Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Collection Special Pack coming to Japan  (Read 12961 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »
Sadly, that's probably indeed the case.  I miss the Super Mario Deluxe/Advance-style remakes badly.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
They weren't kidding about Nintendo being quick to pull it from pre-order sources, though: It's nowhere to be found on Amazon.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 01:37:22 PM »
Soundtrack sounds neat, but there's no other legitimate reason to buy this.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
That and if you don't already own a SNES, I suppose.  But yeah, were it to come out here, I'd probably buy it anyways.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
I'd definitely buy it even if I do own a SNES.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »
Yay Mario!
But it bothers me how they always leave out the Yoshi's Island games and the Mario RPGs.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
*Mariorgasms*

But it bothers me how they always leave out the Yoshi's Island games and the Mario RPGs.

The RPGs and the YI games aren't part of the core series, so wanting them to be included would be no different than demanding the Party or Kart games to be added in.

Interesting how the video contains no SMAS footage...
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »
But the Yoshi's Island games and the Mario RPGs are still full-fledged Mario adventures with stories, characters, level progression, and final bosses.  It doesn't make sense to me to just cluster them with spin-offs like Mario Kart and Mario Party.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »
From a business perspective, they're unique and elaborate enough to justify a separate, wallet-milking release... hypothetically.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 01:24:55 AM »
Yoshi's Island is definitely a main-series game. Yoshi's Story isn't as much. The RPGs are really too big games of their own to be included in collections.
At any rate, all they're doing here is porting SMAS to the Wii to get some money.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 08:38:21 AM »
Interesting how the video contains no SMAS footage...

Yes, and they included SMW. I wonder if that means this'll be SMAS+SMW..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »
That was my first assumption, seeing as that was in that special Japanese version that came out later.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 12:19:29 PM »
Yes, and they included SMW. I wonder if that means this'll be SMAS+SMW..?
The official site says no: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/svmj/index.html

That was my first assumption, seeing as that was in that special Japanese version that came out later.
SMAS+SMW only came out in the US and Europe.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 01:58:25 PM »
That's... news to me. Ironic!

Print