the Wii version will be released first, followed by the others sometime later.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 03:14:37 PM »
Is it Rabbids or Rabbits?

Anyway, I like how the last NP had little black/white rabbid rabbits on so many pages.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »
I believe it's Rabbids. It's a nice pun on the words "Rabbit" and "Rapid". Well, I think it's a pun on those words...

Oh, and I noticed the Rabbits (or Rabbids) on the pages, too. This months contest in NP should have been that if you can find all the Rabbids hidden in the magazene, a copy of the game would be reserved for you and would be delivered to you as soon as it comes out.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 05:10:05 PM »
I thought Rabbid was a pun on Rabid.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »
I have never really had any interest in the Rayman series though I may actually try this game as sort of a more light-hearted vacation from the all the specifics and details of Twilight Princess.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 06:37:32 PM »
Rayman having rabbids is just plain wrong.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 06:50:50 PM »
Rayman having rabbids is just plain wrong.

Explain, please.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
None needed
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print