Print

Author Topic: Pokemon DP again  (Read 20769 times)

« on: July 01, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »
Is this the right board to ask for a trade? We need a Chimchar (the Fire starter) so that we can have the three starters for this generation. Is anybody willing to trade?

Also, can somebody clear up what an Effort Value is? I understand all the information on GameFAQs about them, but how do you know what EV's your Pokemon has?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:47:34 PM »
Sure, sure. I'd have to dig up Diamond, but I'm pretty sure I could find it within the week.

EVs are invisible forms of experience points which only affect your Pokémon when the Pokémon levels up. You can have 255 in total, I think, and there are EVs for every stat. Ten are required to add one point to your stats on leveling up. The different types of EVs come from different Pokémon-- battling something like Rattata over and over again will add to your speed EVs. When I played LeafGreen, I made my Gengar into a impossibly harsh monster by battling with its young brethren, adding to its Special Attack EV. When it leveled up, it would get around 10-12 points to Special Attack.

Also, you know those berries which take away from stats? They actually take away from EVs-- 10 at a time. I used those berries to whittle away at my Gengar's normal Defense and Attack so I could add MORE to Special Attack.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
If you need more in-depth help of training your pokémon, head over to www.serebii.net.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:23:24 PM »
Now see, Serebii just confuses me more than ever when I try to understand their explanations.

As for trading Chimchar, Toad, if you've registered me and posted your friend code in the D/P code thread, I may be able to find you one...  if you already have one, disregard this post.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
Thank you Suffix. Is there some kind of Pokemon you are looking for? I don't have any other games besides Diamond or Pearl, so what I can catch you will be kind of limited (but I have finished off the Elite 4, and more interesting monsters are appearing everywhere..)

Kimimaru: Thanks. I'll check into that website when I have more time on my hands (probably this weekend).

TurtleKid: I don't recall if I've posted my FC for this game. I don't have it on me now, so I'll probably send you a PM when I have my FC. I would love to trade with both you and Suffix. Is there a monster you are looking for? Also, thanks.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
Hmm.. I forget.. How do you check your FC? .. or do I just put Pokemon up in the GTS?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »
Look at your Pal Pad, I believe... it should be in the same pocket as your bicycle/explorer kit/poffin case/etc.

...monsters I'm looking for... I don't suppose by any chance you have:

Chikorita,
Cyndaquil,
Totodile,
Lugia,
Ho-oh,
Mew,
Celebi,
Jirachi,
Entei,
Raikou,
Suicune,
or Zapdos?

I wish they would do a remake of the Johto games like what they did with Kanto in FR/LG.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:22:46 AM by Turtlekid1 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
Actually, I could breed a Cyndaquil thanks to Bird Person. I found my Pokémon Diamond today; I'll get to work when we go eat lunch on the river.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »
Well, I could get a Mew, but it'll likely be a couple of days. I'm still filling up the Pokemon Ranch, and just yesterday got a Phione (which I thought was a baby Manaphy, but is not..)

As for the others, unless they are in Leaf Green, I probably can't get it at this moment in time. Nicky (my wife) wants to track down a couple of other GBA games so that we can get some monsters to appear that she wants. I hate giving up more money just to complete the Pokedex in one game.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
I would be able to get you any of the Johto starters, if it weren't for the fact that my DS doesn't want to recognize my Wi-Fi connection.
No! I don't want that!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 04:46:46 PM »
just yesterday got a Phione (which I thought was a baby Manaphy, but is not..)

Actually, it is a baby Manaphy as breeding a Manaphy and Ditto gets you a Phione. But for whatever reason, Phione can't evolve into Manaphy.

By the way, I hear you can get one Johto starter in Emerald by catching all 200 Hoenn Pokémon. Of course you'd need access to both Ruby and Sapphire to do this so I can't confirm it.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 06:35:17 PM »
I heard the same thing, but I definitely can't catch all the Hoenn Pokémon. Anyway, Toad, I'm ready to trade a Chimchar or whatever, so... any time now.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
I would be able to get you any of the Johto starters, if it weren't for the fact that my DS doesn't want to recognize my Wi-Fi connection.

Here's hoping it starts recognizing it ;D

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »
I heard the same thing, but I definitely can't catch all the Hoenn Pokémon. Anyway, Toad, I'm ready to trade a Chimchar or whatever, so... any time now.

How about tomorrow? I'm actually at work right now and probably shouldn't be posting on message boards..

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
Sure. I vote for 7:00 PST today. I still need your friend code, though.

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:44 PM »
I'll get home about 9:30 CST.. what's the time difference between our time zones?

Also, is there a monster I can trade you for? I hate just randomly giving out monsters. I'm not going to go and give you a Bidoof or anything, but still..

I'll get you my FC after I get home tonight.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 07:42:47 PM »
Okay, here's a list of Pokémon I'm missing:

Code: [Select]
151 Mew - 154 Meganium
158 Totodile - 160 Feraligatr
186 Politoed
191 Sunkern - 192 Sunflora
211 Qwilfish
213 Shuckle
222 Corsola
228 Houndour - 229 Houndoom
233 Porygon 2
244 Entei
249 Lugia - 251 Celebi
255 Torchic - 257 Combusken
259 Marshtomp (I can get this one by myself, easily)
272 Ludicolo
290 Nincada - 292 Shedinja
330 Flygon
345 Lileep - 346 Cradily
362 Glalie - 363 Spheal
368 Gorebyss
370 Luvdisc
380 Latias
385 Jirachih - 386 Deoxys
463 Lickilicky
467 Magmortar - 469 Yanmega
472 Gliscor
474 Porygon-Z
476 Probopass
Anything above 490

I may very well have everything not on this list available for trade.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:19:19 AM by Suffix »

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 08:16:19 PM »
Ok, I can get you a Poliwag, which eventually becomes Politoed.

Give me about 30 minutes and I'll be home.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »
Poliwag doesn't become a Politoed that easily. I have innumerable Poliwags!

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »
Oh yeah.. Err.. well.. How about a Swellow? Throw it in the day care with a Ditto and you can get a Taillow, I think.

EDIT: Here is my FC too..

Jon

2621 4169 6868
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:12:58 PM by Toad »

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »
Now, where do I go to connect with you? Do I need to use the GTS, or will any Poke Center work?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 09:23:11 PM »
Erm... just a moment. I'll edit this in a moment.

You need to go downstairs in any Pokécenter. By the way, if you do have any of the Pokémon in the above list but don't want to trade it, remember that I'm not looking for the Pokémon themselves, but their Pokédex entries, which means I could easily just trade them back.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:30:00 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 09:25:53 PM »
Okey-dokie. I guess I'll see you in a minute (I got your FC off the FC board).

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »
I don't have any of those sadly. You can keep the Swellow, if you like.

I hope you enjoy the item he's carrying too. :)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 09:35:54 PM »
All right. For future stuff, I recommend joining #TMK.

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »
That was weird.. I didn't know you could talk to the people you're trading with.

.. and I wasn't ignoring you. I had the volume turned down because I don't have my charger here. What if my DS died mid trade? XD

I was once on #TMK, but the JAVA part is no longer working. I did download Mirc, but I can't get that to work. I'm so technologically inept..

Nice doing business with you, Suffix. :)

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 09:53:40 PM »
Why are there so many people watching this topic? The action already happened. Go home! XD

Although, if anybody wants to trade, post here or PM me. I will be available tomorrow, after say 11AM. I am watching my neice in the morning while her mom runs an errand of some form.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 09:57:05 PM »
Wait, did you still need a Cyndaquil? By the way, the only talking I did over the microphone was yelling at my brother to turn down his funky music.

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »
I wouldn't mind a Cyndaquil. Tomorrow, though. I am beat. Work was hectic and I am also needing to eat something. Do you know another Pokemon I could give/trade you?

See you tomorrow!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
Okay. If you don't have any of the Pokémon in the above area, I'll just take whatever Bidoof or junk you want to get rid of.

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 09:18:52 AM »
Does anybody have a Bulbasaur that they can spare, im willing to make a offer
Noy Duh

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 03:35:37 PM »
I'd be glad to offer one of my spare Bulbasaurs, but I just can't seem to get my Wi-Fi to work. It annoys me to no end. Ever since we made our connection secure, the DS says it won't support the connection's format.
No! I don't want that!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 07:56:59 PM »
I could get you a Bulbasaur or two, easily. And even more easily if you have any of the species listed on the previous page.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 07:57:01 AM »
Maybe we should turn this into the Pokemon trading thread...

Does anybody have a Bulbasaur that they can spare, im willing to make a offer

I could probably get you one off the GTS, but I hope you don't mind waiting a little bit.

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 09:10:58 AM »
I could get you a Bulbasaur or two, easily. And even more easily if you have any of the species listed on the previous page.
Is Porygon2 good
The only thing is that Im going to have to package a Upgrade with a Normal Porygon

Edit: Probopass il trade to
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:19:09 AM by Negative_Zero »
Noy Duh

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »
I apologize for not logging in yesterday, Suffix. I had a migraine and did not feel much like doing anything. I should be able to trade again here in a couple of days.. I'll keep you posted.

Negative_Zero: Are you still looking for a Bulbasuar? I am willing to spare a couple.

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »
Sure il trade with anyone whoes ready.
You just gotta tell me what you whant
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:01:49 PM by Negative_Zero »
Noy Duh

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
What do you have? XD

I'm sure I could come up with a list like Suffix did, but it'll probably be tonight or tomorrow..

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »
Speaking of lists, I edited mine on page one to include more of the pokemon I'm looking for...  anyone who's interested, take a look.

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 11:10:41 AM »
Wow. Pokemon Platnium comes out in Japan on my birthday.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 01:07:42 PM »
I seriously wish I had wi-fi. I'd love to help folks out...as well as having some way to get Zangoose. I suppose McD's might be an option.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 02:54:58 AM »
Turtlekid: I can give/trade you Cyndaquil and Zapdos, and I can loan (for 'dex) Raikou and Suicune. I've got Zapdos coming out of my ears. Again, take a look at my list on page 2 for potential trades.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »
Combusken
Shuckle
Porygon-Z
Politoed (possibly; I'll have to check Bebe's PC for that one)
Lileep
and Yanmega

I can loan, maybe trade; at least, they're the ones I have in the PC.  I think I have a couple duplicates that I can trade you for Cyndaquil and/or Zapdos... you did post your friend code for D/P, right?  If you posted it, I've probably already registered it.

PS: Do I want to know how you have Zapdos out your ears?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2008, 02:52:12 AM »
Ah, excellent. I'll do exactly what I have proposed if I can borrow that Combusken and Shuckle for enough time to clone them, and if I can get the Pokédex entries on the rest of the things you've listed.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2008, 06:25:58 AM »
Well, I definitely can't today, I'm going to be a bit busy for today... shall we arrange a date by PM?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 09:37:59 AM »
Sure, although like I've said before, coming into #TMK is one of the best ways to organize these things.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 06:28:15 AM »
Well... about that... #tmk won't work on my computer, and I don't really want to download anything...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 12:19:47 PM »
In other words, you don't have the right Java plug in and you're too chicken to download a IRC client tested by hundreds of thousands of satisfied people.

EDIT: You're sure the Java client didn't work? I heard from WarpRattler that you entered this morning around 7:32 or so, but departed after only a minute.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:58:48 PM by Suffix »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 06:50:17 PM »
Yep, I guess I was thinking of a different computer, like maybe one at my library... I'm pretty sure I'm good for the rest of the week.  I haven't had time to do much online since Saturday; I've been doing some roof work.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »
I still need Arceus, but only when I can get him legit.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:04:35 PM by Turtlekid1 »

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
I know I have an active Pokemon topic, but this is unrelated to EV training: Is there a way to get Cherrim to stay open after it opens up? I know it opens in sunny weather (or after using the Sunny Day move) but it isn't open after that particular fight is over.

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »
Unfortunately, Cherrim only reveals its flower form when its in battle and when the sun is harsh. Then returns back to normal when the battle is over. Cherrim is like Castform in this way. I wish I could see Castform's water droplet form outside of battle, but I can't. It's just the way the game was made. :(   
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 08:12:55 PM »
Bah. I had a feeling that's what someone would say.

Now for something different: Does anybody have Regice, Regirock, and Registeel that they can loan me? I want to attempt to get my own Regigigas before asking for one. I'll give them back, I promise. :D

Edit: I should be able to get on sometime this weekend, more likely on Sunday, either before 11 or after 6. I'll post in this topic when I am on (side note: do we have a trading topic/board here on TMK?)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:28:54 PM by Toad »

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »
That reminds me. When I wiped my Diamond, I killed half my Pokemon. Well, this sucks. If I really push, I might be able to get Regirock, Registeel and Regice to you. Might.

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2009, 09:14:07 PM »
Well that's ok. Don't strain yourself. XD

I will be free also Monday before 4, or all day Tuesday. Unless something comes up. :)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 04:08:24 PM »
I can loan you the Regis.  Or just loan you Regigigas (Unless you want it for a reason besides the Pokedex, which I couldn't possibly understand). 
No, seriously, its ability makes it useless.  I guess it's an okay HM Slave... 

Is tomorrow good?  I seem to have just missed you before 4 in your time zone.

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »
I was sick on Monday (another migraine, this time with some actual.. being sick). Maybe another day (Friday, perhaps). Is there anything in particular you want to trade for?

I hate putting things off and not having any internet at my own place.

Edit: I guess if you want to loan me all four, that's ok. But I wanted the other three so I could try and catch my own Gigas. You don't happen to have a spare Master Ball do you? XD
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:13:07 AM by Toad »

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »
Sorry to double post, but I will be near an internet connection for a couple of hours. Is there anything specific someone is looking for that I could loan you in return for the Regi-things (do they breed?)

Edit: Something came up at work, so I will be gone. Maybe Monday before five, or Tuesday (I am definitley off Tuesday). Sorry to keep haveing to cancel plans. I will make it up. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:27:19 PM by Toad »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2009, 09:12:58 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
Whoa! Is that another one of Gamestop's giveaways? Sweet!

Also, it looks like the gaming gods are not with me: ice is falling from the heavens (not snow, ice) and it looks like the mall is closing early. If we get that full inch the weathermen are predicting, the mall may not even be open tomorrow, and I may not be able to get out of my driveway (we have sort of a slope down to our apt..)

So, again, plans have changed.. :(

Edit: Haha! No ice storm is going to stop me! I am at my parents, on the internet. I will get my game out after I have had some breakfast (took Nicky to work, roads are fine but at least I know she's safe).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:03:48 AM by Toad »

Print