Print

Author Topic: It's Eon 8 all over again!  (Read 3638 times)

« on: December 26, 2006, 11:37:43 AM »
What is this "Vanishing Point"?
Vanishing Point
It's getting very strange. I've found some normally unaccessable links to other files on that server:

Biography
File
Zenith
Antepenultimate

It's Eon 8 all over again. Does anybody know what this means...?
Also, here's an image that randomly started appearing on websites:

Does anybody know what this means?

P.S.: Am I thinking the counter ends on 2:30 AM GMT on January 8th?
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »
Here's my theory: This "game" is being run by Microsoft. The narrator says on the biography that he has a job with "a certain large corporation." Microsoft fits this description. The zenith talks about "Something and Everything" and "What Is and What Can Be." This suggests the changes between Windows XP and Vista. Further confirming this is the line, "Fewer than a thousand people have ever been there to see the ultimate vista." I think this "ultimate vista" is Vista and the thousand people are the people who have copies of it. The clencher is Antepenultimate, which says that if you "win" the "game," you could receive "high-end laptops, gaming computers, media centers, software, gaming consoles, media players, and games." These are all things with which Microsoft is associated.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 12:48:24 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 12:44:54 PM »
Way more than a thousand people have Vista.
That said, it's too cheezy to be anything real.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »
Neowin.net is working on it. Topic
Also, another clue? After some searching, I found a key. After entering, it gives you the following message:
"January 8th, 6:30PM, Bellagio Fountains"

After some more searching, I have found these:
1. Bellagio Fountians - Located in Las Vages, Nevada.
2. Bill Gates will be in Las Vages that day.
3. CES will be there on January 8th.

Also, a video clue? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xqiqNn1RIM

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 03:34:14 PM »
Way more than a thousand people have Vista.
That said, it's too cheezy to be anything real.

However, fewer people have Vista Ultimate.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 07:16:27 PM »
However, fewer people have Vista Ultimate.

Uhhh... no. Every prototype copy ever realeased was Vista Ultimate.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »
Quote from: MaxVance
This suggests the changes between Windows XP and Vista.

Shoot, I got my XP just last year :(.

But a thought occurs: could this website be referring to Windows Vienna, the OS that will supposedly "Change the way we interact with computers"? The site says stuff like, ?The vanishing point is the boundary between Something and Everything; between What Is and What Can Be? and, ?The race for that destiny will begin when the countdown hits zero.? implying that whatever this is, it?s gonna be big; just like Vienna is aiming to be. The earliest Vienna is (supposedly) going to be released is 2009, so if Bill Gates does release the big guns about Vienna at CES ?07, it won?t be too early.

If it is about the transition from XP to Vista, than I think this advertising campaign is unnecessarily complicated. Wouldn?t it be funny if Apple made fun of this ?Vanishing Point? campaign in one of their PC vs. Mac ads?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 10:12:30 AM »
Quote from: creamhackered
I received my box this morning and my laptop is due to be delivered today so I'll update you if there's any message in there. The box was v.easy to open but it's a neat little box  Had the usual txt file, wmv movie and cipher key 4.

From what I hear most people in the blogosphere and attending CES are receiving these boxes.

Regarding the laptops, this was organised by Microsoft and AMD and sent out to important communities and bloggers to review Vista and Acer laptops. Communities could decide from Acer Ferrari 1000, 5000 and a media center machine. Look out for a lot of reviews and as soon as I recieve my unit I'll be reviewing it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 12:48:42 PM »
Well, the CES date seems like a fairly obvious clue. I wonder if it's actually a Microsoft site or some random person's site just to make people freak out?
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 04:53:15 PM »
If this helps any, I just checked "Vanishing point," on wikipedia. By definition, a vanishing point is the point in a perspective drawing where parallel lines converge, such as a picture or drawing of a road. This drawing shows a drawing of a road and a man pointing to the vanishing point.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »
Obviously, this is pointing to the end of the competition between Microsoft and Apple as they merge to collaborate on a new OS, which will be based upon Vienna and whatever Apple's next unreleased operating system might be (what comes after ten?).

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 06:37:20 PM »
Obviously, this is pointing to the end of the competition between Microsoft and Apple as they merge to collaborate on a new OS, which will be based upon Vienna and whatever Apple's next unreleased operating system might be (what comes after ten?).

Microsoft and Apple are not, and never will, work on a new OS together.
As for Apple's next OS, it's probably OS 11 or something.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 08:37:22 PM »
I think Apple's next OS is called Leopard (mentioned in the TIME magazine I was reading today).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 10:15:44 PM »
Yes, it's Leopard, or 10.5. And remember that Eclipsed Moon isn't meant to be taken seriously.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print