Poll

What holiday release(s) are you grabbing?

Batman: Arkham City
2 (5%)
Battlefield 3
1 (2.5%)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
1 (2.5%)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrimjob
2 (5%)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
8 (20%)
Super Mario 3D Land
9 (22.5%)
Saints Row: The Third
1 (2.5%)
Mario Kart 7
8 (20%)
Star Wars: The Old Republic
0 (0%)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
2 (5%)
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
1 (2.5%)
Other (one of the many October releases, maybe?)
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 02, 2012, 10:10:47 AM

Print

Author Topic: Holiday Season Video Game Blitzkrieg  (Read 3554 times)

« on: November 04, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »
This holiday season is ridiculously full to bursting with like a million awesome games. What are you getting? Are you picking it/them up for yourself, or hoping a loved one/Santa/the Krampus gives it to you as a gift?

Being 3DS-less, I'm super tempted to pick one up for myself just for Super Mario 3D Land, and then maybe throw Mario Kart 7 onto a Christmas list. Or maybe vice versa. BUT realistically, I probably shouldn't pick up expensive new hardware, and am more likely to pick up either Skyrimjob or Skyward Sword, and then ask for the other for Christmas.

That said, Arkham City looks super ****ing sweet, and Saints Row: The Third looks like a blast as well. Batman's got my attention way more though.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
Probably just Skyward Sword, Mario 3D Land, and/or Mario Kart 7. I don't know if I'll get any of these for the holidays. 3DS's are expensive and money is tight..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:48:24 AM »
I still need to grab Battlefield 3, but outside Zelda and Skyrim, I'm not really crazy about any recent/upcoming games. And I rarely plan what games I do get. Usually it's when I'm wandering through the store for something unrelated or looking at through Amazon.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
No Assassin's Creed?

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Added it.  Good call!  I knew I'd forget a game I personally wasn't interested in.
Haters gonna hate

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
I already picked up (and finished my first playthrough of) Uncharted 3.  I probably won't be getting my own copies of anything else, though.  My roommate shares my taste in games and has rather more money than I do.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 looks to be the only remaining one for me and The King of Fighters XIII, since I picked up Otomedius Excellent today and DoDonPachi Resurrection is in the mail, and the US release of The King of Fighters XIII will probably be delayed since the Japanese version just was.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:19:09 PM by WarpRattler »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
I wonder if Turtlekid's roommate will be buying Rayman Origins.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 06:32:45 PM »
I picked the three I've been waiting for for quite a while: Skyward Sword, Arkham City, and Uncharted 3.

Also, I need to wash my eyes out after that Skyrim pun.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »
I'm getting Super Mario 3D Land on Sunday... I may ask for Mario Kart 7 for Christmas or my birthday, but since both have recently turned into cash-related venues rather than other gifts, I'll probably just end up buying it with whatever extra cash I end up with around that time. I considered Skyward Sword, but that isn't a gift/purchase my "heart" would be in. It looks cool though, so maybe I can mooch some playing time with it off my brother if he gets it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:24:18 PM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
Already got Arkham City, will probably get Saints Row and Battlefield at a later date. I want the Mario titles, especially MK7, but no console to play them on...

EDIT: bought Saints Row. Battlefield will have to wait, at least until EA stop being so retarded and accept that no-one likes Origin...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:51:23 PM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
Kirby's Return to Dream Land for myself, but to play with my daughter watching/suggesting. 
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D free as part of an Amazon.com buy 2 get 1 free promotion.
Team Umizoomi DS for my daughter.
Rayman Origins for myself and my father/brothers to play over the holidays.
LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Learning Tablet (Pink)  and several games for my daughter.

If I get a 3DS:  Super Mario 3D Land - BestBuy will have an bundle SM3DL and red 3DS bundle. 

Eventually:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Mario Kart 7
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 10:38:06 PM »
Anyone who didn't choose SM3DL deserves to be permabanned.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print