Print

Author Topic: Wario: Master of Disguise was released recently...  (Read 22456 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:21:55 AM »
Just in case you folks missed it, Wario: Master of Diguise was released at some point last week.

I am underwhelmed.

Deezer, I'll write a review this time, really.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 05:24:25 AM »
In #tmk it was called "Wario: Master of Disappointment."
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 09:44:48 AM »
Was?

I haven't even played the game, so I don't know what to say about it.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
Being underwhelmed is OK, because without it we wouldn't be able to be overwhelmed.  I dunno.  There's always a bright side.  A bad game is bad forever delay is good peace out
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 04:50:54 PM »
My sig states that.

Anyway, Wario: MoD is not very good.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 01:49:50 AM »
Well, it's better than Mario Pinball Land... I think.  I also think I prefer it to Warioland 3, but I never liked Warioland 3, so I'm not sure how fair that is.

At least I know there are some 1 and 2 star games when I finally get around to those reviews.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »
I thought WarioLand 3 was the best out of all of them, simply because of it's size and challange.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
I personally think Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 was the best.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »
The original Wario Land was indeed an excellent side scroller.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 07:51:49 PM »
Deezer, I'll write a review this time, really.
I hope your review is more enjoyable than the game.  I am very underwhelmed by what I've played of it so far.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:55:52 PM »
I liked the whole series of WL, they all to me had great points in them. I was really interested in W:MoD but these comments about it upset me. I mean, I want to see for myself, and from the I heard you do in the game and what is included really make me think I'll enjoy the game. I haven't played it so I'm not 100% on anything yet. Not to say anyone's wrond or I don't trust them, I mean, it's possible for one to enjoy what another one may not.
I'm a horrible person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 08:03:36 PM »
I would like to get this, but I don't think it's something I'd spend my own money on.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 08:56:47 PM »
I had the chance during my birthday, but I decided to play for about 30 minutes at a Gameshop to see what it was like. Wario: MoD was not that great, but everyone has an aquired taste.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 08:27:16 AM »
Well, I'd take Super Princess Peach at this point (assuming I just happened across it lying on the sidewalk...). As of now, I haven't got much worth playing on my DS.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »
Super Princess Peach is a fun game, if a bit less than interesting at times.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 08:56:27 PM »
SPP > W:MoD
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 07:47:56 PM »
Finally!!!Another Wario platformer,not a collection of silly minigames!

I really don't give a rat's tail about what people think about W:MOD,its a platformer.Platformers are dying breed(Mario wise).It's good to see the platformers making a mighty come back.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 08:12:23 PM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »
What do you mean dying? Platformers are thriving more than ever! think SPM, YIDS, NSMB, SMG!!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »
Finally!!!Another Wario platformer,not a collection of silly minigames!

The Megamicrogame collection is in many ways better than the platformers.

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 08:18:19 PM »
What do you mean dying? Platformers are thriving more than ever! think SPM, YIDS, NSMB, SMG!!!

Well,I DID say that they were making a mighty comeback.

Collections of 3 second long games better than platformers?Tell me you're joking.
"A winner is you"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 09:46:08 PM »
First of all, they're 5-second long games. Second, one of the platformers has a debug cheat, and another makes you invincible until the final boss. Third, WTD, hats? I'll gladly play one of the games with Wario wearing his goggles over one with him wearing a dragon on his head.

However, I happen to like Wario Land 4, and I didn't even bother playing MoD when I had the chance.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 10:53:33 PM »
Dear Dark_Shark,
I won't go crazy on you if you don't like WarioWare, a franchise I was instantly addicted to. Opinions are opinions. I WILL, however, go crazy on you if you continue to not hit the space key after punctuation. Laws are laws.
-Your pal (and hopefully not to become your nemesis),
Bird Person.
P.S., have you played a WarioWare game? It's awesome, a fresh genre that's a pretty good one. Have you played Master of Disguise? Neither have I, but just because it's a platformer does by no means make it instantly good. It's kind of how Sony fanboys are with graphics, you know?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:14:16 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 07:46:32 AM »
The "Grammar Master" strikes again.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 09:37:40 AM »
He forgot a closing parenthesis.

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
Yeah, but you don't want to tell him that.  :D

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
Dark_Shark once complained about Wario not wearing overalls in Brawl, so you're not gonna get it through his head. I've tried several times.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
Laws are laws.
Oh, the hypocrisy!

a franchise I was instantly addicted to.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »
Argh, prepositions. Yes, I'm beginning to watch and use them correctly, but that's still something to which I am getting used. >:P
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 04:25:49 AM »
For the love of Pete, fight the brainwashing. You can use prepositions at the end of a sentence.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »
Never! The dark side is a place to which I shall never again go!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 04:03:50 AM »
Your awkward sentence structure betrays you, Padawan.

The only "rule" to English is that what you're writing should look and sound the best possible to your reader.

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 02:40:01 PM »
Dark_Shark once complained about Wario not wearing overalls in Brawl

I didn't complain about the overalls,I complained about how stupid the Warioware outfit looks on Wario.

So I don't like Warioware..........SO WHAT!!!!!????I always get criticized for having my own opinion,and I'm sick of it.I've played Warioware before and I didn't like it.End of discussion.
"A winner is you"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »
I never said there was anything wrong with you not liking Wario Ware, but you still have yet to tell me why you think the biker outfit looks stupid.

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 06:07:23 PM »
I don't like the biker outfit, simply because I enjoy his other outfit better. He looks more like a Mario character that way.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »
But Wario has his own series now. He has a right to have his own unique look. Besides, the only Mario games he ever appears in these days are Cameo Games/Spin-offs.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
At first I felt the same about Wario's biker outfit (though I had only played a demo of Touched before, and I didn't understand it). Now that I think of it, it makes more sense--he's obviously NOT a plumber, the overalls look tight and uncomfortable, and makes him look... I don't know, older? The biker outfit suits him better.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 06:35:42 PM »
Eh, he seems like the only guy in the Mario series that might be.........I dunno, a meterosexual? *long drawn out silence*

I mean, he does wear something new in nearly every game. Mario has stayed the same.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 07:33:29 PM »
Your awkward sentence structure betrays you, Padawan.

The only "rule" to English is that what you're writing should look and sound the best possible to your reader.
* Luigison points at sig
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:39:45 PM by Luigison »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
Eh, he seems like the only guy in the Mario series that might be.........I dunno, a meterosexual? *long drawn out silence*

Waluigi is definitely metrosexual. If he was in Wario Ware game, he'd probably wear one of those flamboyant biker outifts, with high boots and everything.

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 02:25:11 PM »
Eh, but Waluigi hasn't changed his outfit yet. There are little characters that resemble him in one of the Smooth Moves microgames, but I think he's more rude than flamboyant.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 03:14:35 PM »
I don't know, some of his movements seem uncharacteristically graceful...

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 05:27:35 PM »
He's gettin' down with his bad self.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 12:29:30 PM »
I find it hard to believe that Waluigi has a "bad self".

In unrelated news, it's still "Master of Disappointment" in #tmk.

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2007, 03:13:55 PM »
Eh, I know he doesn't have a bad self. It was my pitiful excuse for a funny joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2007, 09:51:21 PM »
He's gettin' down with his bad self.

Click it for its full size.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 05:30:02 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 01:33:05 AM »
I actually found it fun. It's... different, yeah, but a fun game, to me anyway.
I'll think of a better signature later!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 04:14:48 AM »

Click it for its full size.
Did you mean for him to say "My shoes are so sparkly and clean! <3 <3 <3?"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 05:15:58 AM »
Perhaps he has built up a lot of static electricity in them.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »
Not this again. It's just not happening. Okay, am I clear?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 05:36:52 PM »
Waluigi likes to dance, but that doesn't make him a meterosexual. He needs to have the clothing, man.

I guess that means Wario isn't one either. He has the clothing, but no dance moves.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
Are you saying Wario doesn't dance?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen... Wario de Mambooooo!
Memorize!
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »
Thank you, Bird Person. You're a true hero (in PLoBP, at any rate).

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2007, 09:20:58 PM »
I guess he dances..........*shrudders*

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »
Wario dances a lot. He dances in Super Maro Strikers, in a few of the Wario Land games, in Wario Ware, and now in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2007, 03:44:31 PM »
Wario only has a few Wario Land games. ;)

By the way so far I have seen no signs of Wario dancing in the trailers for SSBB, unless I'm forgetting something, which is the only logical explanation that I can think of since I haven't seen one of those trailers in a while
I'm a horrible person.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
You mean Wario doesn't look like he's dancing around like a fool in the second trailer?

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2007, 05:12:53 PM »
Argh, I never said I didn't see that happen, I said I probably forgot as I haven't seen one in a while, meaning that just because I've seen it once or twice, doesn't make me automatically remember something. Like,  just because I might have lost me first tooth years ago, doesn't mean I'll remember that event.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2007, 06:47:30 PM »

Really, how do you forget the glorious day you lost your tooth and dropped it down the drain and wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy begging to still get a quarter?
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2007, 07:03:08 PM »
Only a quarter? Wow. I only got dollars when I lost teeth. And that picture scares me...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »
I used to get five dollars per tooth. My "tooth fairy" was a bit overindulging.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2007, 07:08:31 PM »
Man, you could buy a game or two with all those teeth.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2007, 07:23:36 PM »
Well, you know what I mean. I did drop my first tooth lost down the sink...
You're all such critics.
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
Why, thank you. I take pride in my work.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
I used to only get a quarter or two, but I got at least a dollar for my last few baby teeth, each.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2007, 02:54:19 AM »
Well fellows, I now have my hands on... a way to play Wario: Master of Disguise on my DS/DS Lite. At first glance it's a nice game... but there are a few things that don't... work.
-Doesn't matter how far you got in a level--if you have to quit and come back, you'll start all over. This wouldn't be so bad if the cut scenes weren't so darned long...
-Trying to transform into Cosmic Wario to zap some birds, I was killed (by the birds) because the circles I was drawing weren't good enough.
-The puzzles you must complete to open a chest are either way too easy, or way too hard.
Other than that, so far, okay. Though it is a bit boring...
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2007, 08:58:04 AM »
W:MoD almost never recognizes my circles, but QuickSpot always does. 

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2007, 12:32:25 PM »
The thing is, I've found that you mustn't make a full circle. Instead, you have to start at one side of Wario's neck and end it at the other. If you do that, your circle can take up half the screen and it'll work. Not very good for hurried transformations.
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »
-Doesn't matter how far you got in a level--if you have to quit and come back, you'll start all over. This wouldn't be so bad if the cut scenes weren't so darned long...

You can skip the cut scenes by pressing start.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2007, 08:54:39 PM »
No no, I mistyped... I meant the conversations among Wario, Goodstyle and Count Cannoli.
Edit: It appears I can skip those too... Is my face red.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 08:56:11 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2007, 07:24:34 AM »
I dunno, is it? Let's see a red face!

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »
I haven't played this game. But I've read about it and seen screen shots, and I'd like to thank Suzak for bringing back Wario's original outfit... I hate the WarioWare one so much.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2007, 01:26:57 AM »
I'd imagine his new outfit is worlds more comfortable than tight purple overalls. Why does everyone hate it so much? I think it makes him look so much less... dry. It gives him his own self instead of tying him to his origin as Mario's twisted counterpart.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »
Wario's biker suit rawks. Then again, Wario's always had a way to differentiate himself from Mario. In Wario Land, he wore that pith helmet, and in Master of Disappointment Discontent Disaster Disguise. He wears that purple mask. I think he should wear a miner's hat in the next Wario game, so he can hunt treasure.

Print