Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario released in USA  (Read 17967 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »
Beat the game. I will not disclose any spoilers. Awesome ending. Though the biggest plot twist was progressively given pretty heavily that you knew it quite early (probably not before the end of world 5? That's when you learn the big plot twist of The Thousand-Year Door...), wow. More plot twists. Excellent game overall, but I stand by my statement, that TTYD was the better game... though SPM's ending was the better one. Buy Super Paper Mario, you won't be sorry.
See, why are the "main" Mario platformers not as excellent as the RPGs, huh? The Paper Mario series puts Super Mario Sunshine to SHAME, man! Perfect level of humor: enough jokes anyone can understand and enough you'll laugh at after some time in school (and playing Mario's classics). The best storylines: do I really need to go over the monstrosity of a plot SMSu had yet again? Best depictions of characters: I'll take go-getter, helpful Peach over "Mama Peach? I'm your mama?" Peach any day. What else do I need to say... no, I think I have it all covered at this point.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »
Well, it's possible that that all could be disproved when SMG is released.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »
Man, do I hope so. Of course, platformers should have simpler plots than RPGs (or SHOULD they), but that doesn't mean it can't still be good.
Maybe I care too much. SMSu was still fun...
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 08:19:36 AM »
BP, you beat this game, in four days, the most if you got it at launch, but you gobbled this game up, man, I'd take my time, and explore all areas completely, bet you rushed on it, didn't you?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 01:29:22 PM »
Are you using comma splices on purpose?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »
Wow, four days. I myself, I've never played a Mario platformer all the way through. Sad, I know. But I liked the RPG's! I wonder if SPM is as funny as TTYD because TTYD was hilarious!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 01:54:19 PM »
I can't stop it. When I'm playing I'm like... One more level. Oh what happens next, I must know. WOW that's so awesome I've... another level...!
I'm ALWAYS this way when it's a very very good game--I won't stop playing until I'm exhausted or until I have to eat, and I won't give up. I've pretty much given up on Wario: Master of Disguise just because it's boring and the controls are so picky. Mmmm... I don't regret playing it so quickly, really. It's like reading a good book... in fact, I'm exactly the same with good books as I am with good games.
And about thoroughly exploring the levels... yeah, I don't catch many sidequests until post-final boss. Same with Zelda games. I get too caught up in the main quest to go astray and don't get a quiver any bigger than the first one until after beating it.
Peach: It is. World 7 is the funniest, I think.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 05:21:05 PM »
Are you using comma splices on purpose?

Are you working for Warp Rattler? If not, who are you and what have you done with PL?!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 08:13:03 PM »
Defending your excessive use of comma splices is useless, as it's something that has no right to be defended.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2007, 08:23:16 PM »
I wasn't defending anything, just that PL is getting addicted to correcting people, it's starting to get on my nerves.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2007, 09:23:31 PM »
Yeah, I hired PaperLuigi to correct you for me while I was busy having a life.

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2007, 10:53:21 PM »
And I want my 500 dollars.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2007, 09:24:45 AM »
Guys, come on, there, seriously, really isn't any need, for pointless, arguing, such as this, since, we're all good, supportive friends, aren't we, guys?

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 12:31:43 PM »
I have a chip in my head that burns whenever someone uses comma splices. And right now, I'm in a huge amount of pain.

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007, 01:36:52 PM »
I beat the game last night. It was awesome. However, my least favorite part was when you had to say key in "please" over and over.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:39:23 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

Print