Print

Author Topic: Anyone here making a Mario computer game?  (Read 34835 times)

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2003, 04:29:16 PM »
I thought I toned down the speed. It doesn't run fast on my computer anymore.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2003, 06:03:31 PM »
It' cool, but like CW says, it's SUPER FAST!
It's kinda cool, though, Mario jumps like really fast!
 n/a

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2003, 08:12:20 PM »
Hiya, this is a pretty interesting thread you have going here!

I'm new to this forum, but I've been playing around with game development software my whole life. You can check out a lot of work I've done at http://tatsusoft.bubblebobble.com

There I have a lot of PC games with Mario references, and on the "graveyard" site there are some unfinished games that didn't come out too well, but someone may get a kick out of em.

But what I've really come to post about is a game I've been working on for years, making all graphics, sound, music and the engine myself. I posted about it in the "Need Mario voice" thread, but I might as well link you to it here as well.

It's not quite finished yet, and it's not technically available for download on my page, but you can get it at http://tatsusoft.bubblebobble.com/smashed

The game follows the story of Martinio and Loogie, two drunken plumbers without a clue. As of now Story Mode is finished and most challenge levels work, but I'm currently working on VS modes and extra features.

It's a pretty hefty download but I would like it some of you here could play it and tell me what you think!

I do happen to have an early concept screenshot uploaded, so if you want a quick preview of the style of this game, just go here: http://tatsusoft.bubblebobble.com/smashed.jpg

Have-a fun!

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2003, 08:14:51 PM »
Ah, sorry. That link to download the game is

http://tatsusoft.bubblebobble.com/smashed.zip

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2003, 08:49:34 PM »
Dang, it said it would take about 2 hours to download.

--> Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢ Now Only ß49.99 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2003, 09:25:47 PM »
I just heard there's a retro-remake contest at the DarkBasic site. You think Ultimate Mario Bros stands much of a chance?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2003, 09:51:55 PM »
I don't know. But I do know that I can do this:

Heheheh, CashCrazed...

I fear the monkey in your soul.

That was a joke.

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2003, 10:10:23 PM »
*is speechless*

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2003, 01:41:15 PM »
Well, I've gone and done it now. My game can play online. Except for one small problem.................Now it pokes along at 2 FPS! First it's too slow, then it's too fast, now it's too slow AGAIN! Can't I ever get it right?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2003, 02:38:31 PM »
Well, at least its still FPS and not SPF... right?
Anyway, good show on getting it to work online.

(I'm always surprised when I see this topic surfacing after the longest of times...)

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2003, 03:52:21 PM »
about the topic i make games for a hobby
but i havent made a mario game ya no
(*_*)

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2003, 07:02:26 PM »
I'll need a master server if I want any players to find each other. I wonder if SMBHQ'll do it......................

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2003, 04:52:53 PM »
Hey, why don't we Netplay right now? That would be coooooool.

Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2003, 02:46:19 PM »
Internet play seems to work. I tested it with someone from my other board. But there's a problem with my IP. I can only join games, not host them, on TCP/IP because of router difficulties.

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2003, 06:26:37 PM »
Had to revive this thread AGAIN, because now I need some decent backgrounds for the game. I don't know where to start looking though. But right now my AI is as good as it's ever going to get without full rebuilding.

I started that project way back before I even knew about SMA. Then right after I finished the basic engine, I found some screenshots of SMA Mario Bros. My jaw hit the floor. They did most everything I was planning to do with my game(Picking up people was supposed to be MY new idea)! It had it all, a decent four-player battle mode(actually I would've kept my game at 2 players if they didn't give me the idea of having 4), great backgrounds and music, decent graphics and gameplay, EVERYTHING! It made my game look like crap(still does today)!

I'll still never be able to beat out the SMA remake. Not even with new moves and suits, COM opponents, an adventure mode, and Internet play! But at least here you can play with 4 people on one PC instead of four linked GBAs(although you're very likely to all get crunched around the keyboard and have it turn into a shoving contest)!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 6/17/2003 5:28:37 PM

Print