Print

Author Topic: I think it's about time ... we saw each other.  (Read 629810 times)

« Reply #1830 on: September 14, 2008, 01:28:13 PM »
You look like you eat turtles!

And you sound like an inconsiderate jerk who judges other people based on their looks. If you don't have anything nice to say about someone's appearance, don't say anything at all.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:37:03 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1831 on: September 14, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »
Hey, you are what you eat. Jk, you do not look like a turtle.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #1832 on: September 14, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »
True, and we shouldn't judge people on their appearances. When I was younger, everyone made fun of me because I had a fat face and a skinny body. I honestly can't stand it when someone like nensondubois makes fun of someone based on their appearance.

Forgive me for being so serious, but this is something that I'm angry about because I was verbally tortured as a kid by teasing peers and bullies.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:02:56 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #1833 on: September 14, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »
And you sound like an inconsiderate jerk who judges other people based on their looks. If you don't have anything nice to say about someone's appearance, don't say anything at all.

lol.I was kidding.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #1834 on: September 14, 2008, 04:45:33 PM »
You could've fooled me. You basically said "You're fat" and then turned around and said "I'm just kidding." It wasn't that funny and it was pretty rude.

It was uncalled for. That's like me going up to a kid in school, punching him and then 5 minutes later say "It was just a joke." Yeah, words aren't as harsh as a punch, but they can hurt pretty bad (trust me, I know), especially if you make fun of a guy for his appearance (btw, I think Turtlekid looks fine).

There are other ways to be funny, man. Making fun of someone's appearance and then claiming it was all in good fun isn't really one of them; although, I suppose if you were really good friends with Turtlekid, he might have thought it was funny.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:42:51 PM by PaperLuigi »

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1835 on: September 14, 2008, 08:50:52 PM »
I can't hear this "serious" discussion, because I have bananas in my ears.

No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1836 on: September 14, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
It would appear you are not eating properly.

Well, I'm not necessarily going to stick up for nensondubois, but I will say that if he had said that in real life with the intended inflection, it probably wouldnt've been as controversial. Smilies aside, the muteness of message board conversations is their greatest downside.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1837 on: September 14, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »
You look like you eat bananas!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #1838 on: September 14, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »

I have that freakin' shirt.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #1839 on: September 14, 2008, 09:40:56 PM »
It would appear you are not eating properly.

Well, I'm not necessarily going to stick up for nensondubois, but I will say that if he had said that in real life with the intended inflection, it probably wouldnt've been as controversial. Smilies aside, the muteness of message board conversations is their greatest downside.

True, the muteness of the boards might make someone sound rude towards another member, even when it wasn't intended. I guess I should just let it go, but I still don't think he made the right choice when he said that Turtlekid looked like he "ate turtles." Whatever.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1840 on: September 14, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
The joke had to do with his name. I saw nothing offensive with what nensondubois said.

You look like you eat bananas!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1841 on: September 14, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1842 on: September 14, 2008, 10:23:07 PM »
And once again, Bird Person masters the art of perfection.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1843 on: September 15, 2008, 10:54:23 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #1844 on: September 15, 2008, 11:58:29 AM »
The old Sonic cartoon always made me hungry for chili dogs.
Ditto used Machop!

Print