Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door turns 10 (in the US) today!  (Read 11168 times)

« on: October 11, 2014, 01:41:44 PM »
TMK page: http://themushroomkingdom.net/games/pmttyd
MarioWiki page: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

Let's look back on this great game! Even if you liked Super Mario RPG or Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga more for some reason, there's no denying that this is the best in the Paper Mario series.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:43:28 PM by bobbysq1337 »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »
I deny it.

Actually no, that's a lie. I love that game so much. I can't really get into the first Paper Mario, and Super Paper Mario is great, but neither of them beat the second one. It was the first RPG I played, and the first Gamecube game I played, and it was a good first on both counts.

I should go replay it. It'll be fun times.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 08:29:18 PM »
I normally hate JRPGs but TTYD is some fine wine. It's better everytime I replay it.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
To think, it's been a decade since the last good PM game.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 02:02:41 AM »
Super Paper Mario was alright, but I would love to see another game very similar to PM2.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:36:38 AM »
A little hard to believe. I still have multiple save files on that game at 99:59.

Makes me wish I still had free time to play it.

I played all the Paper Mario games 1-3 as a kid, PM1 was really good, but I never got over the fact that you can't go back to Toad Town after the ending. PM2 is arguably the best, even though I still haven't beat the Shadow Queen. SPM was really good, too, albeit different, and I enjoyed it.

I played PM4 a little (my brother's game), and it's a bit clunky in battle in my opinion. I never really liked the idea of consumable stickers, I prefer a move (At least 1) that you can pull off infinite times.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
I 100%'d it twice. My only regret is that I never bothered to reset for a superior green Yoshi.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 02:43:04 AM »
I've been thinking of starting a new file again, but I already recently started SPM over (in Chapter.. 5 now, Land of the Cragnons).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 03:15:40 AM »
Land of the Long-Ass Codes?

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »
You think that your Yoshi situation was dire? On my original playthrough, I got a green Yoshi (this was just by luck, it'd seem) and guess what? My little brother took the pleasure of naming it, and filled the name field with star symbols!

Still angers me a tiny bit to this day.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »
Oof. Indoctrinated by Pokemon naming conventions, I named mine YOSHI the first time.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgdBEH7y7k" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgdBEH7y7k</a>

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »
Neat, Lizard Dude.

The Ultimate Mario Fan

• The_Ultimate_Long_Name
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:29 PM »
Wow, I feel so old..  I need to replay that game someday.  It was a blast!!  But then again, all Mario games are... :)
Ciao paisanos! If we can unstop a stop, we can stop the unstoppable!  (Σ(:o}D
(Also know as The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan or TUMF.)

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
I tried the Pit of 100 Trials in this game a day or two ago. I got to like the 80th floor then died after losing like 15HP in one turn because I didn't heal at the right time :/
Relics.

Print