Print

Author Topic: A Letter from the Princess...  (Read 20621 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 02:13:43 AM »
Hmmm...
So... do you want Sony's super-expensive Blu-Ray player which also plays games to, er, come and crush Nintendo (impossible, they get back up)? Getting on top of the competitors is a big deal, an impressive feat, so Nintendo has every right to admire their work. And keep it up. If YOU were in any of their places, wouldn't you feel pretty good? Or would you be like, "Oh sorry Sony, here, we'll back down so you can reign like last generation"?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:15:21 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 08:45:33 AM »
Uh, no.

What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo should watch their backs because Sony is far from out. You guys are acting like I should be totally be devoted to the Nintendo when I'm neutral towards both systems. If I present some facts (Sony was on top last generation) that Nintendo should take into consideration, you all act like I WANT Sony to crush Nintendo. That's not what I said.

I am not a Nintendo fanboy. I am a Mario fanboy. That doesn't mean I am 100% devoted to the Nintendo. But that doesn't mean I want Nintendo to lose, or vice versa. I really don't care if Nintendo is in a slump or on a roll. I still buy the games.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:06:16 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »
Just wait until next generation, when the PS Quadruple is out, along with it's semi portable friend, the PSP 2, Sony will soon go insane and flood the markets with all these add-ons and versions of their systems. (XBox Elite, anyone?) And thus, they have digged their hole to their coffin of their doom! Die!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 10:37:42 AM »
Been done before.  Remember Sega CD, 32x(or whatever that was called)?  Each of them were just add-ons to the Sega Genesis, and from what I heard, there weren't really very many worthwhile games that required those add-ons.  You can correct me if I'm wrong on that, though.  My knowledge of Sega consoles is kinda limited.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »
What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo should watch their backs because Sony is far from out.
"Watch their backs." Uh-huhhhhh... so, Sony sends gang bangers to their competition to fight? I mean, I get that by this you mean that Sony might start making good games to "strike back," but you speak as if this letter will give them the power to do so.
I really don't care if Nintendo is in a slump or on a roll. I still buy the games.
The posts sure make that clear. Heh. My only point is, yeah, things could turn right around at any moment, just like you said. Just like Nintendo showed Sony on November 19th. Gameplay is finally beating graphics. Not easy for Nintendo to pull off, so they deserve to celebrate. Let them laugh. Sony will have the laugh if they manage to climb back to the top. With stolen ideas.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 03:33:17 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Well, you're finally getting my point, but................were the sarcastic remarks necessary? I'm sorry that I'm not 100% devoted to the Nintendo.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 03:33:03 PM »
"Finally?" All I did was reword my last post...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »
In your last post, you didn't sound like you understood my point at all; you made it sound like I wanted Sony to crush Nintendo. That is not true. My point is that Sony is not out, Nintendo should stop feeling so cocky, Sony DOES in fact have the right stuff to get back on track and that I don't have to be 100% devoted to Nintendo.

This is not something I should've talked about on a Mario site, but you know, I'm getting really tired of articles/posts with "Sony is out, Game over for Sony, Sony is doomed, etc." as the headline. The same darn thing happened to Nintendo last generation, but they're still here obviously.

This entire thing is in response to Sushie Boy's comment, btw. Not the letter.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:31:12 PM by PaperLuigi »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »
Only Sony had Ken Kutaragi leave because his latest creation was a disaster. PS2 was good. PS3 has 2 or 3 games in the future for it. If you read about all the insane (mis)management at Sony you would get why I said they don't know what they're doing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 08:05:20 PM »
Ah. Microsoft had the same problem; bad management leads to unwanted problems in the beginning.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 11:37:51 PM »
Beginning?
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 06:23:56 AM »
You know, when a new generation starts. For example, the XBox suffered from poor management during the early stages of the last generation.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 12:01:50 AM »
And it ended up with :o no games!!
That was a joke.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 08:23:21 AM »
The Wii's on top? Really? There are only, like, a handful of decent games, counting the ones in the future. The rest are crappy, cgi-movie games. Nintendo is going overboard with the whole, "family system" image. Just because it's made for kids and adults, that doesn't mean they have to turn EVERY little kid movie ever made into a game. It's insulting to the poeple who own one, i.e. me.

I feel that the 360 is probably more popular, nowadays.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 08:25:05 AM »
The Wii's on top? Really? There are only, like, a handful of decent games, counting the ones in the future. The rest are crappy, cgi-movie games. Nintendo is going overboard with the whole, "family system" image.

Thank you! I've been thinking the same thing and my friends are calling me crazy.

Print