Print

Author Topic: Pokemon DP again  (Read 20867 times)

« on: July 01, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »
Is this the right board to ask for a trade? We need a Chimchar (the Fire starter) so that we can have the three starters for this generation. Is anybody willing to trade?

Also, can somebody clear up what an Effort Value is? I understand all the information on GameFAQs about them, but how do you know what EV's your Pokemon has?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:47:34 PM »
Sure, sure. I'd have to dig up Diamond, but I'm pretty sure I could find it within the week.

EVs are invisible forms of experience points which only affect your Pokémon when the Pokémon levels up. You can have 255 in total, I think, and there are EVs for every stat. Ten are required to add one point to your stats on leveling up. The different types of EVs come from different Pokémon-- battling something like Rattata over and over again will add to your speed EVs. When I played LeafGreen, I made my Gengar into a impossibly harsh monster by battling with its young brethren, adding to its Special Attack EV. When it leveled up, it would get around 10-12 points to Special Attack.

Also, you know those berries which take away from stats? They actually take away from EVs-- 10 at a time. I used those berries to whittle away at my Gengar's normal Defense and Attack so I could add MORE to Special Attack.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
If you need more in-depth help of training your pokémon, head over to www.serebii.net.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:23:24 PM »
Now see, Serebii just confuses me more than ever when I try to understand their explanations.

As for trading Chimchar, Toad, if you've registered me and posted your friend code in the D/P code thread, I may be able to find you one...  if you already have one, disregard this post.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
Thank you Suffix. Is there some kind of Pokemon you are looking for? I don't have any other games besides Diamond or Pearl, so what I can catch you will be kind of limited (but I have finished off the Elite 4, and more interesting monsters are appearing everywhere..)

Kimimaru: Thanks. I'll check into that website when I have more time on my hands (probably this weekend).

TurtleKid: I don't recall if I've posted my FC for this game. I don't have it on me now, so I'll probably send you a PM when I have my FC. I would love to trade with both you and Suffix. Is there a monster you are looking for? Also, thanks.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
Hmm.. I forget.. How do you check your FC? .. or do I just put Pokemon up in the GTS?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »
Look at your Pal Pad, I believe... it should be in the same pocket as your bicycle/explorer kit/poffin case/etc.

...monsters I'm looking for... I don't suppose by any chance you have:

Chikorita,
Cyndaquil,
Totodile,
Lugia,
Ho-oh,
Mew,
Celebi,
Jirachi,
Entei,
Raikou,
Suicune,
or Zapdos?

I wish they would do a remake of the Johto games like what they did with Kanto in FR/LG.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:22:46 AM by Turtlekid1 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
Actually, I could breed a Cyndaquil thanks to Bird Person. I found my Pokémon Diamond today; I'll get to work when we go eat lunch on the river.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »
Well, I could get a Mew, but it'll likely be a couple of days. I'm still filling up the Pokemon Ranch, and just yesterday got a Phione (which I thought was a baby Manaphy, but is not..)

As for the others, unless they are in Leaf Green, I probably can't get it at this moment in time. Nicky (my wife) wants to track down a couple of other GBA games so that we can get some monsters to appear that she wants. I hate giving up more money just to complete the Pokedex in one game.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
I would be able to get you any of the Johto starters, if it weren't for the fact that my DS doesn't want to recognize my Wi-Fi connection.
No! I don't want that!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 04:46:46 PM »
just yesterday got a Phione (which I thought was a baby Manaphy, but is not..)

Actually, it is a baby Manaphy as breeding a Manaphy and Ditto gets you a Phione. But for whatever reason, Phione can't evolve into Manaphy.

By the way, I hear you can get one Johto starter in Emerald by catching all 200 Hoenn Pokémon. Of course you'd need access to both Ruby and Sapphire to do this so I can't confirm it.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 06:35:17 PM »
I heard the same thing, but I definitely can't catch all the Hoenn Pokémon. Anyway, Toad, I'm ready to trade a Chimchar or whatever, so... any time now.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
I would be able to get you any of the Johto starters, if it weren't for the fact that my DS doesn't want to recognize my Wi-Fi connection.

Here's hoping it starts recognizing it ;D

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »
I heard the same thing, but I definitely can't catch all the Hoenn Pokémon. Anyway, Toad, I'm ready to trade a Chimchar or whatever, so... any time now.

How about tomorrow? I'm actually at work right now and probably shouldn't be posting on message boards..

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
Sure. I vote for 7:00 PST today. I still need your friend code, though.

Print