Print

Author Topic: The most annoying video game sounds  (Read 8757 times)

« on: November 07, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »
What are the most annoying sounds you have encountered in a video game?
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »
The baby crying sound effect from Yoshi's Island.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:41:14 AM »
The low hearts sound from the Zelda series. I know I'm low on hearts but does the sound have to play to its own beat AND with EVERY swing of the sword?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »
The low hearts sound from the Zelda series. I know I'm low on hearts but does the sound have to play to its own beat AND with EVERY swing of the sword?

Similarly, the low-HP alarm in Pokemon games. Three or four beeps when you first enter the red would suffice.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »
Don't forget the low-energy sound from Metroid titles, for that matter.

"YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, THE MORE THE MERRIER!"

Most of the boss banter from the Kingdom Hearts series, but especially "GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!"
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »
The noise the Mothership makes in the Atari 2600 game, E.T.
This bridge - extends from Nebraska to CANADA!

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 04:50:19 PM »
All the dialogue in the 3D Sonic games, especially that in Shadow the Hedgehog.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »
Oh, come now.  "Where's that [darn] FOURTH Chaos Emerald!" is possibly the best video game quote ever.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 12:20:46 AM »
Similarly, the low-HP alarm in Pokemon games. Three or four beeps when you first enter the red would suffice.

Oh man, seconded big time.  I turn the DS volume down all the way when my respective mon reaches that point.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 02:35:28 AM »
The low HP sound in any game would probably suffice; Super Paper Mario's rather incessant iteration comes to mind.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »
As for the Pokemon thing, supposedly the "DANGER" warning alarm will be replace by faster-paced music in Black and White.  That's one thing they've definitely improved.

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Those flying bats in Thorntail Hollow in Star Fox Adventures (and other places in the game). They're called Bloops. This 15-second cutscene's all you need to know. It's bad enough that they swoop down on you from nowhere, but they always do that annoying cackle and they like flying almost out of reach of your staff. I think many SFA players were delighted when they became skilled enough to pick off these jerks from a distance with the fire blast upgrade. The problem? You usually don't notice these buggers until they're right on top of you!
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 01:15:48 AM »
"YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, THE MORE THE MERRIER!"

I still hear it when I sleep.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:22:07 AM »
As for the Pokemon thing, supposedly the "DANGER" warning alarm will be replace by faster-paced music in Black and White.  That's one thing they've definitely improved.

I'm not too sure about that one.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:12 PM »
Navi's "HEY" or "LOOK OUT" or "LISTEN" from OoT-- possibly the most annoying sounds of them all.

EDIT: I may have found a sound (or jingle-- whatever you want to call it) that might top the Navi.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:54:36 PM by kirbyman »

Print