Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario released in USA  (Read 18002 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
I'm at World 7-4, and how the h311 am I supposed to know how to get Piccolo and treasure maps without reading GameFaqs, or something?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
I can't tell if that was a serious question... Well, simply talk to Merlee in her place at Flopside, but directly (not from across the table). The rest picks up from there. Dunno about the maps... didn't know there were maps ;-_-
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »
What's wrong with GameFAQS?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »
Nothing's wrong with GameFAQS...

It's just that there's a lot of things you can do in the game but you are never given the slightest indictation where there are, how to do them, or if it's even possible (Tiptron, the Whacka and Treasure Maps come to mind). Now, I know HOW to find Piccolo and did, and I think that MAYBE I would have accidentally tried that out (talking to the fortune-teller) at some point, but I just beat the game, and I have yet to recieve any info that would lead me towards the conclusion that you have to give Francis in Chapter 3-4 999 coins for Tiptron (I only figured that out by going online... I'll try it later).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2007, 02:19:34 PM »
I guess you're supposed to figure that out by exploring areas of the game that you haven't checked or want to see again to see what's changed after beating it. Also, I beat SPM a few days ago, and I can say that I didn't use any walkthroughs for it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »
http://wii.nintendo.com/site/spm/  This is exactly the sort of thing I hate about SPM.  Twenty seconds to "draw" a screen.  I'm bored.  The platforming is really cool, but I feel like a cheat going to 3D to pass something.  It's still a really good game, just not a triple-A title in my opinion. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
I see your reasoning that the "drawing" scenes may take a while, but then again they're not that frequent to make me hate them. Besides, if you thought that those small parts were boring, then it's a miracle how you got past all the dialogue without rapidly tapping through it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »
Maybe hate was too strong a word, but you're right.  I tap the button to speed the text up.  I want it all on the screen so I can read it then click to get the next screen, not have to wait (will the text types) to finish reading dialog.  I haven't finished the game (been enamored with Excite Truck), but so far it's not as funny as Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.  Maybe I wouldn't feel as rushed in SPM if it weren't for the platforming (I play 2D platformers while holding "b" to run) or the fact that I've been playing Excite Truck and drinking Monster Khaos so much. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2007, 05:17:43 PM »
There are clues within the game for all three of those things.
For Piccolo, you can get a tip from the bartender in Flopside that starts the sequence of events.
For the treasure maps, it's really just a matter of realizing the connection between the two cities, and flipping appropriately.
And for Tiptron, there actually IS a guy in Flopside (just walking around on the street) who will tell you that Francis has something.

The game is quite fun, retains the Paper Mario Humor, and pulls off some great twists.
It's just so easy.  None of the bosses could stand up to what my friend dubbed "The Dream Team" Which was Bowser on Carrie, a dangerously effective combination.

And there is a ridiculous amount of periphial stuff.
Go Moon!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2007, 05:36:04 PM »
I wish I had noticed that tip guy in Flopside before. I noticed to one in Flipside who always prepares you for the biggest shocker ever but turns out to be Captain Obvious... I only talked to the alternate guy who tells you he doesn;t really know anything useful but tells you something huge AFTER I beat the game and bought Tiptron.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »
Where is that guy at?

Also I didn't know about the maps. This is actually the first I've heard.. Where can you get maps??
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2007, 07:50:01 AM »
Thanks for the tips, Fifth, although it's embarrasing to say that I found those three guys after grousing about it the other day.

And as for the maps, all who are wondering, go to B1 (where the cafe is) in Flopside and flip and go down the water on the left (where the chest and path to the item salesman was in Flipside)

Print