Print

Author Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games announced for Wii and DS  (Read 30279 times)

« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
I am pleased Waluigi made it to this game. I'd hate to see him replaced by a koopa.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2007, 08:08:31 PM »
Well, at least there isn't a certain fat feline in sight...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »
I'm disappointed by the lack of Donkey Kong. He's already snubbed in the Mario Party games, he shouldn't get left out of this one.

Hopefully, he's included as a secret character, but then again, that would mean we might end up getting Big as his counterpart.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it, Mighty and Fang are no longer canonical and therefore won't be appearing any time soon. It would be a foolish decision not to put Shadow in, though, as he is the 2nd most popular character behind Sonic, and Blaze is probably not unpopular as well. Still, Daisy as a Speed type seems like a strange decision, as does Vector's appearance in the game at all.

Still, Vector's appearance shows that the Chaotix are growing in their roles as playables, which imo is good to see.

I don't see how not being used much anymore makes a character "no longer canonical". The official Sonic Channel hosted this character poll last year and Mighty proved to be pretty popular. You never can tell with Sega. Heck, it was enough of a miracle that the Chaotix made it into Sonic Heroes.

I'm disappointed by the lack of Donkey Kong. He's already snubbed in the Mario Party games, he shouldn't get left out of this one.

Hopefully, he's included as a secret character, but then again, that would mean we might end up getting Big as his counterpart.

Maybe Sega wants to represent the core Mario franchise and not other franchises that remain tied to it in some way.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »
I had known of the new characters for a while, Also, anyone notice the title? Mario comes before Sonic, wonder If Sega had any complaints.

I bet.

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2007, 03:50:35 PM »
I don't see how not being used much anymore makes a character "no longer canonical". The official Sonic Channel hosted this character poll last year and Mighty proved to be pretty popular. You never can tell with Sega. Heck, it was enough of a miracle that the Chaotix made it into Sonic Heroes.

It's generally assumed that the pre-Sonic Adventure games are set in Mobius, whereas the post-Sonic Adventure are on Earth, so, unless there was a drastic event responsible (a giant Chaos Control, for example, like on Sonic X), all games before Sonic Adventure and all games including and after it should be considered two different storylines. Therefore, if they are two different storylines, and the older storyline is no longer being followed and also non-canonical, then all unique characters from that storyline, such as Mighty, Bean, Bark, Sally, Ray, Fang, Antoine, Sally, etc. are non-canonical.

And now, to contradict my entire post, I do wish some of the older characters could come back; it's just that I think they won't, and they wouldn't have the same history and maybe not even the same character if they did.

EDIT: Never mind me, I'm stupid. x_X
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:01:35 AM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2007, 04:13:03 PM »
Two seperate storylines? Where did that notion come from? The whole "transported to Earth" thing is from Sonic X, which nobody likes, and Mobius is only referred to in the cartoons and comics. Therefore, Sonic games have always been set on Earth. A crazy Earth, but still Earth nonetheless.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2007, 04:40:55 PM »
The Chef is right. Most of the original sonic games werent, though.

Print