Print

Author Topic: A Letter from the Princess...  (Read 20617 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: June 16, 2007, 05:07:50 PM »
Peach speaks out...

Heh heh heh heh heh...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:19:10 PM by DavidDayton »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »
Peach speaks out to thank her loyal subjects buying all of her products.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
Awww shucks.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:06:47 AM »
That's... just... silly. How could they imitate her and not feel guilty? They'd better feel guilty.

I'm not sure why this upset me, as she is one of their mascots, or intellectual property...

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 07:03:34 AM »
If you buy more of her products, she may go further. ;)

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:51:26 AM »
I really think Nintendo.com should loosen up their swelled heads and stop bragging to everyone about how great their console is compared to the other two. Not too long ago, Sony was king and Nintendo was down on it's face; they need to remember that it could change at any moment.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »
Nah, It's gonna stay like it is, Sony already hammered in all the nails on the coffin of their doom! Die!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:53:11 AM »
Uh, no. Don't count out Sony just because they've hit a slump. They know what they're doing and have the right stuff to get back on track.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 07:30:17 PM »
How sucky! Where's the enclosed jewel to help protect me?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 07:42:58 PM »
Meh. Rather bland. That's all I have to say on this.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 08:38:11 PM »
They make Peach sound like a total moron.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 08:50:24 PM »
Sony really doesn't know what it's doing.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 09:55:50 PM »
Don't count out Sony just because they've hit a slump. They know what they're doing and have the right stuff to get back on track.
Were you as supportive of Nintendo during the last generation as you are now with Sony?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 10:04:24 PM »
I dunno, but I've always supported Nintendo.  As long as they have franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, we don't really have anything to worry about.

(And my mom tried to talk me into getting a PS2, when I was about to get my first console because it had a DVD player, but I stuck with good ol' Nintendo 64 because it had MK64 and SSB, which were the two games I wanted the most back then.  To this day there are only a few PS2 games that I want to try; not enough to spend $130+, or whatever those things cost now, on)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »
Were you as supportive of Nintendo during the last generation as you are now with Sony?

I am nuetral in terms of support. What does it matter to you guys anyway? Do you even care?

All I'm saying is that Sony isn't out yet and that Nintendo should stop sounding all high and mighty because they're back on top. I am not a huge Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony, or vice versa. And to say that "Sony doesn't know what it's doing" means that everything they did last generation was useless. Joe Blow off the streets could have said "Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing" back when it was getting pounded by Sony, which is obviously wrong since Nintendo is back on top. Just because Sony is losing now doesn't mean it'll stay that way.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:22:46 PM by PaperLuigi »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 02:13:43 AM »
Hmmm...
So... do you want Sony's super-expensive Blu-Ray player which also plays games to, er, come and crush Nintendo (impossible, they get back up)? Getting on top of the competitors is a big deal, an impressive feat, so Nintendo has every right to admire their work. And keep it up. If YOU were in any of their places, wouldn't you feel pretty good? Or would you be like, "Oh sorry Sony, here, we'll back down so you can reign like last generation"?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:15:21 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 08:45:33 AM »
Uh, no.

What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo should watch their backs because Sony is far from out. You guys are acting like I should be totally be devoted to the Nintendo when I'm neutral towards both systems. If I present some facts (Sony was on top last generation) that Nintendo should take into consideration, you all act like I WANT Sony to crush Nintendo. That's not what I said.

I am not a Nintendo fanboy. I am a Mario fanboy. That doesn't mean I am 100% devoted to the Nintendo. But that doesn't mean I want Nintendo to lose, or vice versa. I really don't care if Nintendo is in a slump or on a roll. I still buy the games.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:06:16 AM by PaperLuigi »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »
Just wait until next generation, when the PS Quadruple is out, along with it's semi portable friend, the PSP 2, Sony will soon go insane and flood the markets with all these add-ons and versions of their systems. (XBox Elite, anyone?) And thus, they have digged their hole to their coffin of their doom! Die!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 10:37:42 AM »
Been done before.  Remember Sega CD, 32x(or whatever that was called)?  Each of them were just add-ons to the Sega Genesis, and from what I heard, there weren't really very many worthwhile games that required those add-ons.  You can correct me if I'm wrong on that, though.  My knowledge of Sega consoles is kinda limited.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »
What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo should watch their backs because Sony is far from out.
"Watch their backs." Uh-huhhhhh... so, Sony sends gang bangers to their competition to fight? I mean, I get that by this you mean that Sony might start making good games to "strike back," but you speak as if this letter will give them the power to do so.
I really don't care if Nintendo is in a slump or on a roll. I still buy the games.
The posts sure make that clear. Heh. My only point is, yeah, things could turn right around at any moment, just like you said. Just like Nintendo showed Sony on November 19th. Gameplay is finally beating graphics. Not easy for Nintendo to pull off, so they deserve to celebrate. Let them laugh. Sony will have the laugh if they manage to climb back to the top. With stolen ideas.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 03:33:17 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Well, you're finally getting my point, but................were the sarcastic remarks necessary? I'm sorry that I'm not 100% devoted to the Nintendo.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 03:33:03 PM »
"Finally?" All I did was reword my last post...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »
In your last post, you didn't sound like you understood my point at all; you made it sound like I wanted Sony to crush Nintendo. That is not true. My point is that Sony is not out, Nintendo should stop feeling so cocky, Sony DOES in fact have the right stuff to get back on track and that I don't have to be 100% devoted to Nintendo.

This is not something I should've talked about on a Mario site, but you know, I'm getting really tired of articles/posts with "Sony is out, Game over for Sony, Sony is doomed, etc." as the headline. The same darn thing happened to Nintendo last generation, but they're still here obviously.

This entire thing is in response to Sushie Boy's comment, btw. Not the letter.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:31:12 PM by PaperLuigi »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »
Only Sony had Ken Kutaragi leave because his latest creation was a disaster. PS2 was good. PS3 has 2 or 3 games in the future for it. If you read about all the insane (mis)management at Sony you would get why I said they don't know what they're doing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 08:05:20 PM »
Ah. Microsoft had the same problem; bad management leads to unwanted problems in the beginning.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 11:37:51 PM »
Beginning?
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 06:23:56 AM »
You know, when a new generation starts. For example, the XBox suffered from poor management during the early stages of the last generation.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 12:01:50 AM »
And it ended up with :o no games!!
That was a joke.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 08:23:21 AM »
The Wii's on top? Really? There are only, like, a handful of decent games, counting the ones in the future. The rest are crappy, cgi-movie games. Nintendo is going overboard with the whole, "family system" image. Just because it's made for kids and adults, that doesn't mean they have to turn EVERY little kid movie ever made into a game. It's insulting to the poeple who own one, i.e. me.

I feel that the 360 is probably more popular, nowadays.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 08:25:05 AM »
The Wii's on top? Really? There are only, like, a handful of decent games, counting the ones in the future. The rest are crappy, cgi-movie games. Nintendo is going overboard with the whole, "family system" image.

Thank you! I've been thinking the same thing and my friends are calling me crazy.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 10:48:15 AM »
You see Area 64, It works like this, all these crappy 3rd party companies make crappy games for sup-par movies right? People say "Let's buy Meet the Robingsons: The Game! The movie was good and we think the game will too!" People are too stupid to just go on ahead and buy a game willy nilly, without actually reading some reviews or finding out about the developers history to see past and crappy projects. So people buy the games and realize that they suck. As long as people keep buying these games companies will still crank them out. So is it really Nintendo's fault? They don't make those movie based games, they just approve them. So It's our fault! And another thing, nobody knows what may be in store for us for the rest of the Wii's lifespan, The little thing is still young.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »
Uh, 360 is definitely not more popular than Wii. Even among "hardcore" gamers.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 12:22:21 PM »
Really?  I must still be living in the GCN's days.  The poor thing didn't deserve to die the way it did.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 12:32:25 PM »
Yeah, no goodbye game from Nintendo, almost every one of their consoles had a Mario game at the end of it's lifepsan, SNES had SMW 2 and SMRPG, 64 had PM, the GCN didn't get anything.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 03:17:01 PM »
SPM was originally planned for the GCN.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2007, 04:02:45 PM »
It got Twilight Princess, but it was too late. Why d'you care, anyway... The GameCube got its super-kick-your-face game long ago. It's called Super Smash Bros. Melee.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
I'm just saying that the GCN deserved a super awesome special goodbye game for it to go out with a bang.  Sure, it had Twilight Princess, but the fact that it was also available on the Wii kinda lowered the intensity.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:05 PM »
It did go out with a bang... it just didn't make it. Why does it matter, it's not like Wii Industries is its own company that threw GameCube Incorporated out of business. It's still Nintendo. They just created a revolution that was so great that it killed the GameCube. Pretty good, seeing them accomplish a sudden jump to a new system and be able to let go of the GameCube so quickly. Nostalgically speaking, this doesn't make the GameCube look too good though, but that's just the way things go. If the Wii hadn't killed the GameCube, Super Paper Mario would probably have been a GameCube game and not have sold as well as it has.
In short, the GameCube had a good run. That's why I kept my broken one. I want it fixed, eventually, for two reasons: for the nostalgic value, and starting GC games on the Wii is a bit of a hassle, not being able to navigate the menu with a GC controller. But let's stop mourning and enjoy the Wii.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 06:56:57 PM »
I am enjoying the Wii.  I was just kinda giving a moment of silence for the GCN.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 07:44:48 PM »
NoA can stop thinking they're witty any time now...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 12:55:46 AM »
Uh, 360 is definitely not more popular than Wii. Even among "hardcore" gamers.
Yeah it is, mostly due to the fact that the Wii doesn't really have any hardcore games yet. I'm talking multiplayer.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2007, 07:58:28 AM »
I always thought the 360 was more popular. Most everyone I talked to at my school had one.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:19 AM »
Pl, you're still living in 2006, now that the Wii's flooded the market and their vast armies prepare to destroy cultural landmarks, the Wii is on the top now! 360, still with larger game sales is second! But PS3, I feel bad for them, they should be like Sega, make crappy platformers for Nintendo!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
You know, all I have to say is that I'm hoping people can stop gawking at graphics and really look at the gameplay. Who cares if the graphics aren't HD? It's the game that really offers the experience. People still play Super Mario Bros., and that has 8-bit graphics. Graphics are really just a gameplay enhancer, to offer a more realistic or eye-pleasing experience. Once people realize that you don't need incredibly realistic graphics or super charged systems to have fun gaming, the gaming world will be a better place.

P.S. I'd also like to say, as people would probably point this out, that there are great games with amazing graphics. Examples include Gears of War, Twilight Princess, Halo (3), and Motorstorm (there, at least one for each system.) I'm just trying to say that graphics don't make the game. They enhance it.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 12:08:23 PM »
Pl, you're still living in 2006, now that the Wii's flooded the market and their vast armies prepare to destroy cultural landmarks, the Wii is on the top now! 360, still with larger game sales is second! But PS3, I feel bad for them, they should be like Sega, make crappy platformers for Nintendo!

Uh..........no.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
You know, all I have to say is that I'm hoping people can stop gawking at graphics and really look at the gameplay.
Well the Wii's outselling everything else, that's a good start...
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 07:29:28 PM »
You know, all I have to say is that I'm hoping people can stop gawking at graphics and really look at the gameplay. Who cares if the graphics aren't HD? It's the game that really offers the experience. People still play Super Mario Bros., and that has 8-bit graphics. Graphics are really just a gameplay enhancer, to offer a more realistic or eye-pleasing experience. Once people realize that you don't need incredibly realistic graphics or super charged systems to have fun gaming, the gaming world will be a better place.

P.S. I'd also like to say, as people would probably point this out, that there are great games with amazing graphics. Examples include Gears of War, Twilight Princess, Halo (3), and Motorstorm (there, at least one for each system.) I'm just trying to say that graphics don't make the game. They enhance it.

Nicely put. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »
Y'know, I see a lot of people saying "it's going to be the downfall for Sony" or, "Sony's doomed!" or, "They've dug their own grave!", but people are just looking at the PS3: In truth, the PS2 is actually outselling the 360 and PS3 (cannibalism!), and is still the 2nd or 3rd best selling system in North America. That's what Reggie said at Nintendo's media summit '07. I guess Sony has the good 'ol PS2 to lean on if it's PS3 breathern fails. In that sense, Sony isn't entirely failing at the home console market.

The letter on Nintendo's website was pretty corny. I'm, c'mon Nintendo. Could you be anymore pompous? The tables could turn at any moment...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:31:38 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »
Team Ico just needs to survive and continue to make breathtakingly amazing games for something besides Sony.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2007, 12:04:42 AM »
The tables could turn at any moment...
Again, they COULD. Evidence: They HAVE. Nintendo has grasped this generation. So why not take a moment to bask in the light and then get back to work? A little confidence never hurt anyone.
And sure, sure, if Sony is able to keep everything afloat with new PS2 games alongside PS3 games, then that's great. Whatever works. I don't think it'd work so well if Nintendo kept making GameCube games though. Different situations for Nintendo and Sony, so different strategies are required.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 12:11:15 AM »
PSX kept going for a couple years after PS2 came out. I expect PS2 to do the same regardless of PS3's outcome.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »
Hm, a little pride before the fall?

As for the PS3, It may me the victim of a self fulfilling prophecy. It may have what it takes, but people tend to jump on the proverbial bandwagon. well, that's capitalism for ya.

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 02:51:39 PM »
They make Peach sound like a total moron.

So that's why I thought she sounded in character!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »
Hey, man, don't dis the Princess.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »
I couldn't resist.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 03:38:41 AM »
Peach in the RPGs (or Toadstool in SMRPG's case) > Peach anywhere else. She doesn't really do anything in the Mario & Luigi games but get kidnapped and stuff, but at least she doesn't conclude that someone is Bowser's son at the statement that she is his mother. She even CHEATED in Mario Kart: Double-Dash!! by teaming up with a three-eyed mutant!! Her role in Super Mario Galaxy had better be good...
...'Cause her fate is always in my hands. My hands hold the controller.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007, 04:59:33 AM »
She even CHEATED in Mario Kart: Double-Dash!! by teaming up with a three-eyed mutant!!
Once in awhile I just read a sentence on these boards and think, "Man we are Mario geeks. Really really big ones. Yes, massive."

This is one of those times.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
Are you referring to Daisy's third eye on SSBM?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »
Yes. It's all the evidence we need. Daisy cheats in Mario Kart!
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Does Luigi know? Does anyone know? Peach could be cheating and not even know it!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 10:14:50 PM »
Only we know!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »
The little company that could is now the little company that got cocky!
I really don't care much for logic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2007, 10:03:06 PM »
"Little," how so?
And you make it sound like Nintendo's fallen into the depths.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »
Nintendo hasn't been little for a really long time.
That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2007, 11:39:57 PM »
They are extremely little compared to Microsoft and Sony.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2007, 11:53:58 PM »
MS and Sony have way more other things besides video games.
That was a joke.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2007, 12:49:40 AM »
ok... by "little" i didn't mean little it was only a rip off of that book : "the little engine that could" and it was only about how nintendo is sooo far beating the ps3 and xbox360 and how they are starting to be a little cocky. it really wasn't about being a "little" company.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:02:08 AM by Wiiario »
I really don't care much for logic.

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2007, 01:14:49 AM »
MS and Sony have way more other things besides video games.
So? They use resources from those other areas to fuel their game divisions.

Print