Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391594 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #615 on: November 21, 2008, 09:10:19 AM »
I thought Wii Music was just a noisemaker with no real goal to the game, giving an impossibility for one being bad at it.

« Reply #616 on: November 21, 2008, 11:38:11 AM »
I assume that is a joke, but I will respond to it anyway.  I think it's important for one to know his or her own weaknesses.  That way one can A) improve on such tasks or B) concentrate on tasks that he/she are good at. 

I also do not like the term sub-human.  It implies that either some humans are less than human or that animals, plants, etc. are less than human.  Even though birds can't think like a human, most of them can fly.  I'd love to be able to fly.  My cat has to let me know to open the door, but he can flat-footed jump at least seven feet.  I'd love to be able to jump that high.  Most plants can't even move on their own, but it's be cool to be able to get energy from sunlight. 

Most animals are not sub-human, but merely different evolutionary branches.  Chimps and modern apes are our cousins.  They are not below or before use. 

My daughter sucks at most games.  Does that make her sub-human?

Anyway, I was told on NeoGAF about being able to press the negative button on the Wiimote to pull up a scroll similar to many modern music games, but haven't tried it yet.  Also, the Wiimote seemed to work fine in Wii Music, but my attached nunchuk did nothing.  Maybe I should have added an option:  4) I need to spank my nunchuk.

Woah, man! This isn't the political discussion forum! Besides, I think you took ShadowBrain way too seriously. If you assumed that it was a joke, why didn't you just treat it as that and not resort to writing this long post about evolutionary branches and how we shouldn't treat animals as less then ourselves?

Oh, and just for the record, Wii Music is easily one of the worst first party nintendo games ever.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:39:54 AM by Zarkanthesmasher »
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #617 on: November 21, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »
Z, because I wanted to, and it's "than", not "then". 

MSM, it scores your performances.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #618 on: November 21, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »
Z, because I wanted to, and it's "than", not "then". 

1. That's the point - there was no reason for you to rant about using the term "sub-human," especially since it distracts from the actual reason for the topic.

2. To some degree, correcting people's minor grammar and spelling errors is a way of calling someone "sub-human." By posting that I used the wrong word in one spot, you're basically saying what amounts to "Look, you spelled a word wrong, and I corrected it, so you must not be nearly as smart as me!"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #619 on: November 21, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »
Well that's about the most farfetched argument I've seen here.
That was a joke.

« Reply #620 on: November 21, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »
What's your problem with Crackdown, the greatest game about jumping since SMB.
I think it's coming to XBLA pretty soon.    \:D/
Mirror's Edge demo comes out Friday.
Space Invaders: The Original Game (Note: Not the original game)
Quadruple post, FTW.

« Reply #621 on: November 22, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »
Well that's about the most farfetched argument I've seen here.

Dismissing an argument without even giving a reason only shows that you can't really prove it wrong, Chupperson.

Seriously though, I'm getting really sick of this forum. I suppose I'm just used to message boards where the moderators actually were a step above making sarcastic and demeaning comments in every other post. In fact, it seems like those are the only two kinds of posts people make here - nobody actually tries to respect people and their opinions.

Forget it - I'm not coming back here again. At least this isn't the only forum where you can talk about mario and video games - if it was, then that would be a serious problem.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #622 on: November 22, 2008, 11:25:04 AM »
Geez, that was a bit much...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #623 on: November 22, 2008, 01:54:53 PM »
Dismissing an argument without even giving a reason only shows that you can't really prove it wrong, Chupperson.

He didn't? He said it was far-fetched. That's a reason.

Seriously though, I'm getting really sick of this forum. I suppose I'm just used to message boards where the moderators actually were a step above making sarcastic and demeaning comments in every other post.

Don't confuse Luigison with me. He's usually just the guy who always has the answers--I'm the one who tells you your answers always suck.

Good bye, and good luck. Dork.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2008, 07:44:25 PM »
Prince of Persia and Banjo-Kazooie. Yum!

Note the Headphones On track is free.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #625 on: December 01, 2008, 08:18:44 PM »
I have a feeling that my brother is going to beg and plead for my parents to get him RE: Chain of Memories for Christmas (or buy it himself with Christmas money). I really couldn't care less, since I have the original game and I can always just borrow the remake from my cousin if I want to play it. I still like the card system, though, and I'm glad they didn't try to find a way to get rid of it.

Those last three songs on the Rock Band list this week seem like odd additions to the game.

I like the concept of Space Invaders Get Even. For those who don't know, it's sort of a Space Invaders RTS where you control the Invaders and destroy cities.

What's with all the cooking software lately? New Cooking Mama games, Personal Trainer, and now Happy Cooking...

Singstar ABBA has the potential to be a great gag gift.

« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
Those last three songs on the Rock Band list this week seem like odd additions to the game.
Odder than this?

Singstar ABBA has the potential to be a great gag gift.
Why you gotta be hatin' on ABBA?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #627 on: December 01, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »
Odder than this?
No, but still.
Why you gotta be hatin' on ABBA?
I never said anything about not liking them - I enjoy ABBA's music and would likely enjoy this version of the game. However, there are people out there who don't like the group. People with PS2s and/or PS3s.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2008, 08:16:50 AM »
What's with all the cooking software lately? New Cooking Mama games, Personal Trainer, and now Happy Cooking...
Nintendo saw someone besides themselves make a successful casual game so they made one similar to it. Then someone else saw Nintendo do something and... well, we all know what happens after that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »
KH:R:CoM is out today!  Hopefully it's in my PS2 before the day is out.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print