Print

Author Topic: You Rage (or Lose Faith in Humanity), You Lose  (Read 211671 times)

« Reply #450 on: June 25, 2013, 05:19:49 PM »
Deal With It

« Reply #451 on: June 25, 2013, 07:58:59 PM »
That's an obvious ruse.
Relics.

« Reply #452 on: June 26, 2013, 01:17:30 AM »
Probably of little or no consequence to anyone else in this thread (unless you're Australian), but;

Julia Gillard Calls Labor Leadership Spill

This will be the third Labor leadership ballot since the 2010 federal election.

The news is filled with the petty squabblings of these people who are supposedly running our country, who in three years haven't managed to sort out their internal differences. We see Rudd (the ex-leader of the party, ousted by current leader Gillard) doing tours to try and gain the trust and popular vote of the Australian people and undermining our Prime Minister. It's pretty safe to assume the Labor party will lose the election, which wouldn't be a bad thing except the other party is being run by a backwards-thinking misogynist who seems hell-bent on sending Australia back to the dark ages.

I'm normally not much of a political thinker, but this really grinds my gears. Not to mention I have to vote for one of these parties, come September.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #453 on: June 26, 2013, 08:57:09 AM »
Why do you have to choose? Doesn't Australia have 3rd party cadidates?
Now with grandeur.

« Reply #454 on: June 27, 2013, 02:00:45 AM »
The alternate parties generally are too narrow-focused to be a viable option. There's a third party called the Palmer United Party that seem to be mainly signing up sporting stars, which is good for a laugh but frankly I don't want them running my country...

Oh well, everything's happened and they've got over their little parliamentary hissy-fit by the looks of it. Rage averted. (mostly)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:03:18 AM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2013, 02:12:08 PM »
I almost raged when this was one of the first results I got from googling the "#ProudToLove" thing going on today, but then I saw that dumb*** calling for "civil war" and I got that amazing reassuring feeling.

(If I'm doing too many posts like this in this thread, feel free to tell me to stop)
Relics.

« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »
I lost. I understand being Christian and having your beliefs, but that simply pushes it too far. They are so insensitive that what started as a simple discussion of faith turns into hate slurs.
Now with grandeur.

« Reply #457 on: June 28, 2013, 08:25:47 PM »
I feel like Free Republic is just a troll forum liberals visit to play strawman.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #458 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »
That's because the content is so idiotic that they make fun of themselves by posting that material.
Now with grandeur.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #459 on: June 28, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »
????????

« Reply #460 on: June 28, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
They mock themselves by being so stupid, basically.
Now with grandeur.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #461 on: June 28, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »
He's here till Thursday! Try the veal!

you guys i am laughing so much right now
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »

Again,

??????????????????

« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2013, 01:28:27 AM »

So what you're saying is that the content that they post, parodying republicans, is so stupid they have accidentally parodied themselves.

Or maybe what they're posting isn't a parody of republicans, but a parody of anti-republican rhetoric.

Hang on a second. Let me make a chart and try to make that sentence mean something:

There we go. That almost makes a thought.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:30:38 AM by Godot »
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2013, 02:21:01 AM »
For Pete's sake KoopaTrooper, I was implying that Free Republic users are actually liberals pretending to be conservatives and intentionally posting stupid [dukar] to make actual conservatives look bad. Mostly because the content is laughably stupid yet the tone in which it's presented seems lighthearted and satirical to me.

How about those of us who are Christian put on our gospel boots and, our good Lord and the Father willing, do some kicking of Satan's rear end. "Punk" them back, so to speak, yet in a way that shows them God's love.

You can't tell me that doesn't sound like satire.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:31:56 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print