Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232784 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »

See, combos in MOTHER 3 are scored by hitting the A button to the beat of the music, and you can score up to 16 hits. They aren't necessary as the first hit deals the most significant damage (especially if you get a "SMAAAASH!") and the later ones slowly descend to one point, but that little extra bit can be helpful. If you're bad at rhythm games like I am, you can put the enemy to sleep and a p-thunk, p-thunk, p-thunk will be heard over the beats you would hit. It's supposedly the enemy's heartbeat. But... plenty of MOTHER 3 enemies are robots or things that shouldn't have heartbeats.

Incidentally, the Zombie Dog's battle music (titled Fate or Seriousness or possibly both) is one of my favorite songs in MOTHER 3. But the beat is so hard. I'll never get it.

You should make a webcomic, BP.
Webcomics, I don't know. I could technically be making one, since I only publish them on the Internet... but "webcomic" suggests some regularity to the comics' creation, usually "Mondays and Fridays and it says Wednesdays but you never actually get a new one on Wednesdays." I just make them whenever I feel like it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
You wouldn't have to publish it regularly.  Whenever I feel like it is whenever I draw anything, and even then I don't usually draw anything out of sheer laziness.  In that sense, you're more committed than I am. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »
Thats true. I use a deadline on my fan fic just because if I didn't, it most likely wouldn't be updated when I was doing it myself.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »

Things to know: In EarthBound, it wasn't PK Fire, PK Thunder, etc. It was PSI Fire, PSI Thunder, etc. I personally prefer "PK" for the "titles" of each move, with "PSI" referring to the powers as a whole. Ness's favorite thing is named at the beginning of the game, and the default name is Rockin'. PSI Rockin' is Ness's signature move. His only other offensive move is PSI Flash.

Also... this is kind of how it would be if I were in the mindset of "webcomics." I rushed it because the Starmen.Net fan comic section updates on weekends, usually (...I think) and I wanted it to be in the update immediately after the news about the DSi. I can't be the only one who had this idea, after all. Also, white backgrounds! Though that sort of goes with modern Nintendo advertising--this is what Nintendo commercials would be like if EarthBound were three times as popular as Pokémon ever was and Nintendo went completely insane in the most literal sense.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 12:37:58 AM »
I can't be the only one who had this idea, after all.
I don't know about that one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 12:43:20 AM »
The idea of DSi/PSI, I mean.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »
He should have tried DSi Lifeup.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 01:26:09 AM »

It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 05:05:14 AM »
The most frightening thing about that image is the way the Ultimate Chimera's right eye seems to have shifted to the top of its head.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
Yeah. I really mutilated him.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »
Mutilating the Ultimate Chimera in artwork would be very satisfying for me, because I sure as heck can't do it in Brawl.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 06:44:19 AM »
in the DSI one, Ness looks quite crazed in the last panel..
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 04:45:26 AM »
I had it in mind to make Ness as un-Ness-like as possible. Ness is generally calm and quiet. This robot or alien impostor is loud and excitable.

A Mario comic! Whoooooaaaaaaa!! This is actually an updated version of a comic I drew in my ancient tome of a Spanish-English dictionary I've owned since I started Spanish I, and it just used generic faceless stick figures and buildings. It was also poorly written, with an alien shouting "MATEN!" as he destroyed a building in the final panel. That doesn't mean "DIE!" It means "KILL!" The original title was "Why Spanish Will Be Important," but I love "Uneducated Guess." I'd say it's okay for an idea a freshman in high school came up with. Those crazy, awkward kids.

I suppose I should translate the second panel for those who do not know any Spanish. "Hello, people with torsos! We are the Shroobs! We come in peace!"
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 08:24:20 AM »
The color effects in the last panel were particularly weird. How did you make it?

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »
M&L:PiT comic! Thats nice. I look forward to the next comic. I have a question: the signature in the bottom left of the last panel in the bottom right says 54m, what does that mean?

Print