Print

Author Topic: Boss Rush on Intense  (Read 15351 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »
I've done almost every challenge on the "wall" except this one. I tried like 20 times with all of my best characters. All have failed. But the farthest I've gotten is with Sonic and I beat 8 of them. Can anyone give me any tips or Strategies on how to beat Porky, Duon, and Galleom with taking much damage? Oh and, is it possible to open the case with a Golden Hammer? I need to know before I play 30 hours of Brawls.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »
I'm not sure how it's a rush.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »
Punch, punch, don't die.

And read the Boss Strategies at the Dojo.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:47:57 PM by Deezer »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:20:06 AM »
^ Well put.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 01:51:33 PM »
If it's too difficult, I'd suggest doing other challenges to improve your ability and then come back to it. To this day I haven't beaten like 10 of the Event Challenges in Melee (one's with the endless Pikachus, another's trying to get the Majora's Mask trophy, another's against Dr. Mario and white-outfit Peach who I swear have anvils in their fists). Doesn't bother me that much. I'd just try other areas in the meantime, then eventually go back to it when I'm not ticked off at Dr. Mario and try the challenge again. Given enough effort, eventually you'll get it. And if not, you'll probably have 30 hours accumulated by then that you can use some alternate method (if it exists).
You didn't say wot wot.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »
That's actually a good idea! But I found out that you can't use hammers for any challenges that require you to beat boss battles on certain levels of difficulty. I can beat it on Very Hard quite easily (That way you can get the Porky Statue Trophy) but It's too tough on intense mode...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »
I'm particuarly fond of using Pit and Mirror Shielding pretty much every attack.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
I'm particuarly fond of using Pit and Mirror Shielding pretty much every attack.

That sounds like it could work. I'm gonna go try it out later.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »
I used Yoshi for this one. His double jump is perfect if you have high damage, since he does not flinch when he gets hit. Use his jump down + A attack (D aerial) and his eggs (Up + B).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »
That's actually a good idea! But I found out that you can't use hammers for any challenges that require you to beat boss battles on certain levels of difficulty.
Those things are idiotic. Aside from maybe a few Cruel Brawl (impossible)-related things, the only stuff you can use it on is things that you'd probably already be able to beat.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:44 PM »
Those things are idiotic. Aside from maybe a few Cruel Brawl (impossible)-related things, the only stuff you can use it on is things that you'd probably already be able to beat.

For Cruel Brawl related challenges I made the alloys kill themselves. You see by Using Jigglypuff or a high jump character to float under the stage and grab on to the edge and go back and forth, the alloys will decide to attack you so they jump towards to attack you. then you let go of the edge and float to the other side. The alloys just fall and die.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
I've got to try that with Pit or something. This sounds like a very feasible technique.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »
For Cruel Brawl related challenges I made the alloys kill themselves. You see by Using Jigglypuff or a high jump character to float under the stage and grab on to the edge and go back and forth, the alloys will decide to attack you so they jump towards to attack you. then you let go of the edge and float to the other side. The alloys just fall and die.
Oh, well... I suppose. I think that's what I've been doing before, but I guess I just wasn't sticking with it as an actual technique (then again, I've been primarily focusing on All-Star mode lately).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »
I've got to try that with Pit or something. This sounds like a very feasible technique.
Pit isn't floaty enough for it. I've tried.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »
When Duon fires those homing missiles, get behind it so they come back and hit it. It causes massive damage.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 02:25:01 AM »
When I was trying to beat Intense today, I got three of the missiles to hit Duon. It took out a whopping 1/3 of its HP.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 10:18:27 AM »
I don't think I could ever beat it on Intense... I had trouble completing SSE on just Hard mode.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 06:34:51 PM »
I can't even beat Boss Rush (or whatever it's called--can't remember!) on Normal...

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 08:59:15 PM »
I beat it with Kirby... and I did nothing of the sort. Want to find out how? Add my Brawl friend code and I'll just send you the replay.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 05:27:03 AM »
I think I know what you did.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »
I finally did it. I beat Boss Battles on Intense. I used Yoshi and his godly down-aerial for most of them, except Pokey (eggs) and Duon (eggs, missile strategy). Galleom (tank) trophy... what a sucky reward!! Now I've got three challenges left to clear... 100-Man Brawl with all characters, 2000 total KOs, and to collect every sticker. I'm going to clear the wall without using a single hammer.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
I finally did it. I beat Boss Battles on Intense. I used Yoshi and his godly down-aerial for most of them, except Pokey (eggs) and Duon (eggs, missile strategy). Galleom (tank) trophy... what a sucky reward!! Now I've got three challenges left to clear... 100-Man Brawl with all characters, 2000 total KOs, and to collect every sticker. I'm going to clear the wall without using a single hammer.

You played over 100 hours of Brawls? (That is a challenge) It's been like a month and already you played over 100 hours? I just used a hammer for that. I don't have time to play like 2-3 hours of Brawls a day (Except maybe when my friends are over) because I have a life :)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
I play a lot. By the time I decided, "You know what, I'm just going to leave the game on overnight with four players standing around because I know what this CD is and I desperately want it," I already had 50 hours. Yeah, I have a life too, but when you can't really access your life as much as a person who lives a reasonable distance away from friends, you have to do something else.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 06:46:34 AM »
Having a life is a bane to video-gamers, isn't it?  That, and the need to eat and sleep.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »
I'd say it's the opposite.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 09:50:58 AM »
What?  that video-games are the bane to people with a life?  Naaah...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
No, life/eating/sleeping is necessary to keep gamers alive.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »
It's true. But the eating/drinking is usally fatty and sugary foods.

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
Having a life is a bane to video-gamers, isn't it?  That, and the need to eat and sleep.

YOU FORGOT ABOUT GOING TO THE BATHROOM

*goes

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
Leo used Poop!
The attack was ineffective.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
Yay! VGCats reference. www.vgcats.com Now I know I'm not the only one... too bad Scotts at Akon.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »
Personally, I beat Boss Battles with Luigi on intense after several tries. I tried the Yoshi Down+A thing, and you can't recover if you fly way out with him. I tried the little Fox trick where you just try and avoid everything and just keep your distance shooting constantly. Definitely didn't work, ESPECIALLY against Raygoon or whatever that little green snake Pokemon thing is. Nothing was working, so I used my man, Luigi. I would just judo-chop them about three times, down+a, up+a, the whole smash, lol no pun intended. Anyway, using him and his excellent recovery I would just blast them and then always own them with Up+B to the face when they were almost dead. I rationed my hearts, too. I would try and go for 4 to 5 battles then use a heart, then the last 5 or 4 battles I'd use one. I always saved one for Tabuu... cuz going in there with 58% is just annoying to try and recover.....and half the time I failed was because of not being able to time the STUPID XBOX INSPIRED RED RINGS OF DEATH BUTTERFLY ADDITION that Tabuu would do and then do a second time if he had a slap to the face worth of life left and you tried to just chop him.

Did any of you notice that on Intense, when you get to the last two or three battles, the bosses would speed up insanely fast?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 10:44:01 PM »
Ah, yes, I do know that the bosses get incredibly fast after the sixth boss. I had to make sure when I beat Boss Battles on Intense with Lucas that Rayquaza was beaten before the fifth boss, or else I knew I would lose. Similarly, I liked having Petey later in the fights because I could beat him without taking any damage (PK FREEZE! PK FREEZE! run roll repeat).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »
I always die on Tabuu.  Even if I have 0% going into the fight, he always kills me.  And not because of his off waves, either.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 11:16:25 AM »
Yeah, to be honest, the waves were the least of my problems with Tabuu. My real problem was with that chain of light.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »
I always die when he turns into that set of brackets-looking thing, catches me, and launches me off-screen.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 11:14:43 PM »
Ah, I can't believe I forgot about that. That may have been far more of a problem than the Chain of Light; the chain doesn't get an instant KO when you're at 0%.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »
Mind you, I can't even get as far as Tabuu on Intense... I usually die after 2 or 3 bosses on Intense...

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »
I've found that using Pit's Down+B (Palutena's Shield?) worked really well against attacks that reflect (Meta Ridley's flame breath, regular Ridley's flame breath, Rayquaza's.. charged up flame breath..)

The trouble I'm having is that I can't use Pit to beat it on Intense, since I used him on the level below that.

I can't use characters that have cleared Boss Mode previously if I'm trying to get a trophy for clearing it, right?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »
Not that I know of... I just thought you needed to clear it with any character.

Print