Print

Author Topic: M rated Mario games? think their should some?  (Read 13682 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2005, 09:27:31 PM »
I agree

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2005, 09:43:19 PM »
Showing someone's back is not partial nudity, or any sort of nudity. A back isn't a private part.

"That Mormon almost destroyed my left hand." ~TEM

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2005, 09:44:39 PM »
Thanks, guys ^_^.  I was hoping that I wasn't going over the top or anything.

And I know a back isn't a private part, but just the implication that the person is nude is enough to up the rating.  It seems silly, I know, but it's true.  I've seen a bunch of shows and movies that have those little warning labels before they start, like "adult situations" or "mild language", and they'll show a warning for nudity but all you ever see is the persons back when they're in the shower.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Edited by - Kamikaze Koopa on 7/15/2005 9:29:08 PM

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2005, 12:04:04 AM »
I know Newgrounds has alot mature Mario stuff.
www.Newgrounds.com

1-up
1-up

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2005, 01:29:50 PM »
I have another idea. BEAR WITH ME, I'm serious now. What not make a Mario-themed real-time strategy game? I would be cool! While it may not end up being rated M unless there was a lot of gore, it would be seriously cool, depending on how it was exectuted. Plus, it would allow Nintendo to escape the "we only make kiddie games" stereotype they gave going. Swearing should be avoided, because no one would take Mario seriously if he was cussing in his thick Italian accent.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2005, 01:48:14 PM »
I actually had the exact same ideaa long time ago.  It would be awesome to command a battalion of toads up against an army of koopas, having them march in formation and everything ^_^.

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2005, 02:50:32 PM »
You all seem very close-minded about an M-rated Mario game. I, like some other posters here, would welcome a "Mature Mario" game, as long as it was good, and fun to play. But, cartoony, violent video games don't really sell well, as seen with the lackluster sales of "Conker's Bad Fur Day" for N64. I don't know how Conker for XBox is selling, though, so I may be proven wrong.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2005, 04:12:26 PM »
Conker: Live and Reloaded for the Xbox sold very well, but I thought it was crap.

every

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2005, 12:47:45 PM »
what about This site: http://www.koopatorivm.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/joker1.jpg

and this:http://www.koopatorivm.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/joker2.jpg

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2005, 02:51:41 PM »
Eeeew! How dare you defile the fragile dimmensional fabric of space and time?

every

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2005, 03:56:35 PM »
How about I make a poll to see how many people would like M-rated Mario Games. I'll keep track.

I would hate if that would happen.
hate 1
like 0

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2005, 04:12:48 PM »
I have to agree with about 95% of the posts, in most cases a Mature-rated Mario game would be completely useless (Mario games don't need profanity, gore, or nudity to be fun).

But if they made one, I would want it to be for a more adult-like storyline, perhaps because it contained certain philosophical concepts that only a mature audience could understand (ala Tales of Symphonia). And with a realistic, complex storyline comes a little profanity and a little gore, but never in copious amounts.

I could say more, but I feel like I'm repeating things already said.

"And then I say something." -Michael Showalter, Stella
Kickin' it since 2000.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2005, 07:26:32 AM »
I agree with Super Mario, so here's my own pole:

hate: 0
like because it would be controlled amounts of adult content: 20,000

every

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2005, 09:28:37 AM »
That's definitely what it comes down to, Glorb.

"And then I say something." -Michael Showalter, Stella
Kickin' it since 2000.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2005, 06:24:21 PM »
Thank you.

every

Print