Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 64 on N64 need help!!!!  (Read 28134 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 03:35:49 PM »
I dunno. You guys ruined it by going way too fast and way too undetailed.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 04:33:32 PM »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »
Man what are they teaching kids in school these days?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 09:55:54 PM »
^ Yeah, what's the "z" in "zomg" mean?

for the human race to be created the universe must be created.
And for the universe to be created?
Whoah, hey, let's not get theological here!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »
^ Yeah, what's the "z" in "zomg" mean?
According to Urban Dictionary, it's the result of attempting to type "omg" in caps, but accidentally hitting the z key instead of the Shift key. Also says it's more often used for sarcasm.

I always pronounced it as "zoh my God." Urban Dictionary apparently agrees with this pronunciation.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:04:54 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »
trust me on this, anyone who is a member of a Mario Forum knows about SM64
Ok Super Mario 64 came out on 9\29\96 I was born a year and ten days before so I can't remember anything about it or when we got it. And yes it is twelve years old, my mistake. Anyway, So its in the basement and not that door with the keyhole. got it. Thanks everyone.
But how was the universe created? The big bang theory. So this big rock comes and hits something and blows up and there. The universe. Acoording to my Science Teacher.
In one ear, out the other. All I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH.

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »
But if nothing existed, then where did the big rock come from?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
No, there was no rock! All matter exploded out of a microscopic area of space. The expansion of the universe is the Big Bang still happening--what's going to happen when it stops...?

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2008, 01:45:13 PM »
We will all die.

Where did all the matter come from? Can something come out of nothing?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2008, 01:54:51 PM »
Well, it must have.

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »
Well, it's impossible to make something out of nothing now, so why would it be possible then? With the smallest atom, which is very much a something, I can create millions upon millions of objects, but without it or anything else, I can create nothing.

And even if it was possible to create something out of nothing back then, something must have altered the laws of reality to do so. To say that nothing can alter the rules of reality so that nothing could make something would mean that nothing was something. Because nothing can't do anything.

To say that God made the universe would say that something made something, but since God is something, He must have been made from something else, right? In my opinion, no. To some, God is a being that is not bound by the rules of reality that He created and is thus able to alter anything he desires. In my opinion, we are bound by that reality, and God is bound by His own reality.

Think of it as a video game. We are not bound by the rules of the game, but the characters we control and play as are bound by their own reality. This can also be applied to the creation theory. Mario could not exist unless Miyamoto was there to create him. Something must be made from something, and God is the ultimate/final gamer without anyone to create Him (I know that sounds weird, but this is the best way I can explain it).

The only other explanation is that something was made from nothing, and science has demonstrated that matter cannot be created from nothing. Because God goes beyond our reality, He has the ability to do so. One could argue that God does not exist, and that matter was created from nothing, but like I said, that is impossible. And if it were possible, then why or how were the rules of reality altered out of nothing? That would mean that nothing can do everything, but the truth is it can't. It is nothing. Nothing can only create nothing, which would mean that the odds of nothing creating the universe and the world as we know it are infinity to 0.

God's omnipotence/existence can be explained, even when there is evidence against His existence, by the big rock theory. Let's say God created a rock that was so heavy that even He could not lift it. That would mean that He is not omnipotent because He can't lift the rock. If He created a rock so heavy that he could not lift it, but lifts it anyway, that would mean that the rock is not as heavy as proclaimed, which in turn means that God is not omnipotent because He did not create a rock so heavy that He could not lift it. However, to say that the rock is heavy means that it is bound by the laws of gravity/weight/mass...basically laws that govern our reality. However, God is not bound by the laws of reality that He created. If we created a rock so heavy that no human being could lift it in a video game, we'd still be able to lift it by lifting our TV because we are not bound by that reality. Sure, Mario wouldn't be able to do it, but that's because he is bound by his reality. God can do anything in our reality because His reality is different than ours. It is a reality that goes beyond our comprehension, and when we die I believe we become a part of that reality. Death is breaking free of our reality and coming to terms with another. I know that all of this sounds almost too fantastic to be true, but God exists because nothing can't come out of nothing. It is the rules of our reality and the known universe.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that in our reality, it is not possible to create anything out of nothing. If it were true, then I could create a living being out of...well, nothing! In God's reality, it is possible to create something out of nothing because it is a reality that is governed by totally different rules. From that reality, He was able to create our reality and it's own set of rules. To say that God's reality does not exist would say that our reality created itself; our reality did not create itself because our own laws forbid it.

This isn't meant to be offensive to those who don't believe in God, it's just some food for thought. If you don't want to debate, then just pass by without comments like "Thank you for making me uncomfortable" or something like that. Otherwise, a rebuttal would be nice. This is a forum board, right?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 05:21:39 PM by PaperLuigi »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008, 05:50:42 PM »
I want to believe there's a God, but I don't believe we have to worship whatever God might be there or follow any sort of rules or anything. Just be good and try to live as long as possible. That's what I say.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 07:32:12 PM »
If God can create Himself out of nothing and then create the universe, why not skip the middleman and just have the universe create itself out of nothing?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »
God made the rule that something is needed to create something else because if we could create something out of nothing, what's stopping us from making a giant doomsday machine? Nothing, because I wouldn't need anything to create it. There's also nothing to stop me from making an object that could stop such a device. If I could do anything without working for it, life would be rather pointless. As odd as it may sound, God wants us to grow as humans and learn from our mistakes rather than have everything we could ever want. He made us to love each other and love Him.

I suppose it really is a matter of personal opinion about what God is. To some, He is the Lord, to others He is simply our reality, and to others He is a creator but in a sense that He created the universe and then left it alone. And some just don't believe in Him at all. Just thought I'd take a crack on my opinion on the subject.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 08:16:37 PM by PaperLuigi »

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
PL just made the most in-depth post of the year.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Print