Print

Author Topic: GameCube VS. PS2  (Read 5412 times)

« on: April 14, 2003, 04:00:57 PM »
My friend and I had an arogument of which console was better: GameCube and PS2. I on GameCube's side, my friend on the PS2's side. He says that PS2 has better graphics than GameCube because PS2 is bigger.And it is better beacause it has more rated T for teen games and GameCube has mostly rated E for everyone games. I'm just wondering what you would people would have said.

Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 04:28:56 PM »
Go to "PS3 will fail..."

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 05:05:44 PM »
 While, I won't debate it here as well, I suggest you take the advice found in your own signature.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 05:47:54 PM »
True.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 06:02:58 PM »
I love Nintendo and all, but I have to say PS2 is way better.

It''s ah me Marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 06:31:35 PM »
Refer to "PS3 will fail".

Marioguy why do you say PS2 is better?

I don't think this debate will ever end because people have different preference for their ideal system, therefore they prefer certain system.  Me, I prefer games with great play control and replay ability like the Mario serious, so I prefer Nintendo consoles and don't own any others.  Although I did have a Gamegear before the Gameboy Color came out, but Nintendo is all about the games and has never been that far ahead on the hardware.  Rant ends here.

------------------------------

"I believe that with this game you''''ll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

- Shigeru Miyamoto on Super Mario 128
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 11:28:39 PM »
If you're talking about graphics or loading time, GCN is definitely better than PS2. The rest is up to opinion.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 05:58:16 AM »
"Nintendo is all about the games and has never been that far ahead on the hardware."
- Luigison

I agree. Nintendo isn't really interested in outperforming their competitors with advanced hardware (...unlike Microsoft...). They just care about the games!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2003, 05:41:53 PM »
Oh yeah, and my friens also said that "GameCube only plays games and that's it, itm can't play DVD's ." Well I takethe word of someone who said this, can't remember who it was though: " If I wanna video game system, I'll go buy one. If I wanna DVD player, I'll go buy a DVD player. If I want a CD player I'll go buy one." He also said in video game shows they only review PS2 and X-Box. And he also says that GameCube can't play on the net, and it can. I told him it did but he doesn't believe me. P.S. I'm on your side Luigison. Oh yeah now I really want you to pay attension to my sig.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 10:52:54 PM »
Gamecube wins against a PS2 anyday!
The real competition is GC vs XBox!

Wasn't that Wendy Koopa's sig?

Im all screwed up.No,my life hasnt gone wrong,i''ve just held a screw attack item for more than 30 seconds!

Edited by - Pink King Boo on 4/15/2003 9:54:17 PM
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 06:24:19 AM »
Oh, I believe I was the one who said that, metalmallow. Well in different words, to that respect, but it had the same point.

GAMECUBE FOREVER!!! WOOOOOOOO! (okay, sorry)  :)

--------------------
Wise people speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 06:31:27 PM »
I don't know if it was Wendy Koopa's sig, my friend just told it to me as a dis so I made a sig out of it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 09:18:11 PM »
It was indeed Wendy Koopa's sig.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2003, 04:43:55 PM »
I like GC better, but PS2 is alright.  I mean, they have Squaresoft.  Games like Final Fantasy Series, Breath of Fire 3, 4 and 5, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Cross, etc. has deemed Sony not to suck, as well as the Mega Man X series, Sly Cooper, and GTA.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2003, 11:29:26 PM »
Mega Man X (the GOOD MMX games- X, X2, X3) is on SNES, and GBA if you include Mega Man Zero.
Sure, Square makes stuff for Sony right now, but they're making stuff for Nintendo now.
That was a joke.

Print