Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. movie DVD coming to the UK  (Read 23076 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 08, 2007, 04:29:12 PM »
Great news for our UK readers: Metrodome will release the Super Mario Bros. movie DVD there on March 5th! This is the first ever DVD release for the movie in the UK. Unfortunately, we are told there will be no special features.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 04:35:19 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »
I didn't like that movie at all. I don't think it's worthy of having the name "Super Mario Bros." anywhere on it. It was just so off from the games. I know that it's a movie and the old Mario games didn't have much of a plot, but I think they could have done better.
Snifit 1: "Booster, Sir. There is a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake."

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:54:49 PM »
This movie is disgusting and it makes Mario look very bad.As far as I'm concerned,that..that..ABOMINATION does not exist.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 04:57:39 PM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:59:03 PM »
I'd like to know what kind of mushrooms the producers of that movie were eating.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 05:27:29 PM »
I'd like to know what kind of mushrooms the producers of that movie were eating.

Definitely not the good ones that Mario and the crew of the Bebop were eating.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »
AARGH
WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THIS MOVIE?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 06:18:02 PM »
Because, quite frankly, it's terrible. I think the only way it could have been worse would be if Uwe Boll directed a remake...*shudders*

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »
Even if DiC made one based on their cartoon, an animated Mario movie would've been much better.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:55:10 PM »
I didn't like it that much, but it had its upsides, I must admit.

Are there any people here from the UK, btw? I can't think of any off the top of my head...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 04:29:34 PM »
"The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach" really needs to be dubbed! (as long as it's kept away from DiC and 4Kids)  I mean why should the Japanese alone get such an awesome animated feature while the rest of us get tortured by this live-action piece of crap?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 06:12:49 PM »
I really loved this movie just because it had Mario in it. I thought it was funny and awesome, just like the cover says it is.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 07:49:16 PM »
I liked the movie a lot, partly because I really love movies that fit in the category of "cheesy, and good, but not great".  Also everything that isn't EXACTLY LIKE THE GAME is sure to upset a bunch of people who pretty much fit my description of an average FFer (and boy was I right!)

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 01:52:56 AM »
I have a funny story about this thread that I'll tell you guys later.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
I don't mind if there are a few things that aren't exactly like the game as long as the producers don't go overboard.  The SMB movie went overboard by turning Toad and Bowser into humans, and...

This...

...is a Goomba.

This...

...is just wrong.

Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 02:10:53 PM »
Jeez, can't you people take a little bit of personification in their movies? A SMB movie that stayed true to the plot would be awful boring, just watching Mario jump, throw fireballs, swim, eat, steal money, go through pipes, and die would be awfully boring. Just enjoy the movie for what it is: a cheese-fest with some entertainment value.

Print