Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG Virtual Console..Big glitch??  (Read 7569 times)

« on: August 05, 2009, 11:40:06 PM »
Toadstool has just joined us and I'm told to go the Frogfucious. When I see him he says the same old thing about missing Mallow. Its like I haven't done something yet. I've looked through some walkthroughs and can't find anything wrong with what I'm doing.  Played this on the SNES a long time ago and I don't remember this. Can someone please help?

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 11:42:04 PM »
Go to the shop in the Mushroom Kingdom
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »
Wow, it's like CrossEyed's post made not one week before now was prophetic...

Also, toward the beginning of the game, there will be two times when you leave the Mushroom Kingdom with your new party member (the same one both times) to go on to another area. Make sure to visit the item store before leaving both times, especially the second. If you're paying close attention to the dialogue, you'll know there's a plot device you need to pick up there. If you miss it, you'll be very confused much later on in the game (but you won't be permanently stuck or anything; just go back to the Mushroom Kingdom item store if you're at a point about halfway through the game where you can't go on). A surprisingly large portion of people completely forget this.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 08:17:26 AM »
Defeating Bowyer without the Froggie Stick is really difficult.

Good job on doing that!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
Sorry I read the other thread and figured it out. Should've done that first. Its been years since I played it so I'm still rusty.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:03:06 PM »
First time around I made it past Bowyer without the Froggie Stick. Then I eventually got the stick, found out how weak it was now, and realized I should have had it long ago. Looks like I was right that Mallow's physical attack wasn't supposed to be completely useless for this long, just didn't know what to do.

I think I beat the game without the Lazy Shell first time around too. Granted, it was after everybody was at their level cap.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »
I beat it with the lazy Shell the first time and I think the second time as well. It would be impossible to beat the game with a Froggie stick!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »
It would be impossible to beat the game with a Froggie stick!
Well, I'd just use the regular attacks of the other two allies and make Mallow stick to magic, which he was far more useful at. Sure it's possible to beat the game with the Froggie stick... in your possession, letting it rot from lack of use.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »
I've never tried beating Bowyer without a froggie stick but I have beaten the game on level 21 with the ultra hammer as Mario's weapon.

I've played through SMRPG four times and have relegated Mallow to backup duty after getting Bowser each time. I also have sat Geno in favor of Peach each time since I like the Mario and Bowser attack and value Peach's magic, especially the group hug and come back.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 09:02:11 PM »
I once did a magic-only run where I never ended up using Bowser or Peach at all. That was pretty fun. Only hangup is Bundt, who you have to use physicals on. Also, you have to plan stuff out kinda carefully at the beginning.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 09:20:41 PM »
SMRPG could quite possibly be my all-time favourite game if not for its sore lack of post-playability (that is, major objectives to enjoy after "defeating" Smithy). This summer I completed the entire game within two sittings, or approximately a day and a half... albeit with substantial aid from the EXP Booster, but still.

By the way, I can't recall ever having fought Bowyer with the Froggie Stick to date.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:29:26 AM »
I'm confused. Why would you need to do things after beating the final boss? Granted I would like it if more games let you save post-end and just let you sandbox around, but I've never felt that with SMRPG.
That was a joke.

Print