Print

Author Topic: I think it's about time ... we saw each other.  (Read 633389 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #825 on: February 12, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »
FYI, bobman37, it's Ultramix not Ultimate.

Pffffffft. Ultramix is horrible, so it can slide.

I highly recommend playing DDR if you haven't yet. Ya, you may not be good at all when you start, but if you play enough times, you'll get good enough to play the harder stepcharts. I mean, I went from failing some ITG 7s to passing a 12 in about 6 months. You improve faster than you'd think.
~I.S.~

« Reply #826 on: February 12, 2006, 08:32:22 PM »
Oh, great. A work-out. ;D

« Reply #827 on: February 12, 2006, 08:39:08 PM »
It really is a workout =)

Khold: I don't think you can rent DDR, because if you can, you'd have to rent pads too, and in that case, you might as well just buy it. You won't regret it.

MaxVance: That must mean you don't have a home console, because there's DDR:Ultramix for Xbox, DDR:MAX for PS2 and DDR:Mario Mix for Gamecube.

LD: Sorry. I have brain farts like that sometimes. Especially when I mix up yellow and orange. Or maybe I'm just dyslexic... which wouldn't help my DDR skills at all.

IS: I beg to differ. I am perfectly content with DDR:Ultramix... the only sucky thing are these pads. They don't always register right when you step on them, but I have huge feet anyway and sometimes I'm already stepping on it and I don't know it.

« Reply #828 on: February 12, 2006, 08:43:08 PM »
Yeah, MaxVance already told us he didn't have any consoles. Remember? He told us in AC:WW not too long ago.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #829 on: February 12, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »
I don't know. I can't recall how many times I've been playing an Ultramix exclusive song and thought to myself "Hey, I can make a MUCH better simfile than this." And I've always had problems with jumps registering on Ultramix that I've never had problems with on any other mix. And I really don't like the songs, to be honest... there's really maybe one artist exclusive to Ultramix that I kind of like. Although, it does have Drop Out, which is perhaps my favorite DDR song/stepchart (That said, though, Ultramix rates Drop Out Heavy an 8. DROP OUT HEAVY IS NOT AN 8! How is My Summer Love a 9 but not Drop Out?).

Ahem. My apologies. That said, if you have an XBox, not a PS2, it's still a lot better than nothing.
~I.S.~

« Reply #830 on: February 12, 2006, 09:18:53 PM »
Khold: No, I don't remember.

IS: Instead of thinking "Hey, I can make a MUCH better simfile than this," I normally think something along the lines of "Hey, why the crap did I only get a max combo of 98?" or "Hey, I really shouldn't have eaten that hero sandwich ten minutes before going Max 300 on Heavy."

« Reply #831 on: February 13, 2006, 01:50:04 AM »
Ultramix sucks. Ultramix 3 is the BOMB-DIGGITY.

Hey, if Witch Doctor can get an 8, Drop Out can get an 8. *shrug*

bobman37, do you really do Max 300 on Heavy?

« Reply #832 on: February 13, 2006, 10:34:34 AM »
Don't mind my asking but ru a girl?
I see poop.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #833 on: February 13, 2006, 01:41:34 PM »
The person whose party it was in that photo did Max 300 Heavy after taking about 8-10 shots of hard liquor and managed an A, then fell over and almost passed out.
As for me, I can pass just about every DDR song but PSMO (290 bpm crossover runs = INSTANT FAIL).

I can't remember the last time I had a Max Combo of 98 on Ultramix. By contrast, I had a 3,492 max combo on ITG once.
~I.S.~

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #834 on: February 13, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »
Don't mind my asking but ru a girl?

Who, Lizard Dude? He's not a girl.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:53:17 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #835 on: February 13, 2006, 06:32:31 PM »
I might put up some more pics of me if I can find the camera. >:(
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #836 on: February 13, 2006, 07:44:38 PM »
bobman37, do you really do Max 300 on Heavy?

...No. It was just an example. I hang around levels 7-8 on Standard, or lower levels on Heavy.

I can't remember the last time I had a Max Combo of 98 on Ultramix. By contrast, I had a 3,492 max combo on ITG once.

The best combo I've gotten is however many steps there are in Dive, I think on Standard level in either DDR Ultramix 1 or 2 (I can't remember). I think it's something like 220. But only a AA =( I have yet to AAA a song. I haven't played in a while, though.

« Reply #837 on: February 13, 2006, 07:49:40 PM »
Ah, DDR. I used to be pretty into those games, but then, I started getting a bit more serious with my band, and I just kind of stopped. However, I think those games are still great. I can't recall my highest combo...
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #838 on: February 13, 2006, 07:58:12 PM »
My best Heavy score, PA-wise, is 5 greats on Un Deux Trois (7-foot). Two in the slowdown, bah. I'm not that good at PA/FA, although I can AA most 8s and below and several of the 9s.
In ITG, I posted a pic of this somewhere, my best score is 96.50%, on Disconnected -Hyper- Hard (9 difficulty), 68 excellents 9 greats. I have passed one 12, Tell, but I only got 61.47% on it.
~I.S.~

« Reply #839 on: February 16, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »
I meant the one who started this thread.
I see poop.

Print