Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG: Gamecube Controller?  (Read 17463 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:32:46 PM »
if you every see your own toddler trip over a cord and do a face plant with the floor you might see a downside. 

That is exactly why I use the Wiimote and attachments whenever possible. Once the twins and baby #3 are of walking age, I fear they will trip on my cords.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
Same here. I have no Wavebird. To me wireless controllers are pointless. I heard from several people that you can use two candles instead a of a Wiimote sensor bar becasue of the infrared signal is picked up via the candles.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »
How would the candles send input from the controllers to the game, though?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »
The sensor bar sends no data; it's just a row of infrared lights that lets the controller know where it's pointing. All sensing and data transmission is handled by the remote.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »
That still wouldn't make the Wiimote not wireless, though.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
CE7, please explain.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »
I don't actually know what we're talking about anymore. I'm confused.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
nensondubois's non sequitur about sensor bars veered this thread into mass confusion.

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:24 PM »
Candles!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 09:49:57 PM »
True, but I was trying to get my head around the double negative in CE7's sentence as it related it to the current discussion.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »
That still wouldn't make the Wiimote not wireless, though.

Same here... If it wouldn't make it not wireless, then it wouldn't not make it wireless, and thus it would make it wireless... I think.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »
A recap:

Weegee: Wireless controllers are wasteful.
Luigison: Wireless controllers save children.
Toad: I have several children, so this is of interest to me.
Nenson: I agree. Wireless controllers are pointless. You can use candles instead.
CrossEyed7: But even with the candles, the Wiimote is still wireless.
Luigison: Third base.

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 10:51:37 PM »
Wait; Who's on first?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 12:05:21 AM »
I like how nenson said that the infrared signal is picked up via the candles. I suppose that's not logically incorrect, since by way of the candles, the wiimote is getting location information via infrared detection.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 12:14:52 AM »
I tried Google Images for an effective "third base" image, but none of the pictures I got seemed relevant.

Print