Poll

Are they?

Totes
10 (76.9%)
Nope
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Print

Author Topic: Are Mario and Peach actually in a relationship?  (Read 5317 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »
From a French interview with Miyamoto:

Mouloud : How do you explain Mario never succeeds getting a girlfrield ? It looks like premonitory, I feel like I'm Mario sometimes, it never works, he is always so much close to get it but…

Shigeru : (laughs) About this, I think this is common to Mario, you and me (laughs again)

Mouloud : we don't get girls ! (laughs too)

Shigeru : If Mario married with the princess, this would be the end of his adventures.
I love this translator so much, by the way.

The way Miyamoto answered that question seems to imply that they're not even dating. However, it's worth noting that Miyamoto himself is married with two kids, so the "this is common to Mario, you and me ... we don't get girls" part is suspect.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »
Until something in the games signifies otherwise, I for one will assume that they're still an item.

(laughs)
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:06:02 AM »
I don't think he's in a position to "for serious" put them together. The Mario games have never been about that sort of thing. I mean she's kissed him before but that's as far as Miyamoto will allow their perceived relationship (if you can call it that) to go.

Also, has Peach ever told Mario that she loved him? I really don't know.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
That one scene in Paper Mario's prologue seems pretty lovey-dovey to me.

(laughs)
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
That scene immediately came to mind. But I don't recall her ever saying "I love you," just that she "liked being with him" or something.

Mario=foreverfriendzone.jpg
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 10:42:06 PM »
I know Nintendo wants to keep Mario and Peach's relationship open for speculation, so it's one of those things that will likely remain mainly fanon.
In all of my Mario fan works, Mario and Peach are an item.  I even gave them a kid back in my fandumb days.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 08:21:44 AM »
They're an item in the Mickey & Minnie sense; they court one another all the time but never go further then that.

Print