Print

Author Topic: Revolution controller revealed!  (Read 30552 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 07:25:03 PM »
> PS3 and XBox 360 will have their own version of this control method within several years. Mark my words.

It's been brought up, but Nintendo didn't give a firm answer.  I hope that Nintendo would do everything possible to prevent rip-offs... but maybe there's nothing they can do?

I was under the impression that anything under the sun could be patented...

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 09:36:29 PM »
True, true. After watching the whole presentation, I am much more satisfied with it's design and possibilities for expansion. I can no longer groan or pout.

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 10:04:03 PM »
I waited forever for my suddenly slow computer to download that picture and was getting so excited I was about to eat my keyboard.  Then I see these shiny TV remotes and suddenly I feel like I just got clobbered with hammers from the Hammer Bros.  WTD?!  Then the rest of the pictures downlaod and I see the conected thing and think WTD, that's sweet!  I can't wait to try it out in stores and feel like I'm using equipment from Star Trek.  Go Nintendo!

MB: Do you mean the special controller will let you plug NES, SNES, and N64 controllers in that thing?!  Or did he mean something else.  Recently I have really wanted Nintendo to make little things that you plug into the Rev and the other end is shaped for the retro controller, so I hope that's what it is.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/16/2005 9:10:05 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2005, 10:28:40 AM »
Glorb's reaction to it reminds me of Baby Mario whenever he got hit in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.

You know, he'd just say: "No no no no no no!"
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2005, 11:54:04 AM »
I have just been able to see these(my modem was acting screwy), and I must admit, when I first saw them, I was dissapointed.  I ws actually expecting something like a controller of yester-year.

I was confused on how some of you were saying it was cool.  "It's a remote to my T.V.! Not a controller to one of the Next-Gen!"  Granted, I could have seen myself getting used to it, in time, but I couldn't help notice a few things that were...off.

I continued to read down, and watched the video, and I think, now, that it might have just been the first shock of seeing something I did not even imagine that made me react to it.  With the teaser video, and time to calm myself, I now realize that Nintendo has done well, and made a new plane to gaming.

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2005, 04:02:03 PM »
No the special controller will be tailor made with the controllers of the NES, SNES and N64 in mind. It will basically have a docking bay for the "Freehand" (as they call it) and it will work with third party titles and retro games.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2005, 04:39:29 PM »
the idea for a new kind of controller for the nintendo revolution sounds so....dang stupid amd retarded.if you ask me it is nintendo's dumbest idea yet to come.I mean is their any         low that nintendo will stoop to? I don't care who you are but you are entitled to your own opnion(s).

VOTE FOR PEDRO!
I see poop.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2005, 05:23:41 PM »
>"amd retarded.if..." ; "is their any low that nintendo will stoop to?"

First quote: Never mind.

Second quote: In this case, a low could actually be a high-- being that instead of calling it a "stupid game controller," you could try "entirely new controller." I certainly won't degrade its reputation based on radically different design. Instead, I'm going to wait until I have felt it and how it works before proclaiming "...this is a dark day for Nintendo."

Besides, if you haven't noticed, this is the base building block. Older, standard controllers will be revamped and available for use with Nintendo's new console.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that it's "there," not "their." Oh yeah, and EM's post must have taken far less time to type.

Edited by - Suffix on 9/17/2005 4:25:51 PM

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2005, 05:24:33 PM »
Sure we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I'd love to hear the reasoning behind yours.  :)

In this case, a low could actually be a high-- being that instead of calling it a "stupid game controller," you could try "entirely new controller."

What's with you always wanting people to change their opinions to fit whatever you want?

EDIT:  I didn't realize how confusing this post must be anyway, since it ended up being directly below Suffix's, but I meant it to be directly below mario_luigifan104's.  From the italics on I'm addressing Suffix.

Edited by - Eclipsed Moon on 9/18/2005 7:09:12 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2005, 05:38:42 PM »
At least he's nice about it . . .

"Dang, TEM lives in a low-quality area." ~ Lizard Dude
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2005, 05:44:58 PM »
I didn't notice until just now that the controller is cordless.  I must have brain fog...  I don't think the control stick will be as difficult since it has the corners so you can regulate it's motions ... wow, that makes me think of Machoke's "power save belt".  What's wrong with me?  Ah, phooey.

I won't get the revolution, due to that fact that it costs money, so I'd be grateful to have a controller at all.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 06:51:04 PM »
What's really cool is that Nintendo has an awesome, innovative, WHAT-THE-DUKAR, slap-in-the-face controller, and I figure, as said previously, Microsoft and Sony will copy it and make themselves look stupid in the process. w00t Nintendo.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005, 07:50:29 PM »

I know they are taking a minimal approach, but I'd like to see a few more buttons.  At least a "B" button near the big "A", and an "x" and "y" in the SNES configuration with the "a" and "b".  I'm still in a "fist" impression honeymoon phase so I might change my mind later.

At first I didn't get the expansion slot for the analog controller, but now I can see many possiblities for it.  I'm short on time now so I'll just leave you with the images.

Discuss.

---

I think I can tell when my cat says, "out", "food", and "leave me the hell alone".  Though the scratching at the door, running to the food bowl, and dripping blood might be a giveaway.  (Is this too long for a sig?)

Edit: The pic all work, but I don't have time to host them.  So view them by themselves if you need.  Later.

Edited by - Luigison on 9/17/2005 6:55:29 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 08:13:56 PM »
I was skeptical about the new controller at first when I saw those images, but looking at the other peripherals and reading some sources about how it functions really makes me look forward to the release of the Revolution.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2005, 09:05:52 PM »
I just realised something.  Whenever I watch TV I always hold one remote in one hand and one in the other and I love the feel of that.  I bet I'll like this as well.  Even though the colors of it reminds me of one of those things you see beside hospital beds. XD

Oh man, I just got this crazy thought.  Can you imagine how funny it would be to have a Star Wars lightsaber duel with someone in the room?  SW fanatics will be practicing for hours to become real jedi knights.  Meanwhile Mario Tennis Rev fans...

Great fake pics, btw Luigison.  Disguting signature (IMO).

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/17/2005 9:05:01 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print