Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 64 on N64 need help!!!!  (Read 27537 times)

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »
Well thank you. When presenting an argument, one must present as much information as possible. I really wish I could've done this in some kind of argument topic though. :(

But the topic at hand was presented here, so it's good enough.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 09:03:20 PM »
Um. How did this Topic take the direction that it just did now?

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008, 09:24:27 PM »
Well, ShadowBrain said that the universe was created out of nothing, so I provided as much info as possible to rebuke that statement (that is what a forum board is about, I believe). Besides, what else is there to discuss other than to get the key, you need to beat Bowser?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 10:29:23 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2008, 02:39:48 AM »
We will all die.

Where did all the matter come from? Can something come out of nothing?
I will try to get back to you on that.. I'll be sure to ask my science teacher.
In one ear, out the other. All I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH.

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2008, 02:52:28 AM »
Um. How did this Topic take the direction that it just did now?
Well it all started with that question of mine that started this post, and then Megamush, SlushieBoy and ShadowBrain started the ''to do this you must have this or do this'' stuff, that carried on forever, and then Shadow Brain started a Bible spoiler, and then rebirth and death, and then we started talking about the Universe and the big bang theory, and other stuff. Man I feel like I'm back in my science class!
In one ear, out the other. All I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2008, 04:33:35 AM »
for the human race to be created the universe must be created. wait how did this happen to become a forum game?

For a universe to be created, God must be alive.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2008, 06:42:32 AM »
*gives PL a cookie*

That was one of the most clear and concise explanations of the first cause argument I've seen, at least on the internet. One thing I'd add, though, is that if God created time, then it's meaningless to ask how He was created, because if He's outside of time, He has no past, so it's impossible to conceive of a "time" when He didn't exist. Your analogy to rules in a video game actually covered that and more, but it's still a useful detail to point out.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »
Well thanks! A compliment coming from the guy who made this little gem feels pretty good.

And yes, time is yet another law that governs our reality, so to say that God is bound by time would mean he is bound by the laws of our reality. Good point there.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:31:45 AM by PaperLuigi »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2008, 09:16:55 AM »
Time is a dimension, not a law.
That was a joke.

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
Even if time is a dimension (which it is, my mistake), God is not bound by it either. Time is not infinite; to say that time is infinite would mean that it existed before everything else, but according to science, time and space occupy the universe. The logical thing to say is that the universe was created before time. Thus God is not bound by time because the universe was created before time.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2008, 12:29:49 PM »
What I mean when I said that wasn't necessarily that life came from nothingness, but that what created it is so far out of the scope of imagination that we can't study it (and I'm not referring to God). Actually, and I'm being 100% honest here, the theory posited by Men in Black actually seems like it's worth a thought or two.

Honestly, why does it even matter where we came from? Even if we hypothetically find out someday, I doubt it's going to make the lives of the human race any better. If anything, all the opposing religions will riot, there'll be mass panic, and the world will go nuts. I mean, we're only alive for 80 years or so... just live.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »
So what you're saying is that what created us is beyond our imagination. But by my definitions described in previous posts, God is all of that and more. To say that what created us is beyond our imagination but is not God would imply that something without intelligence/life created us. But is that even possible? I don't think it is because a piece of wood can't create another piece of wood.

It all boils down to this. The rules of our universe state that we as humans (intelligent beings) can create out of something else. So to say that the universe itself was not created by something intelligent means that the rules of today do not apply. And then it comes down to whether or not you're willing to accept the information as fact or blow it off as a bunch of garbage. I hope I've provided enough info to challenge the beliefs held by some of the members here. Peace out.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:50:06 PM by PaperLuigi »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
Of course, then there's the ultimate question... Who created God?

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »
Dude, I've already explained that. Look at my other post (the big one on the last page) and read it.

*sighs and remembers why he repeats his information 1,000 times*

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2008, 12:57:39 PM »
Dude, I've already explained that. Look at my other post (the big one on the last page) and read it.
You, of course, being the authority on all things God.

So... he created himself?

Proposed T-shirt slogan: GODS MAKE IT WITH THEMSELVES

Print