Print

Author Topic: South Park offensive to gamers?  (Read 15097 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »
Has South Park ever made an episode that pokes fun of Barry Bonds and steroids yet? If they ever did that (or just any player in general, maybe Sosa/McGwire/Canseco) I'd have to watch it.

I do know they made an anti-Paris Hilton one a few years back. I haven't seen many of these at all but I did see the Paris Hilton one and it was sort of funny. I can't stand Paris Hilton and don't even think she's that cute, so it was right up my alley.

I do know this much about South Park: it is meant to offend people but you're supposed to take it lightly. I see it as slightly satirical. And I doubt South Park will ever run out of people to offend. News happens all the time so there will always be some group that can be parodied/made fun of on South Park.

Just imagine if South Park was around during World War II. But then again, they already have made fun of Adolf Hitler in the show.

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »
People actually get offended by South Park?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 01:42:40 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty offensive.

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »
Yeah, but seriously, it's just a cartoon at the end of the day.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »
I love South Park, and yes, it's supposed to be offensive, but usually in the light-hearted sense.  I love Pokemon, and because of that, Chinpokomon is one of my favorite episodes of all time.  I don't normally get easily offended.  When I act offended, people know I'm just laughing with them.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 03:08:30 PM »
Has South Park ever made an episode that pokes fun of Barry Bonds and steroids yet? If they ever did that (or just any player in general, maybe Sosa/McGwire/Canseco) I'd have to watch it.
IIRC, they did do an episode like that. It was called "Up the Down Steroid".

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »
I never really considered South Park offensive in the terms of say people. Toilet humor, it can get offensive. (Garrison's gender change)

The only offensive people there are just Cartman and Garrsion to a degree. Everyone else are friendly and kind.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 05:53:36 PM »
I think it was funny, I wasn't offended at all.  I think people should learn to laugh at themselves once in awhile.  Plus it was only for fun, the creators of Suoth Park (and people elsewhere) know that not all gamers are like that.  It's just fun with stereotypes is what it is, nothing more.
I only watch [adult swim]

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 11:36:26 PM »
I just found that episode of SP with the steroids. It was so funny! Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Jason Giambi showed up to present the award to Jimmy after he took roids! It was great, although I think Bonds should have been a little bigger.

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 02:03:53 AM »
The only offensive people there are just Cartman and Garrsion to a degree. Everyone else are friendly and kind.

Actually, Kenny is about as offensive- if not more offensive- than Cartman. It's lucky that his lines are muffled...

Seriously, he's actually quite perverted. For all those that have watched the show, have you noticed that Kyle, Stan and Cartman ask Kenny what a word means when they've never heard before? =O
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
I really enjoy South Park, and I'm never offended by it. Seriously, if you're uptight about two guys having fun at no-one's expense, you need to lighten up. I especially love how South Park is entertaining to everyone, since it does have toilet humor (which is why a lot of people hate it), but it also has a lot of very clever humor in it. I think that if they gave it a chance, everyone would like South Park, if even one episode.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:08:14 PM by solidmushroom »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 02:56:03 PM »
Not everyone.  My dad has seen it and the only episode he really likes is the Wallmart one.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 05:53:17 PM »
No, see, for people like me the "toilet humor" renders it un-entertaining.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
So you let a few poop jokes ruin the entire show for you?

That's as sad as people who refuse to watch Drawn Together because of a few racial jokes.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:50 PM »
As I understand it, Drawn Together is full of horribly sick stuff. Which would make me not want to watch it either.

I have more important things to do than sit and watch TV that has pretty much no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
That was a joke.

Print