Print

Author Topic: What would make the best Mario non-platformer game?  (Read 4785 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: July 14, 2005, 02:33:46 PM »
Post your ideas for non-platformer Mario games here. Please, no platformer suggestions (i.e., "A Mario game where you run on platforms and jump on enemies) and no existing games (i.e., Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, etc.).
every

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 07:45:53 PM »
Do you mean in terms of different formats, like RPGs and the like?  In that case, I'd honestly really like to see a Super Mario fighter.  Now, I know alot of people would say that Smash Bros was a Mario fighter, but I mean a game uses strictly Nintendo characters and has the full range of movement around the arena like Tekken and so forth.  Can you imagine how awesome that would be?  I also want to note that the term fighter doesn't automatically mean "Mortal Kombat" and twenty gallons of blood spewing all over the arena in spontaneous intervals.  I was thinking more along the lines of something like Soul Calibur.  If you've ever played Soul Calibur II for Gamecube and used Link then you've got to know where I'm coming from ^_^.  Just imagine it, having Mario go up against Prince Peasley or something.  Mario armed with his hammer, Peasley with his sword, and the crashes and clangs as their weapons clash and perry one another.  Oh, and they should also only make it if they have a good storyline involved.  If it's just a fighter for the sake of having the characters beat the snot out of one another, then forget it.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 02:45:43 AM »
OK, then... I'd probably make a game like Sonic Battle (Not SA2:Battle), except with Mario characters. I'm making something similar with RPG Maker, except with sword-weilding heroes, such as Link, Sora and Luke Skywalker.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:48:27 AM »
Actually, I was thinking along the lines of a puzzle game or even an MMORPG. Oh, and if I like a suggestion enough, I might actually make a game based on your idea.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 04:25:14 PM »
Oh, well in that case a MMOG might actually be a good idea.  Being able to form a traveling party consisting of various races from the Mariovese would be pretty fun ^_^.  I had intended to make a Super Mario D&D conversion a while ago, but I never got around to it.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 05:13:02 PM »
I still think Nintendo will make the best of any kind of Mario game.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »
Nintendo makes the ONLY kind of Mario game.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 06:29:09 PM »
Don't forget, fans also make fangames like Mario Moto and Super Mario War.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 06:34:01 PM »
There's also Ultimate Mario Bros. by CashCrazed.

-------------------------------------
"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 06:40:21 PM »
MMOG where you each control a character like Mario, Luigi, Bowser ect. and there can be more than one Mario (retro, regular, fire, cape). You can level up your characters but have to belong to one group. Computer based

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 07:47:03 PM »
When you think about it, Nintendo has been making no platformer games and just remakes of old games and all other genres like racing, tennis, party, dancing, soccer, baseball...

“I’m wearing my anti-gravity pants!” –NE89

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 10:48:53 PM »
Yep, cause we all know Ninty couldn't take time out of thier busy schedule to create a new platformer called say, New Super Mario Bros. I mean the DS has the potential to create a great new Mario platformer, but alas it doesn't look like any new platformer is coming soon.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 11:15:33 PM »
"If Super Mario 128 is real, I hope it's for the Gamecube."

"Well it is, really, SM128."

“I’m wearing my anti-gravity pants!” –NE89

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 11:35:13 PM »
Mario should be in a game where he should fix leaks and unclog toilets in houses.

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 01:07:03 PM »
how about "Mario Bowling"?This idea has been on my mind for the past 5 years.

riiiigggghhhhtttt...
I see poop.

Print