Print

Author Topic: Happy Earth Day!  (Read 7889 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:14:29 PM »

Super-Jesse here with a public service announcement from TMK. Today is Earth Day, are you doing your part as a gamer to help better your planet? Here are a few tips on how you can help:

1) Why not clean up some of the mess around your community? Mario did just that in Super Mario Sunshine. If that game is any indication, all you need is a tripe jump and a talking water pack!

2) How about sing a song to a tree? The Yoshi's have a fruit tree of their own they like to sing to, as seen in Yoshi's Story. "At the Airport", is it?

3) Trade in that gas-guzzler of a car for something smaller, like a Super Mario Kart? Don't worry, if you play your cards right, you may score that awesome gold kart from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

That's all I can think of for now, but you are more than welcome to post your own ideas (Mario-themed, of course) on how you can help the earth today!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:07:23 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »
Earth Day: The biggest liberal holiday ever to grace my calander.

Also, according to scientists, we're actually in a global cooling. Strangely, we're also the cause of that climate change, even though we're also the cause of a global warming. Lolparadox.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:36:09 PM »
CrzyFlmngMnkyHead, please give your sources for such information.  You state it as if all scientists now agree that humans are causing global cooling.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »
It's just not a holiday until I log into the forums and see people complaining about it!

:)

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 07:32:22 PM »
I celebrated Earth Day by riding a charter bus for a 6-hour round trip.

:)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 09:11:28 PM »
I celebrated Earth day by wearing a T-Shirt that has a picture of an Earth on it.

Ideas for Earth Day (Too Late but whatever):

1.) Go and pick up cans off the side of the road.

2.) Go complain to whatever industrial complex nearby about whatever they are doing.

3.) Stay home and play Video Games. Therefore not driving, and not using gasoline.

4.) Post SPAM on the Fungi Forums.

5.) Spend the Evening trying to figure out how to get Wario and Yoshi in Mario Galaxy.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:52:44 AM »
I celebrated Eath Day by planting a tree...
My Friend celebrated by chopping down a tree.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »
all you need is a tripe jump

Mmm, tripe.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »
Earth Day: The biggest liberal holiday ever to grace ruin my calander.

Also, according to scientists, we're actually in a global cooling. Strangely, we're also the cause of that climate change, even though we're also the cause of a global warming. Lolparadox.

fixed
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 05:25:09 PM »
CrzyFlmngMnkyHead, please give your sources for such information.  You state it as if all scientists now agree that humans are causing global cooling.

What I was saying was that eventually people are going to start blaming the human race for all climate-related changes.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 11:07:33 PM »
My college apparently celebrated Earth Day by having even poorer wi-fi reception in my room than normal. And they've been celebrating that for a bit too long at this point.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »
Ah haha. I know how that is. I can get wi-fi in my room once every two months. But then, I can only use it with my laptop, as they use a virtual private network that makes it impossible to use without a laptop or PC.

Print