Print

Author Topic: Tetris DS  (Read 20519 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »
I'd rather have online Tetris Attack than online Tetris.  Or better yet, online Nintendo Puzzle Collection.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2006, 03:22:58 PM »
I'd rather have online Tetris Attack than online Tetris.  Or better yet, online Nintendo Puzzle Collection.

QFE

Although, I'd probably wind up becoming addicted to it.
~I.S.~

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »
Bleh, I really don't get why Tetris Attack is so popular... I really wish they'd bring back Wario's Woods.

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »
Hm... I don't think I've ever played Wario's Woods. Was it for GBC or GBO?

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2006, 05:21:31 PM »
I've never played Wario's Woods but it looks really interesting.  I might download it on Revolution.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2006, 05:26:29 PM »
The first version of Tetris Attack I ever played was Pokemon Puzzle League for the N64. My wife and I were addicted the two player games.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 05:27:29 PM »
What kind of game was Wario's Woods?

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
What kind of game was Wario's Woods?
It was a puzzle game, much like Tetris Attack.  You had these multicolored .. blob.. animal.. things that you had to pair up according to color.  Even though it was called Wario's Woods, you played as Toad, who picked up the animals and moved them around (think SMB2).

I actually played the game by getting the NES cart on the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006, 07:34:43 PM »
Except it was nothing at all like Tetris Attack.  Wario's Woods was for NES and SNES, but as Unlimited Lumpia mentioned, it is available in Animal Crossing.  You didn't control individual blocks, you actually moved Toad around on the playing field, walking and climbing over the pieces.  You had to clear enemy creatures by stacking up bombs in such a way that they would line up (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal, depending on enemy).  Once all the enemies were gone, the stage was cleared.  The bombs fell from the top and you moved Toad around to catch or pick up the bombs and animals.  Time would change between Birdo mode and Wario mode, in Birdo mode only bombs fall... in Wario mode, more enemies fall and whenever Wario slams the screen, the ceiling would drop, leaving less room to maneuver.  The ceiling could be raised by getting combos.  There were several other modes of play, such as clearing a stage as quickly as possible, or a mode where boss enemies joined the playing field.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:02:15 AM by MEGAߥTE »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006, 11:14:13 PM »
Wait, MB, exactly how many levels were there in the SNES version of Wario's Woods's Stage clear mode? I think I was in the 120s, but I'm not sure if it goes on forever, or actually ends. I stopped playing it because every level started looking like every other level. Another really fun puzzle game I haven't played in a while.

I remember buying it on a whim because Toys 'R' Us had a bunch of them in a bin for $9.99. A very well-spent 10 bucks, may I add.
~I.S.~

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »
I have Tetris Elements on my computer and used to have the original Tetris for Game Boy. I <3 tetris. I just might buy this game, especially if it has WiFi, but there's one little thing. Everyone raves about how great Meteos is, but I bought it because I had some cash and there weren't any games I was interested in at the mo'. At the time, the best DS games were Kirby: Canvas Curse and Meteos. My encounter with past Kirby games told me that most Kirby games are the same, since I had gotten Nightmare in Dreamland. So I got Meteos. It was fun for the month or so that I played it, and have barely touched it since. I hope Tetris doesn't end the same way.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2006, 11:41:19 PM »
My sister has Tetris on her GB (which she doesn't even play) and won't let me have it. So cruel... Didn't they rerelease it with Dr. Mario on GBA a little bit ago?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2006, 01:01:35 AM »
Wait, MB, exactly how many levels were there in the SNES version of Wario's Woods's Stage clear mode?

I'm not sure, I had the NES version, which eventually did end... two of the modes had 99 levels each.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2006, 02:41:45 AM »
Oh boo, the Nintendo WFC portion of the game is only 2 or 4 players instead of up to 10.

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2006, 03:49:49 AM »
You mean those promising screenshots are just regular mulitplayer? I was afraid of that.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print