Print

Author Topic: Wii internet connections...  (Read 15380 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »
How are you on the internet now?  And how come whoever set you up to be on the internet can't set up your Wii?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 11:12:32 PM »
You're sure it's the right kind of router, right? This:

Not this:

Plug that into your computer. Configure stuff to let things leech off of it. Call tech support.

Edit: Zwuh. I didn't expect transparency. GIFs ahoy!
Edit 2: One more thing. The best routers have a flyswatter on top.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 05:25:01 AM »
I found out the problem... I need a USB Wi-fi connector. Yay, now I get to waste another 20$, meaning 2 games for the Virtual System= 80$ That is such a (Insert terrible swear word) rip-off. 40$ for Classic Controller. 20$ for points card. 20$ for USB connector-or is it another 40$???????????????? It dosen't matter, you see...

MY QUEST TO GET TWO FRICKIN' GAMES... (COUNTINUED)

Okay, so I called my Meijer to see if they had a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector. Some senile lady was at the media section, and after 15 minutes of saying "no, we don't have it", and "Oh, I haven't checked here" She finally decided "no, we don't have it." My meijers never has anything. It would be 2 months later that they would finally get a shipment of Super Paper Mario. By then, I bought it elsewhere. So, I called a Wal-Mart 25 miles away. I waited for 20 minutes for them to pick up the phone. Nope.

TO BE CONTINUED...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 05:58:25 AM »
The dollar sign comes before the number.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 06:28:37 AM »
You don't need a USB Wi-Fi connector if you already have a wireless router.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »
You know what? I don't know what I have, so I just have to guess. My story almost gets happy in this latetest chapter...

MY QUEST TO GET TWO FRICKIN' GAMES (countinued...)

Okay. Wal-Mart obviously wasn't going to help. I called Best Buy. "NO, we dont have it. Describe it." "Well, you plug it into the computers USB connector, and it sends signals to the Wii." "Yes we have it." Her earlier statement and this new one made me annoyed. Oh well. We had a hit. Putting the phone down, it suddenly rang. It was my horrible cousin Jonathan. He always wanted to come over and beat me in games. Not this time! I was going to stay up all night playing Paper Mario. "Hey, can I come over?" He asked. "Sorry no." I said putting the phone down. Things were finally going well. I suddenly ran right into my mom. "I forgot to tell you, after you get your Nintendo thing, we have to sleep in the tent- we're bombing the house for fleas." Compulsive feelings kicked me in the crotch a few times. Oh well, I could play tomorrow. 40 minutes later, I had been at the library. I came back. My mom came up. "I invited Jonathan over tonight. And he can play your new games tomorrow." My new games? I needed to play them! I had to get a feel for them before "Rat" Jon came over. "NOOOOOOO!" Well, maybe I didn't scream. "Well, can I stay up tomorrow and play my game?" I asked. "No, the morning after that, Aunt Kate is coming." "Well, how about in 2 nights?" I asked starting to sweat. "No, the next morning school begins." I stared in horror beyond terror.I would have to wait 6 days just to play the game I wanted so terribly. 6 days. Yay. I am getting it, but I can't PLAY IT! What fun.... Sits down and starts screaming. "Or..or maybe Best Buy will be out." Maybe. Who knows? When it came to my luck, there is none.                                                 
                                                      (TO BE CONTINUED...)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
Maybe if you got more to the point of WHY you cannot connect instead of ranting about old women, we could help.
The ߥTE is right. The adapter is for people who don't have an access point already. You don't have to buy one if you have a router.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 08:51:20 PM »
Don't matter. Right now, the wii is doing a update (FINALLY!), the problem is solved. Or... until the next outreageous problem. Gee, it sure takes a long time too load. A VERY long time...

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 09:02:03 PM »
Call this guy, he's usually good....

<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »
Wait, if you're updating, that means you're online, right?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 09:20:57 PM »
Or... until the next outreageous problem. Gee, it sure takes a long time too load. A VERY long time...
PLEASE have hope that nothing "outreageous" will happen again.
The shop channel takes long for everyone. Things like the Internet Channel (for which you'd have to pay for being late, aaahaha) will take no longer than on your computer. Of course, the better your connection and access point, the faster the Wii's Wi-Fi-enabled features will run. When we got a newer router model (the old one was top-of-the-line when we got it, I believe, but it became completely screwy), there was a dramatic change in Wi-Fi speed on my DS.
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 12:31:16 AM »
If you have slow or intermittent internet on the Wii, it may be broken due to overheating.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 03:16:10 AM »
This is the best help thread ever. Thanks for the stories, Nintendoobsessed. They make reading this place worthwhile!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »
No offense, but CALM DOWN. You're stories are funny, but if you REALLY want to connect to the shop channel, then call Nintendo Customer Support and tell them which router you have.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 03:27:03 PM »
Well, it's already over, but everytime I would call their help-line, I could never get to speak to a real person. Even when that voice didn't say they were busy.

Print