Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1696107 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8070 on: April 27, 2014, 09:00:16 AM »
It sounds like your laptop issues could be due to bad connections with the keyboard.  Here are some guides that might help:  http://repair4laptop.org/notebook.html

Even if you end up getting a new PC taking apart the old laptop might be fun. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8071 on: April 27, 2014, 09:04:33 AM »
Maybe get one of those $10 USB keyboards and plug it in.

« Reply #8072 on: April 27, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »
This girl liked me (and she only knew me for like a week when she told me) and I tried to convince myself that I liked her so I would know what it feels like to love someone who loves me again. Sometimes I was really convinced that I had feelings for her. Other times, I was more convinced that pursuing her was just me trying to get outta loneliness. Yesterday, I decided it was the latter (and the relationship wouldn't have worked out anyways; I mean, distance is hard enough [most of my friends I interact with through the internet] but due to her schedule and stuff I interacted with her at most like twenty to thirty minutes a day), and I told her that I wanted to be friends with her and that she should (and easily can) find someone better than me.

Now I feel horrible about it, though. I understand there were multiple factors leading to the conclusion that the relationship would have been a horrible idea (Partially motivated by loneliness, distance + scheduling, very sudden and outta nowhere) had I decided to fully date her instead of just doing that weird kinda-sorta dating thing that most couples do shortly before they date each other (Y'know, with the flirting and teasing all the time for a couple days or so), but she's a pretty cool person and I feel like she didn't deserve to have her heart broken like that. I feel like I can't complain about loneliness if I'm going to ruin it for the girls that like me.
Relics.

« Reply #8073 on: May 07, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »
How did she take it?

Dad applied for a job in an 8000-person town in southern Ontario, roughly six hours away. There's a good chance he'll get it. Unless my mom and I are really against it, we're moving to the middle of nowhere. Not that I have any real-life friends I'll be leaving behind, but it's still scary. I don't really want to move, but my reasons are so petty and emotional that it seems selfish to object.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #8074 on: May 07, 2014, 07:52:50 PM »
She didn't want to talk to me for a while, but I think she's okay.
Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8075 on: May 09, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
Community got canceled. For real.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8076 on: May 15, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »
Someone who I had actual, genuine feelings for who liked me just told me that she doesn't think it's a good idea for us to date, because she isn't sure she wants me as much as she thought, and she doesn't want to break up with me after dating me. (I know the commas aren't really correct, but they're there for readability.)

It's been two god[darn] years since I've been in an actual relationship. On top of all this, I'm failing geometry (With not much time to get my grade back up), and I have a very difficult major state-issued English test tomorrow. I'd like to ****ing catch a break once, you know?
Relics.

« Reply #8077 on: May 15, 2014, 08:07:37 PM »
It's been two god[darn] years since I've been in an actual relationship.

When I was 16, most of my classmates weren't in relationships. And as for myself...

Don't fret too much over high-school romance and get studyin'.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8078 on: May 15, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
I'm 22, and my only two real girlfriends dumped me over the phone during vacation because they realized they only liked me as a friend (2012) and were too emotionally immature to sustain a relationship before moving to New York (2013), respectively. It's not a matter of men and women -- it's just a matter of young people entering adulthood with all the social grace of a dog with a box on his head charging into a crowd (not to say thirty-something always have it together in the relationship game, though).

Your results may vary, but this song's always helped me keep things in perspective.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8079 on: May 16, 2014, 02:37:14 PM »
Dude don't sweat it, relationships in high school don't last anyway. That "I married my high school sweetheart" bullcrap typically only happens if someone gets knocked up. And practically no one at that age really knows what they want in a partner. Just be patient.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8080 on: May 16, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »
Brian, that song is severely lacking in any mention of "hoes and tricks".

« Reply #8081 on: June 16, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
Spotted a few grey hairs on both sides of my head today. Plucked one out, white from root to tip.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8082 on: June 16, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
Your current avatar just screams "my face when."  Literally.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8083 on: June 16, 2014, 06:25:38 PM »
Weegee's avatar is literally screaming. It's blowing out my speakers.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #8084 on: June 16, 2014, 07:13:10 PM »
Your current avatar just screams "my face when."  Literally.

Complete with said hairs.

A-at leasy my mom said grey hair looks distinguished.

Print